List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Awwwwwwww……anyway guess those brown paper bags you used to rely on would’ve come in handy.
What a shame….gotta pay more for Jacob ( isn’t he taking less to stay…geez they must be really stuffed ) but can’t keep the other three..
Time for us to cash in…coz ya know they would if it was the other way around…
Get chatting to Owies
Call it bargain hunting from stuffed up list management.

We’re not here to build up our arch enemy.

We give them a proven goal scorer and excitement machine and a top 3 pick - we get picks in the teens.
One is not like the other
We are only dealing with ESS, because they are overpaying Cam so we get Band 1 compo.

Otherwise, we get end of first round for Cam. (Pick 19-20)

What would you rather for Cam :

- Pick 19 or 20

OR

• ESS 2024 first round - possibly top ten pick
  • ESS 2025 first round pick - could be another top 10 pick.

Dont let your dislike for ESS, get in the way of what is the best deal for North.

I hope we don't stop talking to Nate Caddy over the next couple of years. I've never seen such a North tragic in the years leading to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we don't stop talking to Nate Caddy over the next couple of years. I've never seen such a North tragic in the years leading to the draft.
I can’t keep doing this, too much energy spent with no reward, will be the same with Luke Trainor this year.

I can’t keep doing this, too much energy spent with no reward, will be the same with Luke Trainor this year.

A lot of our shinboner youngsters like Sheezel have so swiftly cast aside their childhood clubs for North, yet it can't work the other way around for some reason.

If the clear number one pick was Harley Reid I would 💯 agree, but this year it’s so even Pick 1 doesn’t hold its usual weight.

We would have to offer a second to get two (decent) firsts this year IMO.

4 and 5 could end up being the best two players in the draft in 10 years time.

Like I said, just my opinion..
Yeah its quite fascinating, what you say is true but I think the real question is would teams offer scenario's like that if they could get Finn or Josh and I think the answer is "yes" they would. As for pick 4 /5/ could end up the best two players in the draft that's true, a clear indication of this will be on show, draft night and quite possibly before, because I think a few offers will be made to the bottom two teams that hold picks 1 and 2.

On a side note Sherm don't forget to watch Finn on Sunday for Vic Country, I'm tipping like last week with Sam Lalor who I said won't be 100% match fit and not to expect too much, that Finn will be in the same boat, he'll be 3/4 fit and anything he does I can see a lot of improvement to come, but I can see it now with people, they will say the same things that they have said about Josh, "Gee, he didn't impress me that much, and he's the supposed number one draft pick, wow I THINK IF THAT'S THE CASE WE SHOULD SPLIT THE PICK"!

"Potential", its an interesting word isn't it? "Having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future".
"Latent qualities or abilities that may be developed and lead to future success or usefulness"
Now this is just my opinion, but I can see 4 players in this draft that have an enormous amount of potential, I'm also sure that there will be guys in the first round and also second round who could turn out to be young stars, its just finding them and that's a recruiters job and as I've said before, "A little bit of luck never hurts".

With Lombard joining the GC at the end of this year, Rowell, Anderson, Miller, Graham, Rogers, Clohesy, Uwland next year...should we be getting into the ear of Humphrey's to, well, come home?
We should but he signed a long term deal and doubt Gc let him go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back