State of Origin 2024 State Of Origin | Vic Country Team Thread

Which Town/City should host the Vic Country Team in Series XIX?

• Boolite (Wimmera)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pimpinio (Wimmera)

• Rich Avon (Wimmera)

• Nertherby (Wimmera)

• Glenorchy (Wimmera)

• Rupanyup (Wimmera)

• Deakin Reserve, Shepparton (Gouldburn)

• Cobram (Gouldburn)

• Katamatite ( Gouldburn)

• Hexham (Great South Coast)

• Melville Oval, Hamilton (Great South Coast)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like we might win.

We might lose, of course, but we might win too.
I have a 100% record as captain and winning this series. The trick is only doing it once and letting someone else cop the inevitable cruel twists of the sim.

An update from the captain's office:

We're finalising the first 20-player team to take on the Sand Perverts. We've taken into account all the roles played at club level and then look at activity.

As we have 11 active starting midfielders/wings, clearly there's only the five spots. We'll do our best to then put the players onto flanks first off, then fwd pockets after flanks are used up.

We have four games, so if you're a midfielder who finds themselves on say a HF flank, don't worry you'll get a chance through the middle. Same with defenders getting a shot up the field. Activity is key in this series, so if you're getting involved, you'll get a shot.

Exception is Headless who is benched at the start for the duration of the series ;)

We're finalising the first 20-player team to take on the Sand Perverts. We've taken into account all the roles played at club level and then look at activity.

As we have 11 active starting midfielders/wings, clearly there's only the five spots. We'll do our best to then put the players onto flanks first off, then fwd pockets after flanks are used up.

We have four games, so if you're a midfielder who finds themselves on say a HF flank, don't worry you'll get a chance through the middle. Same with defenders getting a shot up the field. Activity is key in this series, so if you're getting involved, you'll get a shot.

Exception is Headless who is benched at the start for the duration of the series ;)
Setting up the bench with a few nice pillows as we speak. :love:

Play me anywhere. SoO is fun - just happy to be on the field as the most games played for Vic C!

Play me anywhere. SoO is fun - just happy to be on the field as the most games played for Vic C!
Yeah we usually have the most experienced backline in the comp, so expect a few 400-500+ gamers to be running around. Then will aim to get you up the field at some point too.

Don't envy the job you have to find the balance

Yep can also throw me anywhere, or even leave me out if there's enough to form a team without me.

Full Forward please, I’ll get at least 9 for Mobbs

Back by popular demand, the Vic Country Map where we see where everyone is from. I have the Map, now I need the Men (and Women).

1719457642302.png

So far we have Barwon, Central Highlands (BallratBulldog), Gippsland (FootyGuy13, Pie 4 Life, SarahSmiles), Goulburn (ant555, Elton Johns Wig), Great South Coast (brahj, Pickitt, TheGoatBaron, Tigerturbulance), Loddon Campaspe (A Swallow, haydo, Jabba73, Robertio, royboy2, Supersuns, tigland), Mallee (GotTheGoodes, manangatang), Ovens Murray (Knifey Spoony) and Wimmera (ClarkeM, croweater 41, Mobbs).

Now, I believe Broken Headless and Wosh don't wish to say which region they are from (that's right, I only want to know the region, not which shire or city/town you are from if you don't want to) which leaves AnUltimateRessie cats_09 cats2rise DERRINALPHIL Frothies Mcveigh Ocha905 Pamcake1 SpecialBruce

Back by popular demand, the Vic Country Map where we see where everyone is from. I have the Map, now I need the Men (and Women).

View attachment 2031465

So far we have Barwon, Central Highlands (BallratBulldog), Gippsland (FootyGuy13, Pie 4 Life, SarahSmiles), Goulburn (ant555, Elton Johns Wig), Great South Coast (brahj, Pickitt, TheGoatBaron, Tigerturbulance), Loddon Campaspe (A Swallow, haydo, Jabba73, Robertio, royboy2, Supersuns, tigland), Mallee (GotTheGoodes, manangatang), Ovens Murray (Knifey Spoony) and Wimmera (ClarkeM, croweater 41, Mobbs).

Now, I believe Broken Headless and Wosh don't wish to say which region they are from (that's right, I only want to know the region, not which shire or city/town you are from if you don't want to) which leaves AnUltimateRessie cats_09 cats2rise DERRINALPHIL Frothies Mcveigh Ocha905 Pamcake1 SpecialBruce
I’m from two regions, if I’m able to update?

View attachment 2031465

Probably because I’m not really sure how and why I ended up in Vic Country tbh but my family is in the Mansfield Shire which will do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2031465

East Gippy for me.

TEAM SELECTION EXCLUSIVE

Vic Country side to face the Sand Perverts:

B:
Pie 4 Life - Mobbs - ClarkeM
HB: ant555 - croweater 41 - cats2rise
C: Robertio - GotTheGoodes - cats_09
HF: Frothies Mcveigh - Jabba73 - Pamcake1
F: FootyGuy13 - TheGoatBaron - royboy2
R: Tigerturbulance - SpecialBruce - Ocha905
INT: AnUltimateRessie - Headless

EMG: tigland, Wosh, Pickitt, Supersuns, haydo

Boasting a backline of 3172 games of SFA experience, Vic Country is set to unveil the most experienced backline in SFA history (and let's be honest it's not even close). croweater41 is the "greenest" of the defenders with a casual 481 games to his name, with three 500-gamers and two 498-gamers.

Headlining the ruck division is none other than the man with the mostest, Tigerturbulance, while posting has been rewarded with the stacked midfield and wings. Those on the flanks/pockets will likely get a shot further afield as the carnival goes on.

We have a healthy emergency list, with the ins and outs to change depending on the game thread posting.

Last edited:
TEAM SELECTION EXCLUSIVE

B:
HB: @ant555 - croweater 41 - cats2rise
C: @Robertio - GotTheGoodes - cats_09
HF: @FrothiesMcVeigh - Jabba73 - Pamcake1
R: @Tigerturbulance - SpecialBruce - Ocha905
INT: @AnUltimateRessie - Headless

Boasting a backline of 3172 games of SFA experience, Vic Country is set to unveil the most experienced backline in SFA history (and let's be honest it's not even close). croweater41 is the "greenest" of the defenders with a casual 481 games to his name, with three 500-gamers and two 498-gamers.

Headlining the ruck division is none other than the man with the mostest, Tigerturbulance, while posting has been rewarded with the stacked midfield and wings. Those on the flanks/pockets will likely get a shot further afield as the carnival goes on.

We have a healthy emergency list, with the ins and outs to change depending on the game thread posting.
hi Headless, can't wait to make tea on the sidelines this weekend.

As far as Vic country cred, you can throw in Gippsland as my maternal line have been based there since the 1870's.
Sale hospital has a wing named after my Grandad, he was the only surgeon north of the Dandenongs for decades. The Fitzpatricks were/are well known in those parts and played football and cricket in foundational teams/clubs.
Constable Fitzpatrick of Ned Kelly fame was my great, great uncle, for those who want a bit of mythic Australian history thrown in to the pot.

Very late to the "what grounds should we play at" discussion but the Hanging Rock Cricket Club were just booted out of their ground (IRL) and are now homeless, so I would have suggested we play at Hanging Rock in protest.

TEAM SELECTION EXCLUSIVE

B:
HB: ant555 - croweater 41 - cats2rise
C: Robertio - GotTheGoodes - cats_09
HF: Frothies Mcveigh - Jabba73 - Pamcake1
R: Tigerturbulance - SpecialBruce - Ocha905
INT: AnUltimateRessie - Headless

Look, I'm not going to say "this is the greatest line up ever posted in the Sweet FA Forum" but I won't.... I'll let someone else say it and they will be 100% correct.

This is incredible. **** you're a noob croweater 41

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin 2024 State Of Origin | Vic Country Team Thread

Back