Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

A big thank you to the following football clubs for generously donating to this incredible cause.

Essendon for Mr Massimo Dambrossio
Collingwood for Mr Jack Ginnivan
Fremantle for Mr Lloyd Meek
Gold Coast for Mr Jack Scrimshaw and Mr Mabior "Blade" Chol

Honourable mentions to

Port Adelaide for Mr Karl Amon and Mr Jarman Impey
Melbourne for Mr Sam Frost.

Your generosity is appreciated.

How are the bulldogs fans who were predicting an easy win going? I have the number of some therapists I can recommend.
Hopefully not the one Weightman saw to break the mental hold Hardwick has over him.

We really do play well against teams that have any kind of mental fragility. We just go harder for longer and those talented but mentally fragile teams like the Doggies just wilt.

Bodes well for Port next week, they are the ultimate talented but fragile team.

I'm thinking a Cats v Hawks GF is on the cards again which will be absolutely massive. That really would be a GF for the ages if it happens.

Seriously though, what a farkking team. 7 goals between our two first years in front of 98k and a prime time audience, what more can you ask for.

So many massive performances across the park tonight, but I just love the evenness of this side. Everyone played their role and the fact we did it without Day makes it all the more special. Onwards!

I have seen countless great wins from the Hawks, tonight might be my favourite non GF win ever. Never had more fun watching a team and felt more connected to a group of players.

I genuinely love them all and you can tell they all love each other and the club 😍❤️

2013 Prelim still number one but this is right up there simply because of the entire season.

Hardwick tonight solidified why he’s still my absolute favourite current Hawk. He had such a bloody good game - and he’ll rightly get overlooked by some absolutely brilliant performances/moments - but when the game was in the balance he was just dominating down back and providing some insanely good rebounding. 95% DE in a final too - dead set gun.
Best small defender in the game, couldn't care about the players that rack up high 20's disposals. Hardwick is never beaten.

Weightmans last 5 games on Hardwick. 27 Disposals 1 Goal ~ averaging a whopping 5.4 and .2 respectively.

Some dogs fans blaming umpires for a 37 point loss is the height of irony given how they beat us in 2016 and got their flag over the Swans.
Must be tough for them only just learning now that throwing the ball is against the rules. How come nobody told them earlier?

Libba was absolutely shocked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay, up to the 3rd qtr. if we kick straighter it’s nearly the best quarter I’ve seen. The pressure on the opponent is incredible
The hallmark of a team playing amazing footy is winning the ball hunting stats and winning the tackle and pressure stats. We rolled over them in everything in that third quarter.

Haven’t felt that pumped at the G since the 2015 GF. Atmosphere was sensational.

Reckon we outnumbered the Dogs fans 2 to 1. Such a sea of brown and gold, and when the vast majority of their fans emptied out their bays the ground was still 3/4s full.

Loved every minute of it.

Can’t wait for next Friday.

Petracca is on a million more than that at 1.7.

We absolutely need to pay our stars but if that is true, don't stop shopping with Barrass and battle.
No he's not, he also said the league leading salary is $1.5m which would be Ben McKay this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back