Game Day 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mick Malthouse in the Age canning Ginnivan....."I'd give him a clip." The photo looked like they had propped him up in his retirement village bed.

Look i know the whole country is bored waiting for the game to start but please Mr Age, surely you can dig up someone more relevant to football this century? :think:

This whole scenario has just given me so much faith in Sam as a coach. All these 'old school' flogs want to go horsewhip a player because he typed something on the socials - Sam sees it and is like 'yeah that's how young blokes talk to each other now - no biggie'. The old days of just yelling at shit you don't understand might work when you are listening along to 3AW having your views reaffirmed but it's not how you operate a footy club now.

malcom tucker GIF

Mick Malthouse in the Age canning Ginnivan....."I'd give him a clip." The photo looked like they had propped him up in his retirement village bed.

Look i know the whole country is bored waiting for the game to start but please Mr Age, surely you can dig up someone more relevant to football this century? :think:
So desperate to find someone to shit on Ginni they are calling up blokes like Roos and Malthouse who haven't been involved in the game for years.

Roos is a fraud. Always has been.

Roos is another student of the only thing that matters is contested ball - this current Hawks team would annihilate his game plan.
For a bloke who won 44.8% of the games he played and 51.2% of the games he coached, his opinions are held in far higher esteem than they should be.

Butters wouldn't melt in our mouths.......
Butters is the funniest character on South Park......
Butters is the colonoscopy's doctor's nickname......
Butters won't be playing tonight......

WHICH IS IT ????????

Nash and co will be slicing butters with a hot knife?

You should hear him on ABC radio. It's old man waffling. It's actually a bit embarrassing. I'm amazed he's still employed to offer special comments.

He is the most arrogant flog in the game. He leans so hard into this bullshit reputation he has undeservingly obtained in the game and has run so hard with it he could probably take down Usain Bolt over 100m. All of this off the back of a single, solitary flag across 608 games played/coached and yet he gets treated as though he is some kind of footballing guru.

On top of this - after the 2013 grand final he was on some panel show and said Brian Lake didn't deserve the Norm Smith medal off the back of his kid's assessment of the game and said Lake wasn't even in the top 5 players on the ground that day. That really irked me because anyone with functioning eyes could see Lake was brilliant that day and basically saved Freo from building on their constant drives forward in the 4th quarter. For Roos to shit on a performance like that off the back of his 13 year old kid's assessment was absurdly disrespectful I felt.

In summary - he's an arrogant campaigner and unlike the AFL collective media, I have little respect for his opinions.
Fair enough - he was/is a terrible, pompous, over-rated coach and media analyst who reckons the sun shines out of his you-know-what.

Look, I’m not trying to defend Roos - just reckon the terms you used to describe him were a bit harsh, even with the context you’ve since provided.

Just my 2c’s worth, which is neither here nor there.

Move on!

Let’s get back to discussing how Hokball is going to confound Ken (but not Kane) and captivate the nation - and perhaps even a bartender or two in Thailand - on prime time TV tonight…

For a long time I've tried to figure out what determines talent in the eyes of the media talking heads. I settled on it being either players taken high in the draft, irrespective of their output, and players way past their prime constantly being considered as still in their prime.

Just on a very basic level, we'll go by Champion Data player ratings for players in the game tonight, Hawks have 4 of the top 5 players.
A lot of the media wouldn’t have actually watched a lot of Hawthorn until the last few months.

It’s been pretty entertaining listening to some of the more prominent names finally notice that Newcombe is every bit an elite mid of the comp. Only took a record breaking finals performance to turn their heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malthouse going the way of Sheedy pretty swiftly these days …

My mailman just heard from Ken's new career counsellor that he will drop half the team so he has a strong excuse after the Hawks destroy his boys by 11 goals.

Wait shit hang on, thread title says 7.10, gave me a minor shock til I realised that's Adelaide time lol

I made that mistake once when sitting in the airport when my phone had updated to Adelaide time but my laptop hadn't. Was a needless panic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back