List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from someone involved at GWS that North have been pitching to his manager. I presume there would be a huge contract Tom Boyd style and our first pick in the draft this year.
I have no indication he is considering it but the person who told me would have no reason to make it up it’s pretty random.
Hard to imagine GWS letting him go even for pick 2.
But it’s good to hear we are taking some risks.
To those few draft experts on BF, would pick 2 (in this fantasy) represent good value against the players we might pick up?

Yeah he handled it well though, like a lion letting a cub do its thing. Thats said i thought the both had the right to go for it.
He did say he wanted to see improvement across the board before he signs, that’s going to mean some other guys getting on the end of some ball and kicking some snags

To those few draft experts on BF, would pick 2 (in this fantasy) represent good value against the players we might pick up?
Fascinating, as I'm pretty sure that he's happy and just signed an extension but if for fantasy stuff it were the case and I know he went pick 1 but my guess would be we give GWS pick 2 and in return GWS give us Cadman and pick 31, I think that's about right. On the other matter the only people that know the answer to that question are Will, Brady and Alastair and it all depends on their thinking and strategy.

Fascinating, as I'm pretty sure that he's happy and just signed an extension but if for fantasy stuff it were the case and I know he went pick 1 but my guess would be we give GWS pick 2 and in return GWS give us Cadman and pick 31, I think that's about right. On the other matter the only people that know the answer to that question are Will, Brady and Alastair and it all depends on their thinking and strategy.
Pretty sure GWS would want plenty more for him Scout but like you say he wont be going anywhere. Fully committed to GWS at least for the next 5-6 years i reckon.

I’d like you to be right, but can’t see why GWS would take less than what they paid for him plus give us pick 31.

I’d like you to be right, but can’t see why GWS would take less than what they paid for him plus give us pick 31.
Agree. They’d want pick two and probably our second rounder with nothing coming back. But maybe we could snag that pick 31 with a bit of Brady magic… If there’s such a thing

Well for one he's behind a few on their forward line but that's just natural for a young key forward coming into a team, secondly if he's changed his mind or is unhappy one has to remember he's only played 26 games which in itself is pretty good but a trade would be on potential.

In my draft order I had him at pick 4 and I think most recruiters had him around that pick 3/4 range and with the top two players in this years draft being very good midfielders with the potential to being elite then the range is about right, the fact is GWS needed a key forward and he is potentially very good and also the fact that there was some go home factor with a couple of the top guys and Cadman said he has no problems with playing in Sydney, that prompted GWS to trade up and get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing is, if we take a tall in the draft to support Larkey we'll be waiting 2 or 3 years for them to become an established AFL player.
Cadman is about ready to go, current 1st and a future 2nd isn't that much to pay.

Larkey needs support now, not in 3 years time.
Agree with this.

I think the Giants would rightly ask for pick 2 (or whatever our first ends up as) and plenty more.

They traded 3 and 12 and a F2 for pick 1 (and a couple of 4th rounders) to get him as part of JHF trade ahead of the 2022 draft.

Clearly they rated him very highly in the that draft pool to pay that price and they also helped us sort out the JHF mess, without them being willing to pay that price, we wouldn't have Sheezel AND Wardlaw.

All is fair in AFL trades and war, but, in the very unlikely event he wanted to come to us, I can't see any reason why we would expect the Giants to be letting him go for anything less than they paid for him.

I think the Giants would rightly ask for pick 2 (or whatever our first ends up as) and plenty more.

They traded 3 and 12 and a F2 for pick 1 (and a couple of 4th rounders) to get him as part of JHF trade ahead of the 2022 draft.

Clearly they rated him very highly in the that draft pool to pay that price and they also helped us sort out the JHF mess, without them being willing to pay that price, we wouldn't have Sheezel AND Wardlaw.

All is fair in AFL trades and war, but, in the very unlikely event he wanted to come to us, I can't see any reason why we would expect the Giants to be letting him go for anything less than they paid for him.
Just because he was pick 1 doesn’t mean that’s his asking price. Has he proved to be worth pick 1? No. Phillips was pick 3 and I don’t think we’d get that for him on the trade table.

Just because he was pick 1 doesn’t mean that’s his asking price. Has he proved to be worth pick 1? No. Phillips was pick 3 and I don’t think we’d get that for him on the trade table.
He is also currently signed to the Giants until the end of 2026, so his (admittedly theoretical) value is also tied to what the Giants would be prepared to let him go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back