Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite moment was when Ginni laced it out to Wiz without even glancing towards goal and then celebrated as if he'd scored a goal himself. Will Day would've felt ultra-proud in that moment!

I'm really looking forward to how Sam evolves our team and our gameplan over the next few years. We're fortunate to have been supporters of the greatest club of the modern era but the scary thing for other supporters - and some media analysts in particular - is that the best might be yet to come because we now have a bright, innovative young coach who appears to be a trajectory that might put him light years ahead of the rest in the not too distant future.

I'm an old fogey in my sixties with no social media profile other than the rather staid LinkedIn but my new favourite term is Hok Ball!

Wow wow wow. How much has this team grown before our eyes this season!? That was absolutely amazing grind down of the opposition under immense pressure to get the Hok Ball the boys wanted.

The boys looked so nervous in the 1st qtr, lots of fumbling and missed handballs.

MEEK - willed himself to control the footy and was huge all night.

CALSHER - wasn’t phased by the occasion at all - huge night by the kid!

Newk was so strong all night. Our back Six - started with Amon and then Scrim and Sis dominated the aerial contests. Just huge!

Thought Ward really stepped up when he went into the middle and played a huge tough contested game.

Massimo kept working hard and made good decisions from the get go.

Morrison - I was so off him in that first qtr, but I think he got a rocket at QTR time and just went hard after that and played a great game.

McDonald - just keeps working to right spots and made the most of slim opportunities which really helps us get on top. Uses the ball so well too, players look for him to dish off to.

Worpel a warrior again, does all the hardest stuff for his teammates.

Nash ! Hughes reason we win last night! Best game he’s ever played.

Thought Weddle and Chol didn’t handle the occasion and Moore struggled to get involved but they’ll all be better for this first final.

Good signs that we were down our best player and still won so convincingly!

Love the Hawks!

Simply Amazing. Gutted to be in the UK so jealous of those of you who were there but thrilled for you at the same time. I got to watch the last quarter with my 6 year old daughter her first live game as I just show her highlights otherwise. Teared up. My 2 great loves colliding. The pride and understanding that the best contribution I can make is now complete. My daughter is a brown and gold wizard!
A very similar experience with my little ones as well.Amazing feeling.

In these two clubs 100th season, showed the so called big 4 clubs how to put on a final.

Kudos to the dogs on a great season. By rights that shouldn’t have been elimination

I stand by winners on to GF

Oh and squiggle predictor is wild ‘ mid round’ but how does this sound?

View attachment 2103410
Yes, exactly what I thought .
Hopefully, it turns out like that.
Fingers and toes crossed

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dont need % in finals mate
Win by 1pt all i care

Really? That was outtake of the game? Sheesh
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Wow wow wow. How much has this team grown before our eyes this season!? That was absolutely amazing grind down of the opposition under immense pressure to get the Hok Ball the boys wanted.

The boys looked so nervous in the 1st qtr, lots of fumbling and missed handballs.

MEEK - willed himself to control the footy and was huge all night.

CALSHER - wasn’t phased by the occasion at all - huge night by the kid!

Newk was so strong all night. Our back Six - started with Amon and then Scrim and Sis dominated the aerial contests. Just huge!

Thought Ward really stepped up when he went into the middle and played a huge tough contested game.

Massimo kept working hard and made good decisions from the get go.

Morrison - I was so off him in that first qtr, but I think he got a rocket at QTR time and just went hard after that and played a great game.

McDonald - just keeps working to right spots and made the most of slim opportunities which really helps us get on top. Uses the ball so well too, players look for him to dish off to.

Worpel a warrior again, does all the hardest stuff for his teammates.

Nash ! Hughes reason we win last night! Best game he’s ever played.

Thought Weddle and Chol didn’t handle the occasion and Moore struggled to get involved but they’ll all be better for this first final.

Good signs that we were down our best player and still won so convincingly!

Love the Hawks!

Harsh on Weddle for mine. He was playing a key defensive role and did it well. Used the ball well when he got it provided some run without running himself into trouble. He allowed Sicily to float and influence the aerial contests.

Hopefully Moore will build in the second half where he got 11 touches and was getting the ball forward of centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentioned a few of our guys were ‘quiet’

But so were their opponents, who are quality players

Calsher again, should be called ‘the kid’ in reference to dermies debut final. Absolute natural.

Gunner and bruest coaching on the bench and in the pocket. We already have our stuey dew for 2024

Hawks certainly maximise the sub rule

Can't believe I use to get excited about Rick Ladson's goal celebration in the 08 GF... BORING

Got home at midnight from the MCG and couldn’t sleep until 2, was absolutely buzzing.
I sat down with the cheer squad as my media accreditation doesn’t carry over into finals and to be part of that crowd was bloody electric.
At least 60k Hawthorn supporters there which was tremendous.
I loved the way we outhunted and outworked the Dogs all night.
Meek was superb against English and just battered him.
Scrimma with his intercepting marks was epic.
Sicily refused to wilt in any contest, loved his tackle on JUH in the first.
Sam Frost made sure to body Darcy every opportunity he got.
Dimma owned Weightman again.
Mass, Karl and Jars just gave us so much run from the back as well as great ball use.
Josh Ward wasn’t overawed on the big stage.
Croc was prolific with his running, as was Weddle.
Finn had a great game - last quarter spoil running back with the ball was awesome.
HMo just so consistent in everything he does.
Ginnivan is a winner and you can see why Sam wanted him - knows what to do and brings others in.
Chol had an almost night but still was influential.
Sear and the Wiz announced themselves on the big stage! Both were huge!
Gunners absolutely selfless in his role but did it to the exact instruction from the coaches.
Worpel and Duke were just superb - crashed in and did everything needed. - both just continue to grow.
Nash did his job incredibly well - Bont not an influence on the game and as a second ruck Nash halved everything!!

I bloody love this club 🤎💛
Good point about Nash in the ruck contests. Weddle wasn't hacking it and we needed someone who could halve the contests. Nash's ruck skills have really improved. He seems to have the hang of it now and even wins a few.

Amon, Impey, Scrimshaw and Weddle off half back this year has set us up countless times. Not enough kudos given to Jars and Karl imo. Near flawless.

Love celebrating big wins just not the way Ginnivan did pretending to chug a drink. A slight criticism. Boy oh boy though what a win.

In plenty of peoples eyes; we could quite easily be going from their tip to finish last this season to their tip to win the whole thing next season

When you step back and view our rise this season it is simply out of this world

Couldn't be prouder of every single person out there in the brown & gold; players, coaches and staff

In plenty of peoples eyes; we could quite easily be going from their tip to finish last this season to their tip to win the whole thing next season

When you step back and view our rise this season it is simply out of this world

Couldn't be prouder of every single person out there in the brown & gold; players, coaches and staff

Only matched by the lions rise early 2000s

Hats off to this team, and even more so to their parents, coaches support crew, partners and everyone who has got them to this performance level in such a short period of time. There are some very special players in this Hawthorn team who are playing with immense amounts of skill, pride and heart.

There's even one lad who spends every year halfway around the world from his friends and family in Ireland and it's inspiring to see how they go about it.

That was a quality team Bulldogs team that was methodically put away.

Sam Mitchell, has managed to build himself a time machine. It seems like 8 years ago that we lost the two pre season games to this same, very impressive football club.

Amazing stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back