Game Day 2024 Round 24 Discussion - 🎉 Grand Final Week 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1724591671962.png

The regression continues. 3k in 2021, 5k in 2022, 10k in 2023, 16k in 2024. Ugh.

giphy.gif

Grats to all GF winners and top ranked coaches.
Cheers to all you kents and campaigners for another fun year of bantz and lulz.

Now GAGF SC!

Al Bundy turn off SC.gif

Came up nearly 10,000 spots in the last couple of weeks. Won one of my GF’s. Wasn’t doing a lot different to the weeks I did badly. Luck plays such a part. VC and C choices are so important. Had a bad run for a few weeks. Mucked it all up. Suddenly got better in the last couple of rounds. Whoosh! Up the rankings.

Some lessons learnt for next year. Hope I remember them! But getting rid of players too early was one of them. Too much of using the Roughie tactic. More patience.

Thanks to Wayne’s World for all his work. And the good humour in here.

Well another year done and again made so many poor trade decisions during the year.
Won a couple of Bigfooty Finals which was a good way to end the season.

1724614807267.png

Very happy with my year overall, came home with a wet sail to finish inside the top 2k. Had a good run with injuries until the last round, my Sheezel to McGovern trade instead of Newman last weekend very costly in the end for ranking and cashie.

Big thanks to all who have contributed and all who help organise. Hoping to nail my starting team next year and not be playing catch up again.

IMG_9430.jpeg

Champ2,514 not too bad SC wise.

Thanks to all the guys in the Roobies Boobies league & BFLonelyKentsClub league - awesome league result guys.

Well done stevebbb - simply too good!

Apologies, I should have mentioned Sherman41 came home strong and won the Roobies Boobies league; amazingly 5th overall league from a bunch of BF regulars.

It was a tough league, I was nowhere near making the top 8!

Thanks to WaynesWorld19 for all his efforts & tireless work to keep the BF SC forum & leagues going 😍 :beercheers:

A disastrous Grand Final week ends in tears losing my Cash League and Home league. I only have my self to blame with some poor decisions in what has otherwise been a great year.

Last trade Houston to Wilkie 🤮 (over Roberts and Wanganeen-Milera) ❌

Rayner covered for Heeney but never again will I pick this impersonation of a footballer ❌

VC Xerri who scored okay but ultimately lead to me going around my normal captain options in Naicos, Flanders & Neale ❌

IMG_6154.jpeg

Did manage to crawl over the line in the Bigfooty Div 6 Granny ✅

Thanks for the year gents and everyone’s contributions along the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My best ever finish, climbed to a peak of 89th during the byes and managed to stay steady the rest of the season.

6CF9D632-4F82-4398-9A0C-177EEC273220.png

Houston to Short this week was a nice nostalgic end to the year I felt.

Thanks for all the fun along the way...
...and a genuine thank you to the usual Late Changes guys. You know who you are. Screenshot_20240826_095405_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240826_095459_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240826_095443_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Are the leagues stuck for anyone else?

I was trying to see how far down I finished in each but I just get continual spinning circle on both PC and mobile app.

Had a total mare in the last game of the year...
Fail Old Man GIF

Stewart inj, Humphrey inj , Henney zero fu Charlie my F7.
Didn't nail a VC/C score .
All my mid and forward cover inj.

Made finals in most of my leagues wasn't good enough to win anything.

Last year was 💩 show 47k low scores and inj after inj quiet a few in the first week I had them .

Wanted to do much better this year .....umm 6.5K...ok not great.

Happy the SC is over .

Franks to people Kent's who sort out the league's set leagues up and Kent's who invited me to leagues.
Very much appreciated 👍...and to all the scoops 🐶🍺.

Won't be rushing to play .......just rest up .

Dog Reaction GIF

Are the leagues stuck for anyone else?

I was trying to see how far down I finished in each but I just get continual spinning circle on both PC and mobile app.
Try again

Ended up ranking 1605. An ok year without many highs or lows, but lessons aplenty. Thanks to this community for making SC fun and engaging this year. I'm not a huge commenter in the forums, but loved the banter and taking part in the competitions organised here. Keep well and see you all next year!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Gross.

Faz and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad SC Season

A pass (top 10k) by the skin of my teeth. Bundled out in BF leagues early. Plagued by horrendous captaincy choices and jumping off the wrong ones (McKerchers, HYoungs, Fishers, Combens) jumping ON the wrong ones (too many to name).

Shameful. Lucky the coach has a lifetime contract. And at least I smashed the no-hopers in my work comp.

1724644441058.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back