Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong and Carlton seem to be able to do it... regularly..
Must have good book keepers, or accountants.And not forgetting , Carlton are able to lawyer up to win Browlows as well.
Geelong I can understand, it´s the only regional victorian club and has a track record of success so that´s how they get players to sign for unders. I think I also read a piece where they have the lowest contact hours of any club and thats why they´re happy to have Danger and the like do media roles part time.

Carlton I guess they have the pull of being a major Melbourne club, more victorian players than western australian players..
Does seem very Visy-like.

Walls said this is something we'd look to do towards the end of trade period if we still hold multiple first rounders. So I'm not even sure if this affects Shai too much cos it's not going to happen before that deal happens
The way I read that is if the Bolton deal doesn’t go ahead then we will trade one of the picks for a F1. Prob could get some further assets for this draft as well.

11, 30, 66 > F1, 28, 53

I don’t think it’s an issue, just saying we are open for business but serious offers only.

Maybe the strategy was to give long term contracts at slight unders already, most of the playing group seem motivated by success more than just the money.
I hope so. We seemed to have a lot in that top 100 highest paid players list, if it´s accurate or not I am not sure.

Where are the people that are adamant it was a done deal

Did we even hear anything from Richmond today, not even sure they showed up

Doubt walls and the tigers even sat in a room together today
Someone ****ed it up and ruined Hutchy's radio show, Richmond had their own full press conference but dodged Twomey

Carlton I guess they have the pull of being a major Melbourne club, more victorian players than western australian players..
Does seem very Visy-like.
One would think that they should have more Vic players than West Aussies, but they have drawn off the WAFL for a long time.Used many good WA player starting with Syd Jackson.But they also trade in a lot of players from other states.

Players buying in and taking unders is possible in small degrees (eg. players want to play for a successful team, and won't be swayed by a 20% bigger offer from North) but gets into fanciful fan speculation after a certain point. You can't endlessly acquire expensive talent without trade offs. These are the days of very professional players and very professional management, and everyone knows their value. There's a lot of other professional, successful clubs who manage their cap and pay market value—and will be looking to shark our young players if we're always asking them to tighten their belt buckles for the good of team composition. Every fanbase of every team wants to believe they can acquire as much talent as they want and players will take unders.

Seems pretty clear that won't be happening. We'd only trade one to Melbourne if Bolton falls over and leaves us with 3 x firsts.

They can have 9 for Pickett?
If it’s 18 I’m all good with it.
9 and 10 for Bolton and 23 and another second maybe.

Two firsts next year for Warner and associated picks for Whan and Hart…happy days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Walls chat today, I think he fired a shot over the bow of the RFC. I think he made them aware that Bolton is not the be all and end all.Around the mark, but not necessarily the exact mark.Will be some toing and froing before the end.
And I think we will be strong in our trading. My opinion is that were once treated as bunnies, but with the advent of Peter Bell, is he still at the club!!!, we became good at the negotiating table.
What will be will be, and what we get is what we get, but I am sure that in regards to Bolton, we will not get dudded.

Garlick is being a bit too forward in stating his desire to get these players there I reckon.

It’s just leads to overpaying.
Its amazing how thrifty clubs become in negotiating when they have minimal capital.

Then when you have the opposite I.e. us this year and the suns every year - you just seem to pay more and get less value.
If you play Poker with Freo it won’t work out well for you

IMG_0340.JPG

It’ll be much better than that

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back