Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you trade brayshaw now if he was talk, if he might leave? AFL is a business of winning flags swans don't get better losing warner short term. he's worth 2 firsts next year still, & who knows you might talk him into staying in Sydney.
I hope not. I also can't imagine Brayshaw moving to Sydney instead of Vic

Would you trade brayshaw now if he was talk, if he might leave? AFL is a business of winning flags swans don't get better losing warner short term. he's worth 2 firsts next year still, & who knows you might talk him into staying in Sydney.
Honestly if he was talking like Warner. Yes I would. I would be going straight to Saints and asking for 7 and 8.

He would be worth 2 good firsts yes. But lets be honest Fremantle are trending upwards and we would only have access to 3 likely teens picks. Thats way unders for Warner I would argue.

I don't get why Sydney don't jump at the opportunity to offload him this year. Next year say Chad Warner picks Fremantle. I’d say most people would have us down for teen first rounders the next 3 years… not to mention we will also need academy points for Toby Whan and Lucas Robinson.

If they hold Warner this year then Sydney better pray that he chooses West Coast. If not they will get crazy unders.
I mean, i definitely get why, it's about winning flags, not trade period.

Honestly if he was talking like Warner. Yes I would. I would be going straight to Saints and asking for 7 and 8.
It’s all media Sydney come out and said they are confident Warner will sign long term the same as freo did with Brayshaw today.

No way I’m trading Brayshaw. Like if I’m Sydney no way I’m trading Warner

Players get held to there contracts all the time.

Freo aren’t a better team next year with pick 7 & 8 swans aren’t with draft picks.

It’s all media Sydney come out and said they are confident Warner will sign long term the same as freo did with Brayshaw today.

Freo aren’t a better team next year with pick 7 & 8 swans aren’t with draft picks.
Im just saying that if Sydney trade this year they get a substantially better return. Next year it could be Pick 16 odd and 2 x future teens picks for Warner.

and yet other media says he is "keen to come home"

and yet other media says he is "keen to come home"
Yep & also Has been reports in last 2 weeks Brayshaw is leaving too? Was a rumour last week he met with Ross Lyon?

Who actually knows?

I just think you’d be crazy to trade someone so important like Warner when he is a key player in your premiership tilt. No draft picks replace him next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be funny if the club goes all in on next years draft just for Warner to sign with Sydney again or ask to go to the eagles
Agree less they get a way overs for it. Why trade into next year. Keep pick in good draft & worry about Warner next year. Freo will still have 3 firsts they can use with the new pick trade rules

Sounded like freo are only really open too it if Bolton doesn’t get done. And let’s be honest it will get done

I know we need quality over quantity, but I would be looking at splitting the spare first rounder into 2x lower ones rather than trade into next year.

Satisfy the 2in4 rule so we're freed up to do whatever we want next year.

I know we need quality over quantity, but I would be looking at splitting the spare first rounder into 2x lower ones rather than trade into next year.

Not to mention that if we have to draft we want them in the club ASAP developing not next year.

Garlic in particular seems like he’s prepared to sell the farm now. He is under pressure after the whole 2 flags by 2025. Big Walls probably knows there’s enough talent in this draft for the picks to press for selection straight away. Uncle Joe is somewhere in the middle.

Reckon if Warner or Pickett become available we’ll be selling the farm. If Warner in particular asks for a trade there may be a few Docker players that may need to come back from their holidays and do a medical. Sydney’s fwd line is pretty ordinary..they might like the look of Sturt.

I'm fine with this as long as the quality disparity between 11 and 18-22 isn't massive.

Yep.
Swans offering 19 and 22 for Gold Coast 13 really made me think along the similar lines.

Although for pick 11 I’d like 19 and a F1. Just gives us that deathride opportunity.

No greater bargaining chip then giving the club back its first rounder for Chad!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back