List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Jacob Konstanty worth an offer to address our small forward woes?

He’s in the same region as Max Gruzewski is imo as far as high rated kids in a little queue at interstate clubs. Definitely worth a nibble.

I’d have thought so. Seen some stuff on twitter that maybe he hasn’t been committed enough @ Sydney, unsure if that has any substance. Either way, wouldn’t cost much, young, pretty sure we were keen on him but didn’t get through to the pick we eventually picked George at. Fits the bill of exactly what we need, another guy to look at would be Joe Richards, similarly interested in his eventual draft year and has all the tools. Would rather them over Owies for upside but Owies would also be a good small forward to get over.

Still think we missed a big opportunity by not taking Mannagh in the MSD draft(and ND) last year.
He would have played a lot of footy for us already and would still be playing in my opinion.

How likely is it that the Saints do get 4 and 5? How similar would the contract be to Cam?

Twomey is the one stating the North offer is $700-$750k.

When Peter Ryan was asked yesterday by Korne what he thought Zurhaar would be fielding he said "As a complete guess, somewhere around the $600k mark I would think his market value"

Pete obviously has NFI, as North's offer would be well above that and it's only $80k above the new AFL average.

It IS actually what I think he's worth though.

I do think around $900k is going to be the required mark if the assessment criteria isn't altered for tenure.

It really depends how much value Collingwood put on their F1 and F2, which is what we will be asking if we match imo.

The Saints will be in a very good spot in this draft.

Likely able to get a combo like Jagga Smith and Luke Trainor at those picks. They could even go two mids and get Smith and Lalor to rebuild their midfield.

They could effectively trade Battle for Trainor.

That money is wild for Battle though, at least Magoo was a genuine 200cm defender. Battle is basically a poor mans Stephen May.

Last edited:

When Peter Ryan was asked yesterday by Korne what he thought Zurhaar would be fielding he said "As a complete guess, somewhere around the $600k mark I would think his market value"

Pete obviously has NFI, as North's offer would be well above that and it's only $80k above the new AFL average.

I do think around $900k is going to be the required mark if the assessment criteria isn't altered for tenure.

It really depends how much value Collingwood put on their F1 and F2, which is what we will be asking if we match imo.

The Saints will be in a very good spot in this draft.

Likely able to get a combo like Jagga Smith and Luke Trainor at those picks. They could even go two mids and get Smith and Lalor to rebuild their midfield.

They could effectively trade Battle for Trainor.

That money is wild for Battle though, at least Magoo was a genuine 200cm defender. Battle is basically a poor mans Stephen May.
I don't believe you can trade a future 1st and 2nd in a single year.

I don't believe you can trade a future 1st and 2nd in a single year.

Depends on if they tweak the rules regarding trading 2 years in advance., which Twoomey is still confident they are going to bring in some new rules for this draft, with the balance batch of rules next year.

He seems to think the NGA 20+ threshold is coming in for this draft as a minimum.

Still think we missed a big opportunity by not taking Mannagh in the MSD draft(and ND) last year.
He would have played a lot of footy for us already and would still be playing in my opinion.
We have his old coach doing development. I wonder if he recommended him or even maybe said don't take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, didn't you say this just yesterday?

I'd be offering him $500k x 3. Nothing more.

If Saints end up with 4 & 5 then I'd at least be asking the question of our top pick for pick 5 & King.

I would do this in a heartbeat. Also positions us to select Luke Trainer in the draft.

Hell, I'd be happy to add some mustard into the trade to get it over the line.

Feels like a pipedream though.

I would do this in a heartbeat. Also positions us to select Luke Trainer in the draft.

It would need to be something like:

North out: Pick 1, CZ Combo
North in: Pick 5, King

Even then Saints would still laugh at us.

Definitely a pipedream given the evenness of the draft. Sliding back within the top 5 and pick up a mid/late first would be most be most feasible option, though unsure if this would be supported by our fanbase. Finn O'Sullivan dominating to close out the season will help with alot of these conversations.

It would need to be something like:

North out: Pick 1, CZ Combo
North in: Pick 5, King

Even then Saints would still laugh at us.
If they have King inked in as their future star KPF then they will definitely laugh and hang up. But if they love Smillie or FOS and are losing faith in King then they might be willing to discuss.

Why are we trading pick1 for a weak forward lol. We already have Jaidyn Stephenson
This is not a deal that I would want to do. But it is what will need to happen at a minimum for a conversation to be had about King.

I would prefer to go after more value targets to be honest.

But we need to extract maximum value from our first pick. If this means trading it, then by all means. But we need to address midfield run, forward pressure and marking and lockdown defending this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back