Game Day 2024 Round 21 Port Adelaide v. Swans 3rd August @ Adelaide Oval 7:30 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he was cheap and they figured he'd be a good enough cover in case our whole defence went down with injury. Not sure why they turned him into a mediocre VFL forward, but I assume they have their reasons. Maybe they don't think he's good enough to play as a key defender anymore. Not sure what his fitness is like either. He has spent an awful long time on the sidelines.
I'm sick of hearing about him tbh. Pretty clear that he's past it. He was obviously a hail Mary absolute last ditched defensive depth get.

Francis imo is underrated. He can atleast read the game very very well. More than happy with his inclusion and don't think hamling would be anywhere near as good.

Port by 37 at quarter time.
Once again we will get jumped in the first quarter.
They will have 8 shots at goal minimum.
Then we'll attempt our usual come back to turn it into a closer contest.
I'm just not trusting our team in first quarters anymore until they can easily win them in consecutive weeks.
Not sure why Port away will be the day we do that.

Jesus christ we have some miserable bastard fans on here these days does my head in. Think some can't wait to lose and whinge

Hopefully bring the same energy when we win tonight

Once again we will get jumped in the first quarter.
They will have 8 shots at goal minimum.
Then we'll attempt our usual come back to turn it into a closer contest.
I'm just not trusting our team in first quarters anymore until they can easily win them in consecutive weeks.
Not sure why Port away will be the day we do that.
Law of averages says we surely kick the first goal this time around

Port are 7-4 at Adelaide Oval this season, including 4-3 at night. 3 of those wins were by under 2 goals. They didn't look great against the Tigers 2 weeks ago, before kicking away late.

Fwiw our long-term win record for night games at home vs top 8 teams is something like 19%

Not confident at all. We've lost our mojo and it can't just be about injuries. Paddles back will help, Parker needs to start, forward if need be. Need something to kickstart us in the first, can we get someones Mum in to give a rev up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last nighttime game we played was a win over the Giants. It always seems to be a theme that we play sluggish in a day game

So good to have a night game again and bet the boys agree!

Like most, not ultra confident considering last 5 weeks and our record v Port - but feel a statement game is a must RIGHT NOW! Tackle count to go ballistic with Rowy back leading the way. Recent close game against 'vocal local' crowd will hold us in good stead.

C'mon bloods...pleeeease show 'em all again why we're on top ! 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back