2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Far too inconsistent for mine. Had a huge last month or so but was pretty ordinary for most of the first half of the season. Cripps, Bont, Merrett been far more consistent performers and better defensively/in the 1 percenters this year which imo is the best show of leadership.
Will still be up to 71 coaches votes after this round, featuring 9 times. Has been the main factor in Brisbane's revival. If he maintains this form line he is very much in the conversation for AA captain after his last few years of work.

Goals and assists round 18:

1. Charlie Curnow 63 (49/14)
2. Jesse Hogan 54 (45/9)
3. Toby Greene 50 (28/22)
4. Jeremy Cameron 49 (36/13)
5. Ben King 47 (45/2)/Harry McKay (42/5)/Kyle Langford (35/12)/Tyson Stengle (33/14)
9. Josh Treacy 46 (36/10)/Joe Daniher (34/12)

Dylan Moore equal 11th with Jake Waterman on 45.

Jeremy Cameron hasn't had what I'd call a particularly great season, yet still:

-Has more combined goals/assists
-Has an extra score involvement per game
-Averages 3.4 more disposals per game
-Has more total coaches votes
-Has had more games featuring in the coaches votes

Than McKay.

So if McKay is building a case, Cameron still has a stronger one despite being well below his best.
Both are worthy of discussion for AA. My point with McKay is that he should be in the discussion, not necessarily that he has to be in the team.

Both are worthy of discussion for AA. My point with McKay is that he should be in the discussion, not necessarily that he has to be in the team.
I never hear about Cameron though. McKay has received more recognition for a slightly worse season, in my opinion. But Cameron has set higher standards so that may have something to do with it.

I never hear about Cameron though. McKay has received more recognition for a slightly worse season, in my opinion. But Cameron has set higher standards so that may have something to do with it.
Think you’re right about Cameron.

McKay gets more recognition in my eyes because he is doing what he’s doing as the clear second option in our forward line. Whereas the others in the key forward debate are their teams #1.

I think Mckay presence has been greater he is sitting in that central position in the forward line and contesting either halving or winning contests allowing players to feed off him. Cameron beats you on the way back and swings around contests and gets on to his left foot, I love Cameron as a footballer but I think Mckay has been more important to his teams success so far this season.

Harry McKay is building a case that is difficult to ignore. 4th in the Coleman while also doing a lot around the ground and chopping out in the ruck.

Hogan and Daniher easily ahead. Curnow already in. If they pick a tall forward on bench maybe

Blakey - May - Zorko
Whitfield - Andrews - Houston
Gulden - Neale - Merrett
Gawn - Bontempelli -Butters
Heeney - Cameron - Moore
Stengle - Curnow - Hogan
Warner - Daicos - Cripps - Sinclair

Daicos and Cripps start on the ground ahead of Neale, Merrett and Butters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakey Weitering Clark
Holmes Andrews Dale
Gulden Cripps Daicos
Warner Hogan Moore
Stengle Curnow Daniher
Gawn Bontempelli Heeney

Merrett Neale Serong Anderson

Looking like another one of those pack as many inside mids into the team as possible type years, too many good ones to look past.

Last edited:
It might be Neale vs Serong for a AA jacket arm.

Do you think selectors will have both on the bench?

It will be difficult for them to be selected on field due to Cripps, Heeney Warner Daicos etc

It will be difficult for them to be selected on field due to Cripps, Heeney Warner Daicos etc
I don't like having 4 inside mids on the bench, but realistically who's having better seasons than them? Feel like most of the flankers, wings etc have been a bit down across the board this season compared to others.

Blakey Weitering Clark
Holmes Andrews Dale
Gulden Cripps Daicos
Warner Hogan Moore
Stengle Curnow Daniher
Gawn Bontempelli Heeney

Looking like another one of those pack as many inside mids into the team as possible type years, too many good ones to look past.
I think we all need to sit back and appreciate this monumental moment in time.

Nick Daicos has officially made it onto the ground in WalshistheGOAT's Rolling All-Australian team!

Not the only relevant stat to make AA but contested defensive losses % amongst KPD's in question this year

Charlie Comben - 46.4%
Ben Mckay - 35.6%
Tom Barrass - 33.3%
Jack Buckley - 31.4%
Alex Pearce - 25.5%
Jeremy McGovern - 23.3%
Tom McCartin - 18.5%
Sam Taylor - 14.8%
Harris Andrews - 13.4%
Sam Collins - 13.3%
Callum Wilkie - 11.4%
Steven May - 10.7%
Jacob Weitering - 4.5%

Not the only relevant stat to make AA but contested defensive losses % amongst KPD's in question this year

Charlie Comben - 46.4%
Ben Mckay - 35.6%
Tom Barrass - 33.3%
Jack Buckley - 31.4%
Alex Pearce - 25.5%
Jeremy McGovern - 23.3%
Tom McCartin - 18.5%
Sam Taylor - 14.8%
Harris Andrews - 13.4%
Sam Collins - 13.3%
Callum Wilkie - 11.4%
Steven May - 10.7%
Jacob Weitering - 4.5%
Yeah but what about Darcy Moore?

Blakey Weitering Clark
Holmes Andrews Dale
Gulden Cripps Daicos
Warner Hogan Moore
Stengle Curnow Daniher
Gawn Bontempelli Heeney

Certainly is. In terms of inside mids Cripps and Daicos are the clear top 2. Then you have Bont, Serong and Neale. Serong is I think top 3 in disposals, cont possession & clearances but doesn't kick goals like Bont. I don't think the likes of Butters will make the team.

Neale is going to win another Brownlow, still the best midfielder in the league. I don’t barrack for lions but the lack of respect here is crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back