2024 (Tenacious) Annual Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Father-son-bidding-system.pdf

Pick
Club
Player (click on player below, will take you to post)Poster
1RichmondJagga SmithBletch
2Brisbane *Levi AshcroftSheephead
3RichmondSam LalorBletch
4CarltonHarvey LangfordSoapy V
5AdelaideSid DraperGoBlues!
6MelbourneFinn O’SullivanBlugazi
7North MelbourneAlix TauruBlue and Silver
8Gold Coast *Leo Lombard
9St KildaJosh Smillie
10St KildaXavier Lyndsay
11MelbourneMurphy ReidBlugazi
12Essendon *Issac KakoTENACIOUS
13RichmondTobie TravagliaBletch
14RichmondTaj HottonBletch
15West CoastJoe BerryTerryWallet
16Port AdelaideLuke TrainorPablito
17FremantleBo AllanWalshistheGOAT
18Greater Western SydneyCooper Hynesbradfisher14
19Greater Western SydneyOli Hannafordbradfisher14
20Brisbane *Sam Marshall
21Western BulldogsHarrison OliverCoona Blues
22North MelbourneJobe ShanahanBlue and Silver
23SydneyHarry ArmstongWickzki
24RichmondJack WhitlockBletch
25Greater Western SydneyAlex Dodsonbradfisher14
26SydneyJesse DattoliWickzki
27RichmondJonty FaullBletch
28RichmondJasper AlgarBletch
Round 2
29Western BulldogsJames BarratCoona Blues
30EssendonChristian MoraesTENACIOUS
31West CoastHamish DaviesTerryWallet
32Port AdelaideAngus ClarkePablito
33FremantleZak JohnsonWalshistheGOAT
34St KildaTom Gross
35HawthornHarry Charleston
36West Coast *Malaki ChampionTerryWallet
37Western BulldogsJack OughCoona Blues
38Carlton *Ben CamporealeSoapy V
39Port AdelaideJaxon ArtemisPablito
40Greater Western SydneyLochie Jaquesbradfisher14
41SydneyMatt WhitlockWickzki
42GeelongClancy Dennisferrisb
43EssendonHarry O’FarrellTENACIOUS
44St Kilda *Adrian ColeNinja Worrier
45Western BulldogsKayle GerreynCoona Blues
46Port AdelaidePhoenix HargravePablito
47CollingwoodNed BowmanBamboo Harvester
48EssendonThomas SimsTENACIOUS
49EssendonPassTENACIOUS
50CollingwoodSam DavidsonBamboo Harvester
51Greater Western SydneyPassbradfisher14
52CarltonPassSoapy V
53GeelongXavier Ivisicferrisb
54CollingwoodNoah MrazBamboo Harvester
55SydneyWickzki
56North MelbourneBlue and Silver
57AdelaideGoBlues!
58EssendonPassTENACIOUS
59FremantleWalshistheGOAT
60CarltonPassSoapy V
61CarltonPassSoapy V
62Hawthorn
63CarltonBoydSoapy V
64Greater Western SydneyPassbradfisher14
65Geelongferrisb
66Hawthorn
67North MelbourneBlue and Silver
68AdelaideGoBlues!
69MelbourneBlugazi
70Gold Coast
71Gold Coast
72BrisbaneSheephead
73West CoastTerryWallet

Last edited:

Soapy you've totally confused me....if we are taking 4 picks at the draft why not take a pick them elevate Boyd?

Agreed. Worst case scenario is we upgrade Boyd after a Campo pick. We keep a primary list spot open.

Soapys pass is as good as saying "upgrade Boyd" in that we won't use it at the draft on a kid.

Agreed. Worst case scenario is we upgrade Boyd after a Campo pick. We keep a primary list spot open.

Soapys pass is as good as saying "upgrade Boyd" in that we won't use it at the draft on a kid.
It's probably been discussed previously, but if Carlton pass at pick 52 and another club selects Lucas with a later pick, are we still able to match?

Somebody suggested a few days back that we go into the draft with 'unders' for the B Campo bid, so all of our late picks with points attached are used to match the bid, and we end up with the last pick in the draft in case of a late Lucas bid. If there's no bid, we can then rookie list him.

We'll possibly go into 2025 with a slight deficit to our 2nd round pick, but it would be negligable.

It's probably been discussed previously, but if Carlton pass at pick 52 and another club selects Lucas with a later pick, are we still able to match?

Somebody suggested a few days back that we go into the draft with 'unders' for the B Campo bid, so all of our late picks with points attached are used to match the bid, and we end up with the last pick in the draft in case of a late Lucas bid. If there's no bid, we can then rookie list him.

We'll possibly go into 2025 with a slight deficit to our 2nd round pick, but it would be negligable.
It's a good question, and I don't know (tried looking this up the other day, and can't find a definitive answer). What I do know is that the passed pick is removed from the draft order. i.e. if Carlton pass at pick 52 and Geelong have pick 53, that pick shuffles down, and Geelong now have pick 52.

Logic would dictate that Carlton should still be able to use later picks for matching purposes (but not use them otherwise), but I really don't know if that is the case.

Note also, we can't guarantee last spot in the draft, as there could be further bid matching after the Ben Campo bid. i.e. picks we used to match Ben get moved to the back of the draft, but if there's then a bid on say Malakai Champion and West Coast match, then the picks they used would be moved behind the ones we used.

Does the rookie elevation of Boyd even cost a pick? I thought it happens post draft without picks attached, provided there is a list spot. Looking back at old drafts on Wikipedia, the rookie elevations aren’t numbered picks in the draft, just a table at the end of the draft.

Does the rookie elevation of Boyd even cost a pick? I thought it happens post draft without picks attached, provided there is a list spot. Looking back at old drafts on Wikipedia, the rookie elevations aren’t numbered picks in the draft, just a table at the end of the draft.
That's correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 51 - Geelong - Xavier Ivisic - Geelong Falcons 180cm (01/06/06)

Local lad. High volume championships. Wing/midfield Genuine Cars pick

Bamboo Harvester
Great selection Coona, he was on my very short list. Knows how to rack up possessions at schoolboy level.

Anyway, at pick 52, the dirty rotten Maggies select:

Pick 52 - Collingwood - Noah Mraz - Dandenong Stingrays - 198cm - Key Position Defender
After the premature retirement of Nathan Murphy, the delisting of Josh Eyre, and Charlie Dean not getting onto the park, the Magpies are in need of a key defender - especially considering Billy Frampton is now their #2 key defender behind Moore.

Write up courtesy of Zero Hanger:

"A teenager who the Blues could have on their radar at Pick 38. The Dandenong Stingrays talent, who stops the tape at 198cm, is a versatile key defender who can also pinch-hit in the ruck. Mraz was a member of the AFL Academy this year, selected for his strong intercept ability, endurance capabilities and kicking accuracy, with a foot injury unfortunately hampering most of his year. Prior to his setback, the promising teenager was viewed as a top 20 chance, with his interrupted year potentially presenting as a bargain for one club."

Over to Wickzki

Pick 52 - I think Blues will use this for points for Ben Campo as they will try and move Pick 38

I also believe we will look more at DFA, Rookies and train on players during pre season after getting Pick 3 and Campo twins

In the end we won’t use this pick. Pass
There’s no way we’re going to pass here, having taken only 2 players.
If there’s nobody else we want in the ND, then we’d take Lucas here.
Even then, we’d only have 35 on the Senior List.

There’s no way we’re going to pass here, having taken only 2 players.
If there’s nobody else we want in the ND, then we’d take Lucas here.
Even then, we’d only have 35 on the Senior List.

Who's your fancy at this pick?

Who's your fancy at this pick?
I don’t know enough about the players, especially this deep.

But, I think we’re a good chance of using 38 before a bid comes for Ben. And if the bid comes early, we’ll trade our for F2, and look to trade back in.

Either way, we would only pass once we hit 36 on the Senior List, which assuming we don’t take a DFA earlier, would mean after 4 ND picks, not 2.

The Swans may not utilise this pick at the draft and Mraz was the very last player on my priority shortlist. Think there's potential for an AFL career there. Would love him late in the draft at Carlton

However for the sake of the exercise, Sydney continue their WA scouting with the selection of the blazing fast Luke Urquhart who has the genuine potential to be one of the steals in the draft.

Rookie Central said:
While he can certainly add polish to his game, Urquhart has enough physical attributes to have an impact at the next level. He shapes as a later pick, though it would not surprise to see a club be enamoured by his strong inside game and form at state level to select him as a ‘bolter’ in the earlier rounds. There is plenty of competition for spots when it comes to midfielders in this year’s draft, but Urquhart projects similarly to Sydney star Chad Warner, who plays with similar power and hailed from the same club and school.

Blue and Silver you're up.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 (Tenacious) Annual Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back