2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to revisit the JHF discussion
Last 4 games of the season he has been brilliant & finally got some exposure
Kicked 6 goals in the last 3 games
Helped us secure 2nd spot
I know vics put more weight on blokes who get 30 cheap touches early season in dead rubbers but here is a bloke who turns it on when it matters
Eg contrast JHFs 2 goal, 20 possies, 5 clearance, 70% de game to another contender Serong who had 19 disposals, 3 points, 5 clearances @ 63% de
JHF stands up when it counts
One was tagged by one of the better taggers in the game though.

Yep, JHF is in my AA team now.

In terms of the lists I had before, he has definitely surpassed all of the people I had 'on the same level'.

I would now pick him over Merrett, McCluggage, Rankine, Serong and Young for sure.
AFL.com.au experts disagree with you.

Butters, Horne-Francis and Houston all miss out.

My Final All-Australian Team

Backline:

Luke Ryan Harris Andrews Dan Houston

Dayne Zorko Jeremy McGovern Lachie Whitfield

Centre/Wing:

Errol Gulden Patrick Cripps (C) Zach Merrett

Forwards:

Dylan Moore Charlie Curnow Marcus Bontempelli (VC)

Tyson Stengle Jesse Hogan Jeremy Cameron

Ruck/Followers:

Tristan Xerri Isaac Heeney Nick Daicos

Interchange:

Caleb Serong Lachie Neale Adam Treloar Chad Warner

Sub (I know they don't select them):

Zak Butters

All good points but players like Bont and Heeney are very worthy forwards when you have the amazing players already in the forward line they can get 2-4 goals in a game and add to the side as an extra rotation through the midfield. Also if there wasn’t enough room for players like Merrett and Daicos in the midfield they would do a better job than Ambrosio and who ever the other options are, they are just better footballers.
That’s exactly why JHF gets a spot in the team

My problem with Nick Daicos is where to put him as apparently his stats as an inside mid are not great. Yes he gets the ball a lot but he is not in the top 100 with ball use (according to Champion Data). He is much better when he is played more on the outside but he did not play on the outside that much this season, so I am not sure where he should go.

He really should not be placed on the ruck/foll line though.

Dan Houston flew to Melbourne for the AA dinner, unsure if you get flown in if you're just in the squad and not final 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Houston flew to Melbourne for the AA dinner, unsure if you get flown in if you're just in the squad and not final 22
Not like he has any games to prepare for. May as well come for a free dinner

Gee Montagna's rationale behind his AA team tonight was embarrassing.

Doesn't pick D'Ambrosio because there's 'too many inside mids' that need to be rewarded.

Then picks Weitering over McGovern, despite Gov being the #2 ranked KPD and Weitering the #12.

Seriously, just pick the best player for those positions, don't put people out of position to fit them in. If they're an onballer that's #10 in the league but there's 2 ahead of them, then they miss out. They don't get shoved on a wing/forward pocket to 'fit' them in the team.

At least King and even Robbo tried being rational regarding this.
Which is perfectly fair. D’Ambrosio has simply not had an AA level season. It’s a recognition award, not a real representative team.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back