2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it time Xerri gets discussed as the AA ruck? Dekoning was on and off all night long today but he's an absolute beast. Destroyed a few ruckmen this year in some big games, team isn't going to provide him the best results in terms of taps to advantage and score involvements etc but I'd back him in to beat most rucks right now.

With Melbourne falling over and Gawn being out it opens the door for someone else

Is it time Xerri gets discussed as the AA ruck? Dekoning was on and off all night long today but he's an absolute beast. Destroyed a few ruckmen this year in some big games, team isn't going to provide him the best results in terms of taps to advantage and score involvements etc but I'd back him in to beat most rucks right now.

With Melbourne falling over and Gawn being out it opens the door for someone else

I think he'd be a very good chance to make the 40. He's had an excellent season.

FB: Nick Blakey-Jacob Weitering-Dayne Zorko

HB: Jordan Clark-Harris Andrews-Lachie Whitfield

C: Errol Gulden-Patrick Cripps (C)-Zach Merrett

HF: Marcus Bontempelli (VC)- Jesse Hogan-Isaac Heeney

FF: Dylan Moore-Charlie Curnow-Jake Waterman

R: Max Gawn- Nick Daicos- Caleb Serong

Int: Lachie Neale- Zak Butters-Harry Sheezel- Chad Warner

In the mix:

Sam Collins
Steven May
Alex Pearce
James Sicily
Max Holmes
Dan Houston
Luke Ryan
Jack Sinclair

Sam Walsh
Adam Treloar
Tom Green
Noah Anderson
Sam Flanders

Tyson Stengle
Kysaiah Pickett
Jeremy Cameron
Ben King
Harry McKay
Joe Daniher
Josh Treacy

Tristan Xerri
Brodie Grundy
Rohan Marshall
at least you've noticed Jordan Clark

He just isn’t very good at actually rucking, a lot of his impact is done through his bollocking, work around stoppage, and around the ground. His tap work is poor.

Blakey - Weitering - Clark
Holmes - Andrews - Daicos
Gulden - Cripps - Merrett
Warner - Curnow - Sheezel
Waterman - Hogan - Moore
Grundy - Bontempelli - Serong

Heeney - Butters - Flanders - Neale

From my team I’d say Dale and Treloar the only other ones who could make a push the last few rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long is Gawn out for? Played 16 so is probably over the benchmark to make the team if they wanted.

Feels like the ruck spots are opening up a bit more

I think the benchmark is 18 from memory.

It was mentioned in the mid year meeting.

Cornes also clarified it on SEN the next day, it's 75% of the season to meet minimum selection criteria = 18 games

Otherwise they are removed from their lists and prepared statistical reports.

Gawn still needs 2 more games.

I think the benchmark is 18 from memory.

It was mentioned in the mid year meeting.

Cornes also clarified it on SEN the next day, it's 75% of the season to meet minimum selection criteria = 18 games

Otherwise they are removed from their lists and prepared statistical reports.
Was 70% I thought? Thought it added up to 16 or 17 games for this year. Either way Gawn is on the edge now and depends how he returns

Grundy was clear second earlier in the year but seems to have slowed down a bit as the Swans have struggled the last few weeks.

Xerri has been really good. Just not sure who else is in the conversation

Was 70% I thought? Thought it added up to 16 or 17 games for this year. Either way Gawn is on the edge now and depends how he returns

Grundy was clear second earlier in the year but seems to have slowed down a bit as the Swans have struggled the last few weeks.

It's either 70% or 75%, I'd have to go back to one of the SEN podcasts.

He definately went through it, I think it was 18 games.

There's definitely a set line of games for disqualification though.

Grundy probably took the points against Xerri last week tbf.

Briggs and TDK have also been very good. English and Marshall not as good as previous years but still decent.

Only Grundy has really gotten a hold of him, and Jackson beat him around the ground.

Should be in the squad at least.

In pre-season I predicted that Darcy would be in the AA conversation following the change in ruck rules. What Freo's last two weeks has shown is that the 'big lump' ruck will have a far greater role going forward. Meek beat Jackson comfortably last week with Darcy out injured; Darcy totally dominated a ruckless Demons yesterday (having just taken the points against Gawn in Alice Springs a few weeks ago).

If we are entering a new era where big lump rucks can again dominate, then it feels like if (big if) we could just keep Darcy fit he would be the dominant ruck in the comp - but Meek and Xerri are really not far behind.

Xerri will be integral in the Roos working their way back up the ladder and I am sure he will finish with at least 1 x AA jacket.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back