List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordan Croft at the Dogs is someone who I would be looking at. He isn't getting a game anytime soon with JUH, Darcy and Naughton. He is going to be waiting a long time to get his chance.
People brought this up around draft time when he was taken as a F/S.

We have only attracted other clubs fringe players and had to offer long and handsome contracts to even achieve that.

Why do the league’s top young key forwards keep being mentioned in this thread?

Stick to the draft and sharpen up our ability to bring in value by other means. i.e. more Griffin Logue less Dylan Stephens.

We have only attracted other clubs fringe players and had to offer long and handsome contracts to even achieve that.

Stick to the draft and sharpen up our ability to bring in value by other means. i.e. more Griffin Logue less Dylan Stephens.

Because we need a kpf now, not in 3-4 yrs when one comes through the next draft... best chance is to secure one that already has a couple of years in the system... a more mature one than that will cost significantly more draft capital

Having said that not sure Gruz is the guy would have thought couple of cms too short... we have bull duurs ford at that height

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because we need a kpf now, not in 3-4 yrs when one comes through the next draft... best chance is to secure one that already has a couple of years in the system... a more mature one than that will cost significantly more draft capital

Well I hope the club is looking in the bargain basement for one. None of those mentioned will come to North.

He's missed Perryman who Hawthorn have offered $800k x 6 years to apparently. Although he's a UFA.

That may be close right on the borderline of Band 1 if they adjust the criteria around contract duration.
Yeah he’s just calling out the restricted free agents

In terms of unrestricted the main ones are Battle, Cumming and Perryman

Having said that not sure Gruz is the guy would have thought couple of cms too short... we have bull duurs ford at that height

Gruz is 192/193 depending on the source, has a good vertical leap and agility iirc and stopped to help his mate who was crook in the 2k at the draft combine. He's also fairly solid.

So he's at least as tall as Mihocek, nearly as tall as Curnow and some of Curnow's attributes (tho to what extent I dunno.) He's taller than Duurs, Bull and 40 by at least an inch, closer to two inches for 40 and Bull.

position on the ladder and bums in seats mean everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t watch much of his port games but the ones I’ve seen , he doesn’t seem to accumulate the ball easily.
Seems similar to bread McKenzie- got skills but not much else

Well, he was absolutely electric as a 16 year old. Was the next big thing in underage Victorian football. Like a 6"2 McKercher at the time.

One that was impacted by Covid heavily, but I really thought he'd get going at Port and thought they'd got a bargain at the time.

He just hasn't looked it at all. I haven't seen that eletric pace and linebreaking ability.

He was one I wanted back during the JHF saga and would have probably taken a reduction in the deal to get done. In hindsight it would have been a disaster and cost us Wardlaw in the process doing that.

I believe it was also reported we raised his name along with Bergman and was rebuffed.

A massive sliding doors moment for the club and one we should be thankful to Port for rejecting.

Last edited:
I think Gruz has also played as a defender a little bit as well but looks a more natural forward.
That's the kind of acquisition I'd be looking at not costing more than a 2nd or F2 at the most.

float our first this year for Lukosious see if we can get a bite.

An AFL standard second KPF is our number one need. We’ve seen the improvement with just pink/teakle playing forward, imagine pink replaced with someone who’s an actual offensive threat
Id do this with Max King FWIW.

Well, he was absolutely electric as a 16 year old. Was the next big thing in underage Victorian football. Like a 6"2 McKercher at the time.

One that was impacted by Covid heavily, but I really thought he'd get going at Port and thought they'd got a bargain at the time.

He just hasn't looked it at all. I haven't seen that eletric pace and linebreaking ability.

He was one I wanted back during the JHF saga and would have probably taken a reduction in the deal to get done. In hindsight it would have been a disaster and cost us Wardlaw in the process doing that.

I believe it was also reported we raised his name along with Bergman and was rebuffed.

A massive sliding doors moment for the club and one we should be thankful to Port for rejecting.
I think I remember Sinn didn’t want to come to North………Smart move there Joshy, look at ya now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back