Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Finn was great again today. Just does an enormous amount of running and is so strong to stand up in tackles.

Used the ball pretty well too. Unlucky not to have scored two goals.

We didn't let them get going off half back, Finn was great, as was our pressure across the board.

Our team never let them play the way they wanted to, and the result was predictable.

Newcombe, Dear, Wiz, Scrimshaw, Sic and pretty much everyone was great!

Ward tearing out of the middle was unreal to see, as was Calsher and Wiz's dominance up forward!

Shades of the 2001 mail plane win in Adelaide in this buildup now... we did it then, we can do it with what is a much better side than that one!

A big thank you to the following football clubs for generously donating to this incredible cause.

Essendon for Mr Massimo Dambrossio
Collingwood for Mr Jack Ginnivan
Fremantle for Mr Lloyd Meek
Gold Coast for Mr Jack Scrimshaw and Mr Mabior "Blade" Chol

Honourable mentions to

Port Adelaide for Mr Karl Amon and Mr Jarman Impey
Melbourne for Mr Sam Frost.

Your generosity is appreciated.
Narr,fk em

Would love a link to listen to SEN’s coverage with Quarters, Crawf and Dipper? Was at the game so I didn’t get a chance to listen.
It will probably be shared via X sometime over the weekend like last time.

I didn’t think it was as good this time around. Crawf wasn’t really vibing Dipper, but also not sure he got the memo that the whole point was to be flagrantly pro-Hawthorn.

I hope they continue to do it but I reckon they need to get Dipper down on the boundary or unplug his mic for periods. Love his energy and occasional pearler comment, just in moderation.

Jack Fitzpatrick seems like a good former player to get involved in it. Funny and a Hawk nuff.

This is surely a dream. Don't wake me up.

We just brutalized the Dogs.
Relentless pressure
Players going to another level some in their first final.
Could not have asked for any more.

As for Newk, Mass, Wiz and Calsher my oh my.

Dream on Hawkers, dream on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already up watching the replay.. couldn't sleep.

I'm rapt for Wardy, I'm not sure if Frenchy automatically walks back into the side at his expense.

I've been really worried about our lack of depth.

And we saw a different side to Ginni's game, he did some really important clutch team things after half time that showed real grunt.

Sam Mitchell is a gun.

Well done Jeff!!

Roll on Hawkers

To be fair he got a lot right and port will fall next week. The wooden spoon reference was simply a genius reference to us mixing it with the best.
See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

Kudos to the entire playing group, in the 1st quarter the dogs were smothering or getting their hands to a lot of our handballs. Thereafter you could notice a shift in execution and I think there may have only been one thereafter.
I felt as the fatigue started to creep in (after maybe 40 minutes of playing time) we gradually found more space and were thus able play our game style.

The Dogs were very good at pressuring us early, make no mistake, but as you’d expect, that extra yard or two of space the game had in the second half was used far better by Hawthorn.

Expect the same next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back