2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of expert commentators not watching much football, I remember quite a few years ago (maybe 8-10?) Tony Shaw popped up for a Brisbane game about midway through the season. In the pregame coverage he admitted he rarely got to see Brisbane play and hadn't seen them at all this year. A few moments later he was asked what he made of Brisbane of recent times (like he would have any idea really), so he went on for a minute or so about how they hadn't done anything to replace Jonathan Brown. It was pretty funny really.

Last edited:
Look forward to next year's AA when people complain again that so and so did enough to make it and was robbed.

Yep.

As I said on here a few days ago: awards such as the Brownlow medal (judged by umpires), AFLMVP (judged by players), AFLCA Champion Player of the Season (judged by coaches) and All Australian (judged by selectors).....they are all "opinion awards".....that means they aren't always going to get it right, but it is what it is and people on here and on social media in general spend far too much time whinging and complaining. They are wasting their time.

This thread should be closed.

Look forward to next year's AA when people complain again that so and so did enough to make it and was robbed.
Mate we still get Richmond supporters in completely unrelated threads going on about Hawkins making AA in 2022 ahead of Lynch, likewise Hawthorn fans with Stewart ahead of Sicily in some year that no one is entirely sure of anymore. Depending on if one of the more obsessed fanbases are cut up about Ryan making the AA team in '24 ahead of one their defenders, you've got years of shitposting to look forward to.

That’s 2xAA 1xBNF
LOCKETT OF THE BACK POCKET
LUKE “THE GROUNDSMAN” RYAN
To you
Easily the worst and least deserving multiple All Australian of all time.

Much less damaging than Holmes, Clark and Dale this season. Gov or Sicily in the intercepting back pocket spot to squeeze the deserving Andrews in as a KPD would've also been a much better decision.

FWIW Ryan over Sicily, Andrews, Holmes or Dale in 2024 is 10x the howler that any of the back 6 (for some reason only Stewart was picked at) chosen over Sicily in 2024 was. So I'm expecting 10x the reaction.

No, Sicily wasn't as good in 2024 as 2022. But Stewart in 2022 was several tiers better than Ryan 2024.

Easily the worst and least deserving multiple All Australian of all time.

Much less damaging than Holmes, Clark and Dale this season. Gov or Sicily in the intercepting back pocket spot to squeeze the deserving Andrews in as a KPD would've also been a much better decision.
Joel Bowden MKII

FWIW Ryan over Sicily, Andrews, Holmes or Dale in 2024 is 10x the howler that any of the back 6 (for some reason only Stewart was picked at) chosen over Sicily in 2024 was. So I'm expecting 10x the reaction.

No, Sicily wasn't as good in 2024 as 2022. But Stewart in 2022 was several tiers better than Ryan 2024.
2022 was the Sicilians career year, was number one in so many different categories that season his omission was and still is an outrage.

This year his season was interrupted by 2 shoulder injuries that he still needs to have surgery on. I think Andrews and Holmes were bigger ommisons personally, so not flying the flag as hard as I was in 22 haha.

Well said but even I would have been surprised if Stewart and Sicily had made it over Ryan and Governor. Both had very below average seasons but Sicily version in 2023 and 2022 and Stewart’s 2020-22 season demolishes the two of Governor and Ryan.

Well said but even I would have been surprised if Stewart and Sicily had made it over Ryan and Governor. Both had very below average seasons but Sicily version in 2023 and 2022 and Stewart’s 2020-22 season demolishes the two of Governor and Ryan.
I didn't say Stewart should have been in this year.

I'm saying that Stewart in the 2022 side caused an uproar but Ryan 2024 was 10x as melt worthy.

All of the players I mentioned influenced their sides fortunes more than Ryan and we're bigger threats to the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess we found out why the AA selectors passed on Sicily and Massimo
Both were tagged but... Bit harsh on Sicily? Playing with one shoulder half the year and still getting tagged in a final and still almost won the game himself....

Both were tagged but... Bit harsh on Sicily? Playing with one shoulder half the year and still getting tagged in a final and still almost won the game himself....
I thought Sicily was great. His last two shots barely missed, sometimes it's fine margins whether you're the match winner or not. He and Scrimshaw were the only defensive resistance in the first half too.

I thought Moore's final series was a bit disappointing.

All redundant anyway as AA selection isn't based on finals. The Cats who missed out certainly did replicate their stellar H&A form in the QF though.

I thought Sicily was great. His last two shots barely missed, sometimes it's fine margins whether you're the match winner or not. He and Scrimshaw were the only defensive resistance in the first half too.

I thought Moore's final series was a bit disappointing.

All redundant anyway as AA selection isn't based on finals. The Cats who missed out certainly did replicate their stellar H&A form in the QF though.
Yeah hopefully it lights a fire under a few of the boys to take into preseason.

Moore had moments with his pressure, but wasn't given the time and space he had in the H&A.

Yeah, Scrimshaw was great hopefully a few more people saw why I was campaigning for him.

Also regarding small forward, you don't need to worry young watto is going to have that spot 🔒 for the next 10 years 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back