Game Day 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO WELL LADS, LETS FINISH THEM OFF
The Boys Butcher GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Main nerves coming from not having Frost. He's been a pillar all season so to have to see how we go without him will be interesting, we haven't trialled barely any games without him there. Also Sicily was just starting to dominate again and play that amazing football as a roaming defender, so hopefully we can find a formation that allows him to be at his best. I have a feeling Weddle holds the key to our chances this game and for the premiership as he can play a bit taller, has the pace, and strength. He can't manage a Hogan yet, but he can manage the 'just make a contest' guys and the mobile talls. I'd be up for making him more defensive if that allowed Sicily to keep playing more attacking football.

History is against us, teams who get smashed in the Qualifying final have a 11-0 record the next week

LETS MAKE HISTORY, GO HAWKS!

#Hokball
This just isn't true. Unless you have a tiny window in which the word smashed is defined.

After Port’s last performance and with us having a number of kids gotta feeling that they are going to try to physically intimidate us tonight to throw us off our game. Frost will be missed here absorbing the aggro we still have got some brutes particularly in the middle but everyone needs to keep the focus and not get sucked in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

History is against us, teams who get smashed in the Qualifying final have a 11-0 record the next week

LETS MAKE HISTORY, GO HAWKS!

#Hokball
All those teams were Away teams getting smashed on the road and then putting on a clinic back home.

+ those seasons had clear Top 4 with few clubs sneaking into 8.

This is a struggling home team with fans frothing to lynch Ken and a season like no other.

Hawks to beat the Cats performance to set bar on who flag favorites

We've been the underdogs all season, so it will be interesting to see how we respond now that we are heading into this final as the favourite.

The other thing to note is that Port had a double chance last week, so when Geelong started blowing them away it was easier for them to ease up and accept defeat. This elimination final means that Port will throw everything they have at us, down to the last second.

In saying that, I feel that we will run them off their feet in the second half. HokBall to prevail by 41 points.

good time to just mention - who in their right mind could possibly have imagined that we would be going in to an interstate semi final vs PA as raging favourites , while missing our FF, FB x 2 and arguably our best player in Day...less than 12 months after finishing 3rd last on the ladder.....

it is nuts

win or lose, so proud of this squad....in Sam we trust - lets f'ing go!

Spewing I am not heading over for this.

Just like last week, I have no reason to doubt us. Our football is good enough to match anyone at the moment, and I see no reason why that doesn't continue tonight.

Shut them out early and don't give them a sniff.

Recon JHF is a concern. he killed us last time, hopefully we put some time into him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back