List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, if we take a tall in the draft to support Larkey we'll be waiting 2 or 3 years for them to become an established AFL player.
Cadman is about ready to go, current 1st and a future 2nd isn't that much to pay.

Larkey needs support now, not in 3 years time.

I doubt GWS would even accept a 1st and Future second. Talls take longer to developer and after putting 2 years into him I doubt there is enough of an incentive for GWS to even entertain this trade?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So why are we wasting pick 2 on a player not worth it?
Personally I think he’s worth it. I can understand others not thinking that. He hasn’t exactly set the world on fire to date, but at this age a lot has to do with potential.

Comes down to (obviously) what the club think we need. A somewhat ready to go key forward? It’s the most glaring hole in our list, coming up to a draft light on for high quality key position players. If a player like cadman is gettable the question would have to be asked.

Personally I think he’s worth it. I can understand others not thinking that. He hasn’t exactly set the world on fire to date, but at this age a lot has to do with potential.

Comes down to (obviously) what the club think we need. A somewhat ready to go key forward? It’s the most glaring hole in our list, coming up to a draft light on for high quality key position players. If a player like cadman is gettable the question would have to be asked.
In my opinion he is definitely worth it.

So why are we wasting pick 2 on a player not worth it?
In the unlikely event he requested a trade to us, we would need to negotiate with the Giants as he is contracted there for two more seasons. If we didn't think he was worth pick 2 and whatever else the Giants wanted, we could walk away. If we thought their asking price was worth it we could make the trade.

Similar to the Saints a couple of seasons ago, getting Xerri to request a trade there. We valued him at a second rounder, the Saints weren't prepared to pay more than a third, he was contracted to us, so in the end no trade happened. (Which worked out quite well for us as with hindsight he'd have been a bargain for the Saints for a second!)

In the unlikely event he requested a trade to us, we would need to negotiate with the Giants as he is contracted there for two more seasons. If we didn't think he was worth pick 2 and whatever else the Giants wanted, we could walk away. If we thought their asking price was worth it we could make the trade.

Similar to the Saints a couple of seasons ago, getting Xerri to request a trade there. We valued him at a second rounder, the Saints weren't prepared to pay more than a third, he was contracted to us, so in the end no trade happened. (Which worked out quite well for us as with hindsight he'd have been a bargain for the Saints for a second!)
I think he is traveling along perfectly. GWS would be very happy on how he is going.

Thing is, if we take a tall in the draft to support Larkey we'll be waiting 2 or 3 years for them to become an established AFL player.
Cadman is about ready to go, current 1st and a future 2nd isn't that much to pay.

Larkey needs support now, not in 3 years time.
Start targeting a free agent for 26.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 and a future second. Bloody oath he's worth it. But GWS would want 2, another first and a future second. Is he worth that?
I’d do it. **** it.
But first I need to run my eyes over the list that I said was completely ****ed at the start of the year and see if those picks would be better used elsewhere…

Would you do it?

If that was last year, no, but this year, the top 5, 6 are all very even then I would especially we are filling in a very big shortcoming. However, i am still holding out hope that there are cheaper options out there in the likes of 2m pete, benny brown and last chancers types like hogan.

He is also currently signed to the Giants until the end of 2026, so his (admittedly theoretical) value is also tied to what the Giants would be prepared to let him go for.

well, the giants are neither in the window nor having top picks in the foreseeable future with 2028 ever closer.

They despearately need top picks to shore up their future midfield stocks.

Trade for cadman might not be impossible...

Start targeting a free agent for 26.

That's probably also in the pipeworks.

We are not quite in finals contention, so 2025 will be a consolidation year to get the right player into the right position.

The forward setup will still involve larkey teake plus pink

Sam Day OOC.

Apparently he was the difference between us winning and losing according to commentators.

Seems a better character and player than Lobb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back