State of Origin 2024 State Of Origin | Vic Country Team Thread

Which Town/City should host the Vic Country Team in Series XIX?

• Boolite (Wimmera)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pimpinio (Wimmera)

• Rich Avon (Wimmera)

• Nertherby (Wimmera)

• Glenorchy (Wimmera)

• Rupanyup (Wimmera)

• Deakin Reserve, Shepparton (Gouldburn)

• Cobram (Gouldburn)

• Katamatite ( Gouldburn)

• Hexham (Great South Coast)

• Melville Oval, Hamilton (Great South Coast)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

teammates yet again Pamcake1
cat good job GIF

How about the Ararat Rats from the Wimmera League, looks a great old country ground

View attachment 2017618
Watched Collingwood play South Melbourne in a praccy there once. I like searching for grounds which no longer host a club irl. My argument against it is that it's still in use. But that's just my own opinion.

Theres a couple of grounds in the Otways which are (shit) grounds that we could host at but its hard to actually get images

Gellibrand Recreation Reserve (home of Otway Districts)
Forrest Recreation Reserve (former home of Forrest)

or if we are looking for one in the Shepparton area and an actual decent ground (probably) Deakin Reserve has hosted AFL matches in the past. Shep United currently play there.

Taken from the gaol side... And no thanks. Absolute mud trap that oval. At least it's close to the Maccas, somewhat.
The Maccas is where the turn is from where the backstreet was converted into an in-town bypass yeah? I remember when that road was a side lane and the main road still led you to the main streets!

Theres a couple of grounds in the Otways which are (shit) grounds that we could host at but its hard to actually get images

or if we are looking for one in the Shepparton area and an actual decent ground (probably) Deakin Reserve has hosted AFL matches in the past. Shep United currently play there.
otwaydistrict2.jpg

The Maccas is where the turn is from where the backstreet was converted into an in-town bypass yeah? I remember when that road was a side lane and the main road still led you to the main streets!
Yes, but I'm not that OLD!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok not too old then :D

I thought of also asking if you played in the Burrumbeet FA, or the Learmonth FA, or the Ripon FA, or maybe even the Beaufort FA v Warrak, Bunagor & Waterloo in 1912 hehe ;)

Ok not too old then :D

I thought of also asking if you played in the Burrumbeet FA, or the Learmonth FA, or the Ripon FA, or maybe even the Beaufort FA v Warrak, Bunagor & Waterloo in 1912 hehe ;)
Clunes footy club was established in 1886 wasn't there for that before you ask and didn't run out with the late Bobby Davis 😂

Had the misfortune of watching a game out at Alvie last year, genuinely the most bizarre shape ground I’ve ever seen.

I had a kick there a few times, Hamilton and Hamilton Imperials with the Imperials gone now.
its a shame they went to one team, the rivalry between the pies and imps was great

City/TownSeriesArea
GeelongVIBarwon
GeelongVIIBarwon
GeelongVIIBarwon
GeelongIXBarwon
BendigoIXLoddon Campaspe
PanmureXGreat South Coast
PanmureXGreat South Coast
BendigoXILoddon Campaspe
BendigoXILoddon Campaspe
BendigoXIILoddon Campaspe
ManangatangXIIMallee
GeelongXIIBarwon
ManangatangXIIMallee
GisborneXIIILoddon Campaspe
MoystonXIIICentral Highlands
GeelongXIVBarwon
ManangatangXIVMallee
MallacootaXVGippsland
MoystonXVCentral Highlands
Lake EntranceXVIGippsland
WangarattaXVIOvens Murray
BeaufortXVIICentral Highlands
KyabramXVIILoddon Campaspe/Goulburn
RochesterXVIIILoddon Campaspe
CrowlandsXVIIIWimmera

AreaGames PlayedPopulationPop./Games
Goulburn0.5175,043350,086
Gippsland2300,664150,332
Ovens Murray1134,593134,593
Central Highlands3215,81171,937
Barwon6331,17455,195.67
Great South Coast2105,63552,817.5
Wimmera148,63748,637
Loddon Campaspe6.5253,15838,947.38
Mallee395,23631,745.33

TLDR A secondary venue from the Goulburn Valley area with the tertiary venue from either the Wimmera or Ovens Murray. (Although we haven't been to the Great South Coast region since State-of-Origin rebooted)
I'd make a strong case that Crowlands is in fact Central Highlands based and not Wimmera.

The Pyrenees Shire that it sits in would classify more as a Central Highland area than Wimmera area.

Also play at Marnoo just for Mobbs (and well me too)

How about the Ararat Rats from the Wimmera League, looks a great old country ground

View attachment 2017618
Shit heap of an oval to big to cold and to wet.

Rank place to play football.
My old stomping ground (Clunes) is still using the same oval that's been flooded out countless times the last 10+ years

View attachment 2017644

Clunes vs Wonders (Learmonth) from 2 weeks ago for a White Ribbon - Memorial Shield Match

Park on the hill for a view or a few drinks in the Clubhouse before going back to the local
I have a family member that plays there now been there a couple of times. I'm more of a fan of the full park around the oval feel but I could get around it. Two good mates play for Learmonth too one going pretty well this year.
Thank you very much FootyGuy13 for the privilege of joining the team, I hope to do you all proud.
As to suggestions you can see under my avatar that I barrack for the Chewton Tigers so I would suggest Chewton or Campbells Creek ovals.
Campbells Creek a team that Dusty played for in his very junior years has the better facilities.
Considering Castlemaine has the reputation for being 'Upper Northcote' these days playing in the environs would pull a big crowd.
Campbells Creek I have fond memories of. Kicked many a goal there in my time as a sub par footballer.

The portable out the back for the changerooms and toilets would certainly scare most opposition away.

I'd make a strong case that Crowlands is in fact Central Highlands based and not Wimmera.

The Pyrenees Shire that it sits in would classify more as a Central Highland area than Wimmera area.

Also play at Marnoo just for Mobbs (and well me too)
Just looked it up, Crowlands sits on the border of the Central Highlands and the Wimmera, as the Pyrenees, Northern Grampians and Ararat Shires all lay claim to that place.

If Crowlands is mostly Central Highlands, then Kyabram is Loddon Campase. Meaning we've yet to play any games in the Wimmera or Goulburn regions.

FYI: Goulburn is Moira, Shepparton, Strathbogie, Mitchell and Murrindindi Shires and Wimmera is West Wimmera, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Yarriambiack and North Grampians Shires.

I thought Crowlands was in the middle of the Wimmera because you and Mobbs were asking for it last State-of-Origin.

Just looked it up, Crowlands sits on the border of the Central Highlands and the Wimmera, as the Pyrenees, Northern Grampians and Ararat Shires all lay claim to that place.

If Crowlands is mostly Central Highlands, then Kyabram is Loddon Campase. Meaning we've yet to play any games in the Wimmera or Goulburn regions.

FYI: Goulburn is Moira, Shepparton, Strathbogie, Mitchell and Murrindindi Shires and Wimmera is West Wimmera, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Yarriambiack and North Grampians Shires.

I thought Crowlands was in the middle of the Wimmera because you and Mobbs were asking for it last State-of-Origin.
I just wanted it as it has a telephone wire running through the middle.

If it was a Wimmera ground I'd go for Marnoo, Halls Gap (have to fight the wildlife off the field), Rich Avon but there'd be plenty further west that I am sure Mobbs could name but I wouldn't be able too.

I just wanted it as it has a telephone wire running through the middle.

If it was a Wimmera ground I'd go for Marnoo, Halls Gap (have to fight the wildlife off the field), Rich Avon but there'd be plenty further west that I am sure Mobbs could name but I wouldn't be able too.
Rich Avon would be a cool one!
I have already mentioned Boollte.
Umm Corack used to have its own ground but I'll have to have a decko at google maps to see if it still exists. It does, it's a bit dilapidated :D It's at Corack East.
Netherby ground is still there.
Glenorchy (the one near Stawell) is a lovely little moshpit of a ground.
Serviceton (already mentioned) but is there still a ground there?
Korong Vale still has a ground.
Bamawm's ground at Bamawm Extension (used to be 2 distinct teams once) still appears.
Wyuna still has a ground and looks like still defoes used (maybe cricket?)
Moonambel still has its ground.
Actually so does Redbank.

Wooroonook probably still has a ground (ok it doesn't).
Seems like the Cope Cope ground couldn't couldn't.
According to Google maps, Yanac's rec reserve is still noted but no actual ground there.
I did glance around Barmah a bit but couldn't see a ground.

I can never find Appin's ground when I look for it but I know it at least used to exist.

Rich Avon would be a cool one!
I have already mentioned Boollte.
Umm Corack used to have its own ground but I'll have to have a decko at google maps to see if it still exists. It does, it's a bit dilapidated :D It's at Corack East.
Netherby ground is still there.
Glenorchy (the one near Stawell) is a lovely little moshpit of a ground.
Serviceton (already mentioned) but is there still a ground there?
Korong Vale still has a ground.
Bamawm's ground at Bamawm Extension (used to be 2 distinct teams once) still appears.
Wyuna still has a ground and looks like still defoes used (maybe cricket?)
Moonambel still has its ground.
Actually so does Redbank.

Wooroonook probably still has a ground (ok it doesn't).
Seems like the Cope Cope ground couldn't couldn't.
According to Google maps, Yanac's rec reserve is still noted but no actual ground there.
I did glance around Barmah a bit but couldn't see a ground.

I can never find Appin's ground when I look for it but I know it at least used to exist.
Forgot about Glenorchy. It’s only 10 minutes away but easily forgettable

Deakin Reserve also plays U16 championships matches there, very nice deck.

Back