Game Day 2024 Round 24 Discussion - 🎉 Grand Final Week 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some late rescheduling of tomorrow matches may upset a few VC/ C setups

F*ck off I'm going to the Tigers game tomorrow but have to be back home by 6pm. With the 2.10pm start it was no problems now I'm stuffed :mad:

F*ck off I'm going to the Tigers game tomorrow but have to be back home by 6pm. With the 2.10pm start it was no problems now I'm stuffed :mad:
Just leave at HT when the Suns are 10 goals up

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

So this is my final team. Not the greatest, but I am pretty happy with it. Sheezel injuring himself last week, robbed me of being able to upgrade Grundy who has been poor the last few weeks. That, and the fact I have only one trade left, but no boosters left to be able to use it. I had to use the other two of my three remaining trades on injury cover. I am inside the top 25k for the first time in awhile, which I set as being my minimum goal each season. After being a few years well off the pace.

And unlike last season, I actually managed to complete my team, whilst having three strong rookies to keep cover across the main lines. Only had one donut all season, and that was during one of the bye weeks. Normally the byes destroy me. But this season I navigated the minefield quite well. Trading out Trac and Rankine after some average weeks as my sideways trades hurt initially when they hit form, but in the end they were the right call when injuries came knocking.

Trading out Heeney before the season started was the main guy I missed. So I had to cough up the cash to get him in. In my defence he burnt me four years in a row, so it was hard to buy into him.

Have made 8 league finals out of the max 10 you were allowed in. Including a private league that is a few years running. I face off with my long time nemesis in the final, who always scores at least 2400 each week from week one. And beats me in Preliminary Finals almost all of the time, by the smallest of margins.

It has been a good ride. And I hope most of you all end the season on a high. One more weekend, and then see you all again in a few months.

Final SC Team.jpg

Last edited:
So we get to watch the also rans tonight :)

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV
Behave.Impertinence like this would have been sternly punished in my day, you need diversity and inclusion training.
200w (13).gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back