Game Day 2024 Trade Period - Lian Yu - that liminal space between trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Looking at our list Jackson, Young, Serong, Brayshaw, Cox and Darcy are all between 21, 10 months and 25 and 4 months.
Erasmus, Johnson, Amiss are 19 to 20.

That is 9 good to verry very good players in 6 years.

Now while I would like one or two more very good players in this group, I think we need to add 2 or 3 more and chase a flag using this core.

I am happy to get one or two older players, especially if they can improve our midfield or forward line.

Looking at the list of WA players, there is several wingers and mids, but not many small forwards. We should be looking to draft these.

4 1st round picks the next two years, lots of salary cap space, so let's use them so we can hit finals 2025 and for 3 or 4 years straight.

Cam Zurhaar (Free agent)
Nic Martin
Logan McDonald
Tyson Stengle (UFA) - would probably avoid, unless he was 100% committed

Callum Ah Chee - handy forward flank\mid
Chad Warner
Will Powell
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (South Australia but some WA connections and I love his run and carry). FYI - we should be able to get him for a future 2nd rounder :p

Ed Allan is the key target

But also that from Ralph makes no sense. We won’t give 9,10 for Bolton because we want to save 10 for Baker? So Richmond will get 9,10,16 for them both. But we can use 9,10 for Bolton and then give 16 for Baker and it’s the exact same return lol tf

Rookie.

We KNOW Baker doesn’t want to come to us. So we offer 10. Thus, we default to 9 and 16 for Bolton.

IF Baker does then say Freo, you’re correct. It’s the same deal.

This is a triple whammy sandwich. It ‘forces’ Eagles to pay 13 when 23 should’ve been all it takes. It makes Baker welcomed like a fart in an elevator at West Coast and lastly it ‘forces’ Richmond to accept 9 and 16.

It a positive for me that the number one Richmond Nuff cheerleader in the media, Jon Ralph is saying we are not offering 9 & 10 for Bolton.

Baker for 10 would be really ugh unless we got 21 and 30 back.

Even still I hate the use of 10 on an OOC baker 😡

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly believe that if we trade all our first rounders for Bolton and Baker, it will be coming back to bite us on the arse down the line. Feels like another Croad trade but at least McPharlin redeemed that somewhat.

Look it would be overpaying, but we’re in a much better position now than then

Anyone able to provide the article please?
DOCKERS’ PLANS FOR BOLTON, BAKER REVEALED

Fremantle will offer two first-rounders for Shai Bolton, but not picks 9 and 10 given it is still holding out hope it might secure fellow Tiger Liam Baker. The Dockers have picks 9, 10 and 16, with the last pick likely to drift out three spots given NGA and father-son bids.

More Coverage​

Big O, Mills cleared for on-field roles after injury pain
Coffee, Disney and AFL royalty: Joe Daniher, footy’s mystery man
They would hand Richmond one of pick 9 or 10 and then 16 given he is contracted to 2028 and capable of being one of the league’s game-breakers.

The Tigers will ask the world for their departing players and have already indicated they want more than the No. 6 draft pick the Suns would offer for Rioli. But the Dockers will hold one of those two early picks in case Baker decides on the Dockers instead of West Coast.

The Eagles will make their coaching decision early next week, with Andrew McQualter and Hayden Skipworth seen to have edged ahead of Steven King.

Fremantle will offer two first-rounders for Shai Bolton, but not picks 9 and 10 given it is still holding out hope it might secure fellow Tiger Liam Baker. The Dockers have picks 9, 10 and 16, with the last pick likely to drift out three spots given NGA and father-son bids.

More Coverage​

They would hand Richmond one of pick 9 or 10 and then 16 given he is contracted to 2028 and capable of being one of the league’s game-breakers.

The Tigers will ask the world for their departing players and have already indicated they want more than the No. 6 draft pick the Suns would offer for Rioli. But the Dockers will hold one of those two early picks in case Baker decides on the Dockers instead of West Coast.

The Eagles will make their coaching decision early next week, with Andrew McQualter and Hayden Skipworth seen to have edged ahead of Steven King.

Obviously Tigers may hold out, especially when Baker selects Eagles. They don’t need to accept early in the trade period.

I really don’t think Eagles will want to pay 13. They’ll barely want to pay 23. Placing 10 as a marker is pretty funny.

More Coverage​

Richmond wanting more than pick 6 for Rioli????? Delusional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period - Lian Yu - that liminal space between trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back