Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 22, last 15th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 136 84.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Another 6 years at big, big money. That is a huge risk for any club and you'd have to think there's just as much chance of him getting back to where he was as there is of him either fading away or flaming out fast. I'd take a risk on the player if a top 30 draft pick wasn't involved but I wouldn't take a risk on almost $10M of salary cap. That has the potential to severely limit any possibility of quality free agents coming in over the next half a decade.

Another 6 years at big, big money. That is a huge risk for any club and you'd have to think there's just as much chance of him getting back to where he was as there is of him either fading away or flaming out fast. I'd take a risk on the player if a top 30 draft pick wasn't involved but I wouldn't take a risk on almost $10M of salary cap. That has the potential to severely limit any possibility of quality free agents coming in over the next half a decade.

You would make Melbourne pay some - he did miss most of pre season this year. Itā€™s an interesting situation. Very tempting given how good he has been.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

John Candy Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would make Melbourne pay some - he did miss most of pre season this year. Itā€™s an interesting situation. Very tempting given how good he has been.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The more they pay, the higher the draft pick. Push and pull there.

Every time I see these huge long term deals that are becoming the norm, I think back to Mark Mecuri. One of the best players in the game when he signed that - at the time unheard of - 5 year deal. Could barely get a kick halfway through it and retired after 5 years out of the side. No 'personal' issues, his football just fell away. It happens. Think we'll start to see more of that, clubs getting hamstrung with some of the long term deals going bad.

Just have a bad feeling that Neil Balme will end up at Port next year considering Hinkley likely gone end of season and maybe other personnel changes. His interview yesterday with Blight and Wildy he really praised them. Yes his Tigers are playing them this week but 0 questions put to him on the Crows. Lets hope its not the case, but if Port get him then the walls of the Adelaide Football Club need to be torn down.

Just have a bad feeling that Neil Balme will end up at Port next year considering Hinkley likely gone end of season and maybe other personnel changes. His interview yesterday with Blight and Wildy he really praised them. Yes his Tigers are playing them this week but 0 questions put to him on the Crows. Lets hope its not the case, but if Port get him then the walls of the Adelaide Football Club need to be torn down.
i can't see why Port would want Balme, thats not scoffing at Balme either.

But also, if Balme does come to Adelaide, I honestly don't think there will be any walls being torn down. I have a feeling my much will change outside him hopefully having my pull in getting coaches

The more they pay, the higher the draft pick. Push and pull there.

Every time I see these huge long term deals that are becoming the norm, I think back to Mark Mecuri. One of the best players in the game when he signed that - at the time unheard of - 5 year deal. Could barely get a kick halfway through it and retired after 5 years out of the side. No 'personal' issues, his football just fell away. It happens. Think we'll start to see more of that, clubs getting hamstrung with some of the long term deals going bad.

His brother committed suicide.

Why not. We have the money and he would be straight into our side. 850k now is like 700k under the old agreement
Yeah thatā€™s what itā€™d take to get FAs over the line these days. Article does mention heā€™d get more midfield time here

FWIW it also says heā€™s keen to stay at the Giants though, but the money might be too much to turn down

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 22, last 15th August)

Back