State of Origin 2024 State Of Origin | Vic Country Team Thread

Which Town/City should host the Vic Country Team in Series XIX?

• Boolite (Wimmera)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pimpinio (Wimmera)

• Rich Avon (Wimmera)

• Nertherby (Wimmera)

• Glenorchy (Wimmera)

• Rupanyup (Wimmera)

• Deakin Reserve, Shepparton (Gouldburn)

• Cobram (Gouldburn)

• Katamatite ( Gouldburn)

• Hexham (Great South Coast)

• Melville Oval, Hamilton (Great South Coast)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

AxjzGBN.png

Good evening Counts!

It's that time of year again when you forget all your friends and turn them into enemies in the name of state pride! That's right the 2024 State of Origin is nearly upon us and as if it's 2007 again, I've been tasked with co-leading the best state side in the competition. This year both myself and FootyGuy13 will be co-captains and we're certain that we'll win the lot have fun along the way!

VIC COUNTRY JUMPERS

S8L2qkH.png

VIC COUNTRY TEAM LIST

I've copied this from last year. If you want a number let me know. If you're no longer around/interested would be sweet to know that too. I know a few on this list have taken leave of absences (which is great, I am expert level at that). We'll obviously be selecting the 20 most active players :)

PLAYER LIST
000 - Jabba73
2 - Robertio
7 - Pie 4 Life
9 - cats_09
10 - tigland
11 - Pamcake1

13 - FootyGuy13
21 - ClarkeM
22 - Mobbs
22.1 - Pickitt
23 - haydo

37 - GotTheGoodes
41 - Headless
41.5 - Supersuns
44 - royboy2

45 - ant555
46 - AnUltimateRessie
63 - cats2rise
69 - Tigerturbulance
77 - Ocha905
225 - croweater 41
420 - TheGoatBaron
Frothies Mcveigh
SpecialBruce
Wosh (EMG but posting more than the below)

Need to hear from if they are to play:

4 -
A Swallow
18 - manangatang
34 - Elton Johns Wig
42 - brahj
TBC - Broken
TBC - BallaratBulldog
119 - Knifey Spoony

HOMEGROUNDS

If you are familiar with Vic Country, we always look for nominations for grounds to host our unworthy opponents. FootyGuy13 had a great idea and nominated Fish Creek (after the clubrooms burnt down) and I agree with that being one of the venues. So we need to vote for at least one other, with a backup for when we inevitably destroy the competition and make the final.

FIXTURES

Round 1 Wednesday, 26 June - Sunday, 30 June

Western Australia vs Vic Country

Round 2 Friday, Monday, 1 July - Wednesday, 3 July
Vic Metro vs Vic Country

Round 3 Friday, 5 July - Sunday, 7 July
Vic Country vs South Australia @ Halls Gap

Round 4 Monday, 8 July - Wednesday, 10 July
Vic Country vs Allies @ Fish Creek

Round 5 Friday, 12 July - Sunday, 14 July
Bye: Vic Country

Grand Final Monday, 15 July - Sunday, 21 July
1st vs 2nd - TBA

Looking forward to a big carnival everyone!

Last edited:

I'm sure you'll have the list of past venues we've used. One that we haven't been to, or our least visited region might be nice.
I don't have a list of past venues :( I can't even guarantee I've not suggested Boolite before!

Hmm least visited region. Probably haven't been to the Mallee before?

AxjzGBN.png

Good evening Counts!

It's that time of year again when you forget all your friends and turn them into enemies in the name of state pride! That's right the 2024 State of Origin is nearly upon us and as if it's 2007 again, I've been tasked with co-leading the best state side in the competition. This year both myself and FootyGuy13 will be co-captains and we're certain that we'll win the lot have fun along the way!

VIC COUNTRY JUMPERS

S8L2qkH.png

VIC COUNTRY TEAM LIST

I've copied this from last year. If you want a number let me know. If you're no longer around/interested would be sweet to know that too. I know a few on this list have taken leave of absences (which is great, I am expert level at that). We'll obviously be selecting the 20 most active players :)

PLAYER NUMBERS
2 - Robertio
4 - A Swallow
7 - Pie 4 Life
13 - FootyGuy13
18 - manangatang
21 - ClarkeM
22 - Mobbs
22.1- Pickitt
34 - Elton Johns Wig
37 - GotTheGoodes
42 - brahj
69 - Tigerturbulance
225 - croweater 41
TBC - Broken
TBC - BallaratBulldog
TBC - Jabba73
TBC - Headless
AnUltimateRessie
Frothies Mcveigh
Ocha905

Didn't play last year, are still on the forum, but on the list:

10 - tigland
23 - haydo
45 - ant555
119 - Knifey Spoony
* - DERO
TBC - royboy2
TBC - Supersuns
TBC - Callums_Guns

HOMEGROUNDS

If you are familiar with Vic Country, we always look for nominations for grounds to host our unworthy opponents. FootyGuy13 had a great idea and nominated Fish Creek (after the clubrooms burnt down) and I agree with that being one of the venues. So we need to vote for at least one other, with a backup for when we inevitably destroy the competition and make the final.

FIXTURES

Round 1 Wednesday, 26 June - Sunday, 30 June

Western Australia vs Vic Country

Round 2 Friday, Monday, 1 July - Wednesday, 3 July
Vic Metro vs Vic Country

Round 3 Friday, 5 July - Sunday, 7 July
Vic Country vs South Australia

Round 4 Monday, 8 July - Wednesday, 10 July
Vic Country vs Allies

Round 5 Friday, 12 July - Sunday, 14 July
Bye: Vic Country

Grand Final Monday, 15 July - Sunday, 21 July
1st vs 2nd - TBA

Looking forward to a big carnival everyone!
Check out MunroJumpers on Instagram. He's been doing some cool videos looking up old clubs from regional Vic (mostly Western).

I vote our home game against SA to be at Serviceton Recreation Reserve. Serviceton is also the town that Victoria stole from South Australia after the border was misaligned and despite a dispute, we won the territory. Ever wondered why the border up north does this:
img_2825.jpg

It's because we ****ing STOLE IT FROM SA THE FILTHY CROWEATERS!

Check out MunroJumpers on Instagram. He's been doing some cool videos looking up old clubs from regional Vic (mostly Western).

I vote our home game against SA to be at Serviceton Recreation Reserve. Serviceton is also the town that Victoria stole from South Australia after the border was misaligned and despite a dispute, we won the territory. Ever wondered why the border up north does this:
img_2825.jpg

I went to Serviceton once. It’s uh an interesting place. Very eerie but perfect for this scenario.

I went to Serviceton once. It’s uh an interesting place. Very eerie but perfect for this scenario.
Did you check out the jail underneath the railway station?

I've never been, just seen videos on it.

I'm sure you'll have the list of past venues we've used. One that we haven't been to, or our least visited region might be nice.
I have this, will update you tomorrow.
Hmm least visited region. Probably haven't been to the Mallee before?
I can assure you now that we have visited the town of manangatang many a time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you check out the jail underneath the railway station?

I've never been, just seen videos on it.
It was closed but did check out the railway station platform. The town’s street facing it seemed like one of those places where you feel you have eyes on you. Like cars in driveways but no noise (and this was middle of the day) haha

img_2825.jpg

MunroJumpers was a bit of a rap for my footy clubs map :D

Back