Game Day 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be Roos' dumbest ever comment. Outside of JHF, Butters, and Georgiades they are completely talentless. They're lucky to be even playing this weekend and finals at all. In their last 6 weeks they just scraped past a severely undermanned carlton, richmond (10 pts at 3 qtr time), melbourne by 2 pts, only beat adelaide because they took out rankine, and beat a vfl swans side.

Hawks by 100

Rozee has more talent in his pinky toe than 99% of players in the AFL. If only he wasn't such a peaheart.

4:40 pm start time here in Thailand, the closest sports bar is about 5 minutes walk from home.

There's a cute waitress I've got my eye on, she knows nothing about AFL so my challenge will be to convince her to become our newest fan. The game plan is I'll buy her a drink at the end of every quarter if we're in front, so y'all better be cheering for a strong performance!

It could get messy!

similar to the dogs of 16 and tigers of 17 I feel we get stronger as the game rolls on.

weather the early storm from the power, get a foothold in the game and find our rhythm. We will finish the game strong.

Rozee has more talent in his pinky toe than 99% of players in the AFL. If only he wasn't such a peaheart.

There’s half a dozen underrated Hawks players that are more talented than Rozee let alone the whole league. Most overhyped player on Ports list. Doesn’t even come close to JHF.
Have a bex and a lie down before tonight’s game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

these nerves. this pressure.

Is a privilege.

would much rather chewing nails & heart palps than bottom 4.

Let's go!!
Yes 100%, always coupled with a confidence that we will bring our best but nothing assumed till the fat lady sings.
And you are so right it is a privilege, we have the best foot club by an infinite country mile.

Just a slight difference in these 2 things
but what if an SEN employee called it in?

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Roos has massively underrated the depth of talent the Hawks have across the entire side.

We definitely have a system that makes it harder for other sides to counter, but the system also depends on players that can execute the system and also the abilities to perform at high levels within that system.

Hopefully Roos will have a first hand look at the Hawks all going well tonight!

Go Hawks!! NO LIMITS...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roos has no idea! So many of our players are so much more talented than the Media (most of them would hardly have watched us this home and away season) give them credit for. Port have 4 genuine A graders. One of them is not playing, one is injured, one is out of form and soft and the other is inconsistently brilliant.

Roos has massively underrated the depth of talent the Hawks have across the entire side.

We definitely have a system that makes it harder for other sides to counter, but the system also depends on players that can execute the system and also the abilities to perform at high levels within that system.

Hopefully Roos will have a first hand look at the Hawks all going well tonight!

Go Hawks!! NO LIMITS...
Could of just gone with Roos is a massive fwit and left it at that. :laughv1:

Paul Roos - "Port have got way more talent than Hawthorn, but Hawthorns system is way better than Ports. So this is a talent game versus a system game".

:think:
For a long time I've tried to figure out what determines talent in the eyes of the media talking heads. I settled on it being either players taken high in the draft, irrespective of their output, and players way past their prime constantly being considered as still in their prime.

Just on a very basic level, we'll go by Champion Data player ratings for players in the game tonight, Hawks have 4 of the top 5 players.

Roos has no idea! So many of our players are so much more talented than the Media (most of them would hardly have watched us this home and away season) give them credit for. Port have 4 genuine A graders. One of them is not playing, one is injured, one is out of form and soft and the other is inconsistently brilliant.
It’s the stupidity of people who look only at absolute top end as ‘talent’. Port have 3 top end midfield stars. One real superstar in Butters. That doesn’t make them a highly talented team. We have depth of talent across the team

For a long time I've tried to figure out what determines talent in the eyes of the media talking heads. I settled on it being either players taken high in the draft, irrespective of their output, and players way past their prime constantly being considered as still in their prime.

Just on a very basic level, we'll go by Champion Data player ratings for players in the game tonight, Hawks have 4 of the top 5 players.
perception of talent can also be very role-biased - like a decent small forward will often stand out as more 'talented' than a super-talented defender, just becuase they are more 'flashy'

How high is the anticipation! Anyone have their arvo/evening all mapped out up to the start of the match?
An hour out from adelaide.
Early depart, but getting pumped and nervous same time.
We got this…..

Reckon every third car has a hawks scarf hanging out the window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back