Preview 2024 Round 16 Sydney v Fremantle (SCG) 1.45pm (AEST) Sat 29 June

Remove this Banner Ad

OT but went to Perth earlier this year from Sydney and goodness me you will be asleep by 9pm over there. The body clock never adjusts on a week long holiday. Can't imagine how the players are still running like mad at 11pm at night. Have a great appreciation for AFL players since then.

Haven't been to Europe yet but I can imagine it being so much worse on the body clock.

OT but went to Perth earlier this year from Sydney and goodness me you will be asleep by 9pm over there. The body clock never adjusts on a week long holiday. Can't imagine how the players are still running like mad at 11pm at night. Have a great appreciation for AFL players since then.

Haven't been to Europe yet but I can imagine it being so much worse.
We've made that trip 20+ times. Usually sleep a long night before leaving, arrive very much early morning and go to bed immediately after an early dinner and sleep 12 hours. Not too jet lagged then.
We find west to east more difficult and split the journey if possible. Most recently we travelled 23hrs (incl layover) from Baku to Sydney after no sleep beforehand. Slept for virtually 2 days afterwards. Horrendous.

I would say a few factors went into the Freo game last time
  • super inaccurate kicking for goal when they had momentum
  • Cam McCarthy passing the day before

I think the SCG may suit their game style and inside mids so we have to match it up with their clearance game.

Im hoping for a bit more assurance from Mccartin and Melican as they have both looked a bit iffy defending at times.

In saying that Our offensive system and ability to change the tempo will be even better on show if it’s dry which it looks like it will.

Should be a good game

I think the SCG may suit their game style and inside mids so we have to match it up with their clearance game.

Im hoping for a bit more assurance from Mccartin and Melican as they have both looked a bit iffy defending at times.

In saying that Our offensive system and ability to change the tempo will be even better on show if it’s dry which it looks like it will.

Should be a good game
Geelong: Smashed us in a GF. Big bodies. Didn't happen.
Adelaide: Always a close game. The guy that said no worries is captain. Didn't happen.
GWS:I was a bit worried before the GWS game. Greene always kicks 3 goals. Didn't happen.
Freo: I'm a bit worried again. Are we going to win it before we run out on the field?

Geelong: Smashed us in a GF. Big bodies. Didn't happen.
Adelaide: Always a close game. The guy that said no worries is captain. Didn't happen.
GWS:I was a bit worried before the GWS game. Greene always kicks 3 goals. Didn't happen.
Freo: I'm a bit worried again. Are we going to win it before we run out on the field?
The midfield battle is going to be interesting
Can freo keep up with the goals that Sydney will kick

Had a look through the Freo board earlier today and it was weird who their calls for replacing Pearce with were given that Cox shouldn't be returning for this weekend. Some calls for Voss a younger KPF to go back there. Other calls for Jackson to go back there (after only 1 stinker of a game on the weekend). Some of them said to go with just Davies and Draper and have Ryan actually defend which could be chaos for them ngl

Should be a good game
Big question for mine with Freo is can they kick a winning score against good teams when their opposition is in the contest too - I'm not convinced.

Outside of that shellacking of Melbourne (which constitutes somewhere approaching 10% of their total points scored in the season), they've only kicked 100 twice (103 v Richmond and 102 v North), and scored 75 or less in half their matches so far.

That isn't to say they can't rack up a good score, or aren't as you say potentially suited to the SCG in some aspects. And there were clear reasons why the first game wasn't anywhere near as lopsided as the score suggests.

But I still question that ability to score heavily enough - both against us (if we are anywhere approaching our best), and against the better sides when it matters later in the season.

Face it. The only thing that matters is how shit, on a scale of complete shit to ****ing shit, does Sam Wicks play and how much better Corey Warner would have been.

Swans by 9000 with Wicks amongst the worst player ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now....I want you to tell me how you really feel about Wicks....be honest
Honest?

Can't believe the level of worry about him. He is a limited player obviously going ok and will always be in the bottom 3 or 4 players in the side. He is literally playing as good as he can in a team of superstars alongside one of the greatest small forwards to ever pull on a Swans jumper and is judged way too harshly.

i think he goes ok. Just ok. I think he is absolutely just AFL level and is trying and busting his guts out each week.

In other words I like him and wish him all the best.

I am merely mocking the never ending sack Wicks stuff. Who cares? Him being in or out will not do a whole lot to the side.

Haven't been to Europe yet but I can imagine it being so much worse on the body clock.
They are like most young men. They are only getting started at that time.

Had a look through the Freo board earlier today and it was weird who their calls for replacing Pearce with were given that Cox shouldn't be returning for this weekend. Some calls for Voss a younger KPF to go back there. Other calls for Jackson to go back there (after only 1 stinker of a game on the weekend). Some of them said to go with just Davies and Draper and have Ryan actually defend which could be chaos for them ngl

Ummm… any chance we could borrow Hamling back for a few weeks ? Promise to return him soon….
Our 3 experienced tall defenders are now all out with long term injuries. We only have two 2024 debutantes left (1 game and 11 games played) hence some off the wall suggestions.
On saying that our defence is based more around a full team effort, not so much 1v1 brilliance (although Pierce was on track for possible AA selection).
Good luck for the rest of the season (not this game of course!) if we don’t win it I hope you guys do

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ha - oh The King! , who needs a court jester when we have you.

A Freo flag ….. truly one of your best zingers.

We need to at least feign some sort of worry about Freo.

Maybe I exaggerated but elite defence gives them a shot against anyone.

Ummm… any chance we could borrow Hamling back for a few weeks ? Promise to return him soon….
Our 3 experienced tall defenders are now all out with long term injuries. We only have two 2024 debutantes left (1 game and 11 games played) hence some off the wall suggestions.
On saying that our defence is based more around a full team effort, not so much 1v1 brilliance (although Pierce was on track for possible AA selection).
Good luck for the rest of the season (not this game of course!) if we don’t win it I hope you guys do

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Really desperate to want a key forward to play key defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back