Game Day 2024 Round 24 Discussion - 🎉 Grand Final Week 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2554 all out. Won every grand final I was in so that was awesome, really thought Jordan Clark would be solely responsible for me missing one.

Finished up on 2286, I got smashed in all 3 of my GFs by campaigners scoring over 2500 who didn't have two donuts like me.

Picking Butters as my captain instead of Naicos or Flanders didn't help either.

Time to focus now on my EPL dream team where I still have all my trades left and it's easier to pick a good captain like Haaland.

Beat me by 1, finished on 2285. Ran out of trades last week. Bad VC choice, one donut. Too many rookies covering players...
3WjV.gif

See ya next year ya sexy flogs :moustache:

who-me.gif

Beat me by 1, finished on 2285. Ran out of trades last week. Bad VC choice, one donut. Too many rookies covering players...
View attachment 2091703

If only I was up against you in one of my GFs, it would have been a low scoring thriller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2360. Don't think it'll be enough to maintain top 100 unfortunately. Copped sheezel, Houston, Curnow, Comben and Heeney. Wish I had traded sheezel over English, extra 100 points would be so handy right now. Had 2 donuts and Dowling to cover Heeney.

Thanks for the fun year and fun reads and melts.

Right down to having a last trade to use on Heeney late out, so it gets used on Daniels….. and not finding out he was a late out as well..

2905 for the weekly is just ridiculous. Thinking there’s too many trades and they need to be dialed back next year.
As well as fixing the capt loophole, too much of a crapshoot and nothing like a fantasy game should be run.

Take care.

Up a few to 8k 😎

Lost the GWS GF - in truth, any of the strategies I thought of would have won it for me apart from the ‘Neale at all costs’ one I did do - but I can’t complain, a top 10k finish I’m very happy with.

Thanks to everyone here for keeping it entertaining. I don’t contribute here much, but always good to see people’s ideas and help each other.

Now for English FPL!

Last edited:
Big end to the season for me. Very happy with myself for choosing to grab a 24th premo instead of chasing points on field several weeks ago. I was able to cover all outs over the last few weeks and launched myself into the top 1k.

1000011029.jpg

Thanks again to everybody for another good SC season. I've said it many times, but I'll say it again, SC is what it is because of you legends, without this community it would be boring and I wouldn't be playing. Congrats to all BF SCers who had good seasons, hope a few of you had PBs. Bad luck to all that didn't, this season was absolutely brutal at times, some (like myself) got lucky and avoided a lot of the late season carnage. Onwards and upwards in season 2025.

I really hope we get some rule changes, or additions, or perks, something.

Off SC, onto AFL: finals is going to be brilliant, it's wide open, lots of big matches ahead. Also the Brownlow will go down to the final round. I reckon we'll have a dual or triple winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back