Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I was stoked with our seats.

Great view, looking forward to a wonderful game, buzzing with excitement - when the biggest bloke I've seen for quite sometime sat in front of me.....

big.jpg

:oops:

Luckily I think he realised and moved forward one row to an empty seat so the seat in front was clear - fair play to the fella!

I was stoked with our seats.

Great view, looking forward to a wonderful game, buzzing with excitement - when the biggest bloke I've seen for quite sometime sat in front of me.....

View attachment 2103730

:oops:

Luckily I think he realised and moved forward one row to an empty seat so the seat in front was clear - fair play to the fella!
There was an empty seat??

This had similar vibes to 2007 to me. Pure excitement
Yep, similar, but different too. Back then, much of the excitement centred around one bloke (and rightly so). Now, it's the pure evenness of the performance, and our form for most of this year, that is exciting me, and I expect others, the most.

Hardwick tonight solidified why he’s still my absolute favourite current Hawk. He had such a bloody good game - and he’ll rightly get overlooked by some absolutely brilliant performances/moments - but when the game was in the balance he was just dominating down back and providing some insanely good rebounding. 95% DE in a final too - dead set gun.
He is this team's Stratton with better disposal. Both criminally underrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition fans completely melting at Ginni and Watson, especially the Ginni drink celebration. The low hanging fruit was that it was "stolen" from Jezza Cameron, completely ignoring the subtext of the journos attacking him for going to the pub.

We're going to head**** opposition supporters for a long while and I love it.

Listening to Derm this morning on crunch time, he thinks we are system based not talent base compared to other teams, which could be worked out over summer by other teams.
I feel there is a crazy amount of "on paper" analysis from the media regarding Hawthorn's list for every game they play, considering Worpel, Nash and Newcombe regularly bully other midfields and our defense has only really been beaten by the top 2 in the Coleman since round 7.

It's great coaching but I think the talent is incredibly underrated fo whatever reason, MacDonald didn't make the 22 under 22, Watson and Dear didn't get a rising star vote between them, Weddle is among the 10 most exciting young talents in the league and isn't really talked about in that way, Ward and Mackenzie are both top 10 picks who only seem to be improving, the 23 year old who is seen as our biggest star by the media wasn't even playing, and we have the best small forwardline in the league.

Not to mention the talent that does get attention in Sicily, Moore and D'Ambrosio, Sicily being (imo) a top 10 player in the league when he's fully fit (as he showed last night).

It's been a common thought that Mitchell has done so well with a "mediocre list" and it is true that a turnaround this quick requires some incredible coaching, but there's every chance people are just vastly underrating the list.

I feel there is a crazy amount of "on paper" analysis from the media regarding Hawthorn's list for every game they play, considering Worpel, Nash and Newcombe regularly bully other midfields and our defense has only really been beaten by the top 2 in the Coleman since round 7.

It's great coaching but I think the talent is incredibly underrated fo whatever reason, MacDonald didn't make the 22 under 22, Watson and Dear didn't get a rising star vote between them, Weddle is among the 10 most exciting young talents in the league and isn't really talked about in that way, Ward and Mackenzie are both top 10 picks who only seem to be improving, the 23 year old who is seen as our biggest star by the media wasn't even playing, and we have the best small forwardline in the league.

Not to mention the talent that does get attention in Sicily, Moore and D'Ambrosio, Sicily being (imo) a top 10 player in the league when he's fully fit (as he showed last night).

It's been a common thought that Mitchell has done so well with a "mediocre list" and it is true that a turnaround this quick requires some incredible coaching, but there's every chance people are just vastly underrating the list.
The kind of evenness we're displaying (ie no true standout superstars) is often mistaken for a 'mediocre list' by people who have no idea what they're talking about, or are desperately searching for clicks and engagement online....

I love the fact that everyone is under rating our talent.
Whatever happens it's going to serve to motivate these guys going forward "ten year rebuilds" "no stars" "undersized" etc.

That was one of the best games I have been to in a long time, what a crowd and experience. I went home and watched the replay and the Sam Mitchell press conference.

It was a arm wrestle early but half way thru the second we controlled that game for the rest.

What a performance from the Skipper!
Big Meek, Nuke, Dear, C-Mac, Ward the list goes on. Totally shut down their inside 50 count and marking game, the back 6 was huge.

Awesome performance I thought a few guys were off early, which forced others to step up and they did. The pressure was elite the entire game.

A big thank you to the following football clubs for generously donating to this incredible cause.

Essendon for Mr Massimo Dambrossio
Collingwood for Mr Jack Ginnivan
Fremantle for Mr Lloyd Meek
Gold Coast for Mr Jack Scrimshaw and Mr Mabior "Blade" Chol

Honourable mentions to

Port Adelaide for Mr Karl Amon and Mr Jarman Impey
Melbourne for Mr Sam Frost.

Your generosity is appreciated.
great to see West Coast and St Kilda rally for the cause next year too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back