B - Blakey, Weitering, Vlastuin
HB - Holmes, Andrews, Zorko
C - Gulden, Cripps, Treloar
HF - Warner, Curnow, Moore
F - Waterman, Hogan, Stengle
Foll - Gawn, Bontempelli, Merrett
Inter - Heeney, Neale, Daicos, Sheezel

Serong, Butters & Clark really stiff.

I don't actually think Vlastuin deserves a spot on performance. But back pocket is hard to fill in AA, and among general defenders he's currently 1st for intercepts, 3rd for intercept marks, 6th for rebounds, and has the 5th best 1v1 loss rate (20 or more contests).

If no one else puts their hand up, I reckon they will either name another rebounder in the back pocket, or give it to Vlastuin as a legacy piece. If you're talking pure back pocket stopper, Idun's numbers are amazing.

Is Luke Jackson a chance?

Yeah I just think maybe on the bench as a utility/ruckman has had some great games this year. But maybe squad material I think you’re right. Was he squad last year?
I'd think Daniher or Mckay would be more likely selected as the 2nd ruck/utility type selection they enjoy. Both played a decent amount in there this season

I'd have Sheezel in the starting 18 ahead of Zorko. People are sleeping on him.

Both are good, but Sheezel has the edge in terms of his stats/output, and the fact he's doing it with a team at the bottom of the ladder makes it all the more impressive IMHO;

Sheezel is on the left, Zorko on the right here.

1721701215260.png

I'd have Sheezel in the starting 18 ahead of Zorko. People are sleeping on him.

Both are good, but Sheezel has the edge in terms of his stats/output, and the fact he's doing it with a team at the bottom of the ladder makes it all the more impressive IMHO;

Sheezel is on the left, Zorko on the right here.

View attachment 2056492
Only problem is Sheezel moving forward up the ground means he probably shouldn't qualify for the backline. Should be in the team though

Toby Greene still a chance, needs to have 5 weeks where GWS win say 4 games, Toby 15 goals or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what position?

Where I listed him - HBF.

He's played there plenty in 2024, and still lines up there during games when he's not in the midfield, and we've seen plenty of pure "midfielders" listed at the HFF/HBF in the AA squads in years prior anyway.

I don't actually think Vlastuin deserves a spot on performance. But back pocket is hard to fill in AA, and among general defenders he's currently 1st for intercepts, 3rd for intercept marks, 6th for rebounds, and has the 5th best 1v1 loss rate (20 or more contests).

If no one else puts their hand up, I reckon they will either name another rebounder in the back pocket, or give it to Vlastuin as a legacy piece. If you're talking pure back pocket stopper, Idun's numbers are amazing.
Very fair and balanced, just think Serong has to be there though

Ahead of who? I don’t know, so I know it’s easier to be critical when I’m not in solution mode

He has been fantastic though

Where I listed him - HBF.

He's played there plenty in 2024, and still lines up there during games when he's not in the midfield, and we've seen plenty of pure "midfielders" listed at the HFF/HBF in the AA squads in years prior anyway.
Im in the group who would really prefer we picked the best flankers and wingers. But I totally get its hard when you get guys who swap positions around a bit. Being recognised on the bench as a proper utility isn't bad.

Luke Ryan - Harris Andrews - Nick Blakey
Dan Houston - Steven May - Jack Sinclair
Nick Daicos - Caleb Serong - Errol Gulden
Toby Greene - Jesse Hogan - Marcus Bontempelli
Jeremy Cameron - Charlie Curnow - Tyson Stengle
Max Gawn - Patrick Cripps - Isaac Heeney
Zach Merrett - Lachie Neale - Chad Warner - Harry Sheezel

Is Luke Jackson a chance?

No for me. For a ruck/forward to make it they have to be in the absolute top few of either one, say sitting 5th in one spot & handy in the other (to beat out the guys sitting 3rd & 4th).

I don’t think Jackson is a top 5 ruck or forward, so I don’t think he can make it.

Not to say he hasn’t been very good or important. Just players of his role don’t quite stack up in there conversations. Sort of close to a lockdown defender v rebound defender.

No love for Freo? They are currently sitting fourth with the best defence in the comp.

TIf you take into account the two goals from dodgy decisions gifted to Carlton in the final minute then it's about equal.
How I Met Your Mother Sitcom GIF by Laff

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back