Game Day 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have taken the day off work.
Well sort of because I can hardly walk as I have got Gout in my left big toe/Foot, talk about ****ing painful.

I am on steroids and the missus has already lectured me about drinking tonight but I simply can’t watch without a few beers to take the edge off.

If the boys get up I am going to celebrate big time by trying to actually get my shoe on, without crying in pain. 😂

Well sort of because I can hardly walk as I have got Gout in my left big toe/Foot, talk about ****ing painful.

I am on steroids and the missus has already lectured me about drinking tonight but I simply can’t watch without a few beers to take the edge off.

If the boys get up I am going to celebrate big time by trying to actually get my shoe on, without crying in pain. 😂
Get some indocid...

Spewing I am not heading over for this.

Just like last week, I have no reason to doubt us. Our football is good enough to match anyone at the moment, and I see no reason why that doesn't continue tonight.

Shut them out early and don't give them a sniff.

Recon JHF is a concern. he killed us last time, hopefully we put some time into him.

You reckon he's a job for Nashy?

Sure it’s not shingles?

Indocid is an antiarthritic drug that just completely clears gout in a couple of doses. One of my PhD students was working on copper derivatives of indocid to see if copper enhances its efficacy. (people wearing copper bracelets in the past have reported getting relief in arthritic wrists. But in terms of treating gout, it works wonders.

Brooost 300th game, Morey 100th game, plus we're sh_t hot
hulk smash GIF

We've been the underdogs all season, so it will be interesting to see how we respond now that we are heading into this final as the favourite.

The other thing to note is that Port had a double chance last week, so when Geelong started blowing them away it was easier for them to ease up and accept defeat. This elimination final means that Port will throw everything they have at us, down to the last second.

In saying that, I feel that we will run them off their feet in the second half. HokBall to prevail by 41 points.
We've had quite a few games this year where we were favourites - and won pretty much all of them!

Go Hawks!

EDIT: I'm struggling to think of any games we lost as favourites. Maybe the more recent Giants one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do, we need to make him accountable.
Often he drifts forward and even goes behind the ball in time of need. So its important to clamp down on his influence.
We're not going to run a tag on JHF. Every week posters stress out about a single player, every week we don't a run a tag and just continue our contested, high pressure footy.

In the last quarter in our loss when Port made their come back, JHF had 4 disposals, 0 score involvements.

Last time we played Port and they had their monumental comeback, we had 9 players register 1 disposal or fewer in the last quarter. We had 11, or half the 22, record 2 or fewer.

Give it a 4 quarter effort and we've got this.

Tipping our half backs are going to have a big say running off their overly tall forwardline. Impey in particular.

Moore and Chol to respond from their quiet games last week.

Another bag for the Wiz.

Hawks by 70+

We're not going to run a tag on JHF. Every week posters stress out about a single player, every week we don't a run a tag and just continue our contested, high pressure footy.

In the last quarter in our loss when Port made their come back, JHF had 4 disposals, 0 score involvements.
Spot on even with Finn in the side recently he hasn’t put on a close tag once from what I remember

I reckon Duke will get a lot of attention today so I'm predicting Worps and Wardy to crack in. Might move Duke forward in patches - 3 goals would be nice.

If any of their talls are playing sore or carrying something it'll backfire badly.

I'm always bloody nervous before a final and will basically procrastinate and do jack shit work all day wheeee

Am I over thinking it, or has the club ramped up its social media use showing how much interaction goes on between the players on their social media and around the club

Another “nothing to see here”

Gameday!!! Bruesty 300th what a script!

Redemption game! We are the side that should have finished 2nd, we will correct it tonight!

Let's go boys it all starts in the middle.
Meek,Nuke,Worps,Nash,Ward we are strong in the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back