Game Day 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY NERVES ARE KICKING IN
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
tom hardy film GIF

Between his tips and the defensive comments about Ginni I wonder if he and Sam have had a bit of a reconciliation of sorts. He seems to be letting go of the hatchet towards our club of late.

Could be all the winning we are doing also, the love of the club is slowly coming back as most of the people that were at the club when he was there have gone. haven't they.

these nerves. this pressure.

Is a privilege.

would much rather chewing nails & heart palps than bottom 4.

Let's go!!
It's my day off so last couple of hours I've been looking at a replay of last week's final to deal with the nerves! Great fun. I've also gone for the cooking approach. Have changed my original plan of steaks to roast beef and have just made - for only the second time in my life - Yorkshire pudding batter! :tearsofjoy:

GO HAWKS!!!! 🤎💛

He is the most arrogant flog in the game. He leans so hard into this bullshit reputation he has undeservingly obtained in the game and has run so hard with it he could probably take down Usain Bolt over 100m. All of this off the back of a single, solitary flag across 608 games played/coached and yet he gets treated as though he is some kind of footballing guru.

On top of this - after the 2013 grand final he was on some panel show and said Brian Lake didn't deserve the Norm Smith medal off the back of his kid's assessment of the game and said Lake wasn't even in the top 5 players on the ground that day. That really irked me because anyone with functioning eyes could see Lake was brilliant that day and basically saved Freo from building on their constant drives forward in the 4th quarter. For Roos to shit on a performance like that off the back of his 13 year old kid's assessment was absurdly disrespectful I felt.

In summary - he's an arrogant campaigner and unlike the AFL collective media, I have little respect for his opinions.
There are shitter blokes in footy but there is no greater fraud. His entire reputation is a work of fiction

Has been a long drive, but pumped to be here for the game. Any pub recommendations?
Outside at the Exeter / Austral on Rundle street is great for a sunny Friday afternoon.

A bit closer to the ground is the district at SkyCity or the Strathmore. Not that common with locals but good pre-footy.

If in North Adelaide you can't go wrong with the Queens Head, the Cathedral or the Lion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see the perecentage of Hawthorn crowd. If we can get a 30% split that would be a decent effort ie what the doggies had at last weeks game

Just walking around the ground and local pubs you would think we have a home crowd at the moment we are everywhere. I expect that may change when port fans roll out of work in the next 20 mins 😂

Just walking around the ground and local pubs you would think we have a home crowd at the moment we are everywhere. I expect that may change when port fans roll out of work in the next 20 mins 😂

Maybe all the Port fans are getting their tooth cleaned at the Dentist, or burning effigies of Ken? I just find hard to imagine that they would work…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back