Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be annoying during this whole rebuild we haven’t saved draft capital and secured a free agent only to see Port secure 2 this trade period. FA you should be able to buy and we have a heap of cash

I'm not remotely worried about port, they've loaded up on their missing pieces the past few year so surely don't have much wiggle room?
Unless they lose Houston. You'd think Boak hangs around and Dixon retires but apart from that there's not much salary wise that's going to give them a war chest.

He was Never a diehard Pear fan. Source - M Phillipou.

In a pre draft interview he said that several of his close mates were Poort Pear diehards but he was more interested in the NBA. I am confident that he will make his decision based on where he can make the most MONEY. He would be the fourth string midfielder at Poort but probably our number 2 midfielder behind Dawson (with Rankine playing 50/50 midfield/forward).
FTFY ;)

Yeah all parties are being respectful so he can farewell Melbourne properly given he's being traded on compassionate grounds. Word will get out soon enough.

It's not always about getting elite talent. ANB is a very big upgrade on Murphy and also fills an age/experience void. We're going to need to find a new whipping boy because the current one will be playing SANFL next year.
We need a new whipping boy?

But we already have ROB, Crouch, Keays. How many more do we need? 🤣

Crows
Don't miss out on the headlines from Crows. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Adelaide is on the hunt for a new strength and conditioning coach, but it isn’t as a result of the Crows’ poor 2024.
The Crows have advertised online for a new strength and conditioning coach with high performance boss Darren Burgess posting on X that it was a “fantastic opportunity”.

Off-field changes are expected at West Lakes as a result of the Crows underwhelming season so far.

But this is not related to that, rather the Crows losing two members of their high performance team to rival code.

Adelaide Crows high performance boss Darren Burgess. Picture: Instagram
Adelaide Crows high performance boss Darren Burgess. Picture: Instagram
Strength and conditioning coach Sam Dodge has returned to the United Kingdom to work in rugby, while Jarryd Wallace has moved to the SACA.

In the online advertisement, the Crows say key responsibilities for the role include;

DEVELOPMENT and implementation of the club’s strength and power program,

DESIGN and maintenance of a best practice strength and power program optimising individual strength, speed, agility and power attributes of athletes,

ASSIST in the planning, design and implantation of rehabilitation programs to maximise player availability, and

ASSIST in cross-training conditioning during football training sessions and extra conditioning sessions.

** so not replacing Burgess but reporting to him

QUICK!!!!! Sumbody get on the fone to Birdman!! 🤪

I wont be too upset if we miss out on Luko, don't really want Bulleen.

Luko would be good, but not a need.

We need quality mids. This year we have had glimpses of how good we can be when break even in the middle and our forwards/backs perform. Like last weekend.

If our midfield can take the next step, we become a contender.

That is why we need to take the punt on Oliver. Get him here, where he wanted to be and hope his attitude changes.

It is also why we need to get Sid Draper. Not sure how, but get him.

Luko and certainly Bulleen don't propel us into contenders.

Quality mids, to enhance what we have with Sog/Rankine/Crouch/Curtin/Dawson do.

Brad Johnson reluctantly called his trade will be done last night on SEN.
Just said will be done late and didn’t name clubs.
Absolutely they will need cash now, don’t know how they pay them all.

Was in reply to CrowTownRoad re Caleb Daniel.

Brad Johnson reluctantly called his trade will be done last night on SEN.
Just said will be done late and didn’t name clubs.
Absolutely they will need cash now, don’t know how they pay them all.

Was in reply to CrowTownRoad re Caleb Daniel.
Twomey named Port as a possible club for him on Gettable

Twomey named Port as a possible club for him on Gettable
He won't go to Port because before he started his AFL career I told him that if he played for Port I'd never speak to him again. True story.

He laughed and agreed not to.

So there's that.

We don't need Caleb.

He won't go to Port because before he started his AFL career I told him that if he played for Port I'd never speak to him again. True story.

So there's that.

We don't need Caleb.
I think we could absolutely use another player with great foot skills. I wouldn't want to pay a lot for him but I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him.

Daniel is a no from me.

He's not the player he was in his prime. Plus we've already got Laird, Smith and Milera who we can't seem to get rid of.

We used a good pick on Oscar Ryan. Would rather invest games into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there's that.

We don't need Caleb.
Sounds more believable than some of the rubbish on here

wouldn’t be surprised if the trade die ANB is Ned plus round 3 pick

Ned should be looking for a new suitor, clubs like Melbourne, Saints and Essendon all need more pressure forwards

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why do people think anyone would trade for McHenry. We all openly admit he's not up to standard but another club would happily trade him in?

They'll likely be able to get him as a DFA soon anyway.

Is it safe to say? I don't think its all that safe to say.

Especially when a bloke named Alex Neal Bullen - publicly declares he wants to be traded back to Adelaide at the end of the year.

This is the exact thing I am talking about. ANB has said he wants to return to SA for family reasons. Now he talks with 2 clubs and negotiates the best deal for him before nominating his preferred club.
I actually think you both are right and explaining the same process - but at different stages - of a returning player to their home state.

Crowtownroad said Safe to say we’ve established that players don’t nominate states or cities to be traded to'' (ie they choose a preferred club to be traded to)

What he said ultimately ís what happens in every single case I can remember (but which is step 2).

But BEFORE that - step 1 - ANB / similar player will check out/shop around all available options (ie both SA clubs in this instance) before ultimately nominating a club (which is what you are saying)

Cal Twomey said on Gettable yesterday that Cumming is between GWS, and both SA clubs

Perryman is GWS, Port and Hawthorn
disappointing if we miss out on both GWS FA's. Surely we can match $ and tenure as much as any club (unless we think Perryman at 800k ish or whatever x 6/7 years is stupidity)
I'm not remotely worried about port, they've loaded up on their missing pieces the past few year so surely don't have much wiggle room?
Unless they lose Houston. You'd think Boak hangs around and Dixon retires but apart from that there's not much salary wise that's going to give them a war chest.
Boak turning 37 next year...assuming Power get 1-2 inbound trades / FA's, I cant imagine he goes around again but he has had a good year this year admittedly

Why do people think anyone would trade for McHenry. We all openly admit he's not up to standard but another club would happily trade him in?

They'll likely be able to get him as a DFA soon anyway.
Any list manager that would consider trading in McHenry should tender their resignation papers at the same time.

I refuse to get excited until I read the announcement but given he's out of contract and we haven't been playing him you'd hope that the penny has finally dropped and he will be delisted. At that point, as you said, he becomes a free pickup for any club that needs to fill their reserves side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back