Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that stood out to me was that there was not one hint of argy bargy/aggro or anything in the crowd, even when there were some iffy frees (particularly in the first half). 98k and where I was- impeccably behaved. Kudos to everyone who attended from both teams, it was an amazing atmosphere.
We are a no frills club who do it by putting our shoulders to the wheel and out working our opposition. A champion team will always beat a team of champions. We are the most even side in this finals series and have a heap of improvement left in us.
We brutalised a team that's been brutalising teams for months. Our back six is immense. Our ruckman is imperious. And we get our best player back next week. Onward and upwards.
Go you bloody hawkers! šŸŸ¤šŸŸ”

F*CK YEAH! I love this club!!!!!

Watson and Calsher with 7 combined goals in their first year, first final! Great job to Sic in the backline, keeping them from scoring much even when they were playing better. That first qtr was questionable, but improved after that. If Chol could learn to mark or kick, we couldā€™ve won by 50+ easy. Newc MVP. So proud of everyone. Next, letā€™s head to Adelaide and get revenge on Port! Premiership here we come! Doing amazing, no one is stopping us now. Go Hawks!!! šŸ¤ŽšŸ’›šŸ†

images

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Needs Hardwick's ghost haunting him over the shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a game, went exactly how Iā€™d predicted (hoped) last week.

Josh Ward was our best centre bounce player tonight, massive step up for him. A 21yo playing possibly his best game in a final shows why the coaches rate him so highly. Just cracked in all night.

Adelaide oval is also big, weā€™re currently strong favourites.

What a story our season is.

I'm in a magnanimous mood (I'm a bad loser) and whatever Bevo's shortcomings are as a coach I respect him as a man and I like him too.

Watching his presser I feel for him.

He was part of our 3peat so I wish him the best going forward.

He's not a bullshitter after a loss like most of them.

Lewis is spot on about Bevo. He's the reason they lose a lot of their games, he's always got a trick or two, he always spins the magnets. Bontempelli had one of his worst games of the season because he was inexplicably at CHF when we were gutting them in the third. We deserved to win this game, but that it got so far out of their hands is completely on Bevo.
I was even too scared to say it out loud in case someone noticed. No Bont really helped us get a grip on the game. Dick move!

Loved the wizard hats. Whoever organized that take a bow.
Itā€™s fantastic isnā€™t it.
Even for a jaded old fogey like myself, now in my 40s, I still find it such good fun.
Weā€™re a fun team.
The Wiz even put one of his hats on for his Abbey interview. :D
Embrace it, these times donā€™t come around all that often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back