Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus man, if you can pull that off take Reidys job. 0% chance GC would accept IMO
It depends on what their salary cap looks like
Very similar to the Bowes trade, if they need points to match academy bids I'm sure we can send a bunch of 3rd or 4th rounders

Why won't they go after Battle? They have to trade for Barrass but they only need to offer a carload of cash for Battle and St Kilda would be most willing to let him go if they got pick 5 in this draft as compo (assuming they got pick 4 naturally).

The Hawks can absolutely get both this trade period
If they're offering a Barrass a heavy contract, then they're not going to splash 900k on another tall defender.

If they're offering a Barrass a heavy contract, then they're not going to splash 900k on another tall defender.
Well they probably could do with a couple, given Frost (who admittedly is in good form) is really their only playing genuine KPD right now

But yeah, getting just one makes sense. Barrass as a genuine pillar would be better for them, but is older and will cost them a good pick

Alex Neale-Bullen wants to return home to an SA club New

Can't get past the paywall, but sounds like ANB wants to come home. Will probably be worked into the Houston deal for the Power.

Luko wont give up $1m a year to come to us, so either we pay him $1m a year for 2 years or Suns pay part of his contract.

As I said, I would be happy to accept Luko and a 1st from them, we pay his entire contract.
Or we do a Geelong with Bowes & extend his contract to lower the average salary paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is in regards to Neal-Bullen. Seems he wants to come home to SA for family reasons.
Buggar... you beat me deleting the post.

Would be worth chasing as a handy player.

Regarding Luko … best case scenario for Gold Coast is he leaves. They need his salary off the books if they want to pursue proposed trade targets. So they need this trade to happen!
F2 gets it done! We take on his salary, free them up in the process to get Rioli, extend Andrew etc.
We are doing exactly what they need

Can't get past the paywall, but sounds like ANB wants to come home. Will probably be worked into the Houston deal for the Power.

"The Crows are understood to be aware of his desire to return to South Australia but have left the matter for Melbourne to work through. Port Adelaide are focused on securing free agents and retaining draft picks."

"On Lukosius, the wheels are in motion, with Crows coach Matthew Nicks and senior players travelling to Queensland to meet him."

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back