Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said this before about team selection and about coaches votes and awards and I will say it here again. It is not about the number of possessions you get but how effectively you can play a role for the club for the game. It's a team game. CJ comes in to fulfill a role which involves defensive and offensive running while helping the defense out in the air. Finn had a great game but what role did he play in that box hill game. A contested inside mid. Do we need that role at present in the AFL side?

If Finn comes in, he more than likely plays half forward or half back on a runner. This is where the issue lies. If there is a role for Finn say to play on Bailey Dale if we chose to go that way, then he stays in the side. It's about what the match committee and Sam think will win us this game.

Yes, Will Day is out Injured.
See this is where it comes back to common sense. We have played an entire season, and Will has been out injured for parts of it. Whenever Finn has come in, has he ever played inside mid? We are not going to bring someone new into the midfield that has never played there. Players that have gone in there include Frenchie and Moore. They are more likely to come in and pick up the slack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

e546fe1e2dd9eee6cf109ffc66e8d95a.jpg

Geez Finn would feel hard done by if he loses his spot to CJ after what we saw at Box Hill.

I really would be interested to know how the coaching panel are marking CJs output this year as by most conventional statistical measures he has had a big drop off from his prime 2021/2022 years.
If you’re looking for it on the stat sheet you won’t find it. With Mackenzie now out also I will be very surprised if he isn’t picked.

Hey everyone.

I have a ticket I'm willing to sell for the match this Friday. The ticket is in the MCC section, the seat itself isn't great (it's level 4 basically at the back). However, you can use the ticket to go to the Standing area at level 1 for a better view. If you're interested, send me a direct message and I'll be happy to go over the details with you.

Just as a FYI I'm not selling the ticket for profit, I'm just looking to get back the money I paid for it.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back