Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

What if Warner helps swans win the flag next year? he’s more important than draft picks to them at this stage

I would normally agree. However, Sydney couldn't fit Adams and Mills into their GF team. They have depth in the position to cover Warners loss.

They cannot win a flag with that forward line.

Yep & also Has been reports in last 2 weeks Brayshaw is leaving too? Was a rumour last week he met with Ross Lyon?

Who actually knows?

I just think you’d be crazy to trade someone so important like Warner when he is a key player in your premiership tilt. No draft picks replace him next year
Andy's brother laughed at those rumours on his poddy though

I would normally agree. However, Sydney couldn't fit Adams and Mills into their GF team. They have depth in the position to cover Warners loss.

They cannot win a flag with that forward line.
Problem is who can they actually get in the forward line during this off season

Brissy also trying to fill that hole, not much out there

Swans should be big into Stringer but they aren't

I'd go after Cal Brown from GWS. I think he's gettable and he would fit Sydney better. If you could get Brown to replace Amartey and maybe draft another KPF as insurance for Logan McDonald, then I think there list is in a better position for a flag as opposed to keeping Warner.

I'd go after Cal Brown from GWS. I think he's gettable and he would fit Sydney better. If you could get Brown to replace Amartey and maybe draft another KPF as insurance for Logan McDonald, then I think there list is in a better position for a flag as opposed to keeping Warner.
They could probably get Brown without the need to trade Warner and a first year KPF isn't helping them chase a flag in 2025.

Swans aren’t into stringer because of his off field.

I agree but take Warner out & there another 35 goals they need to find? Plus what else he sets up.

Only way I could see them even getting into the conversation for Warner is if they needed picks to land a key forward but isn’t many if any available

I’m not saying Brayshaw is leaving. I’m saying do you trust the media? For all we know Warner could re-sign at Sydney tomorrow
You can never trust it fully, because at the very least, people can change their minds.

But I don't think the Chad and Andy situations are remotely comparable.

Cal Brown is sideways to a Mclean/Amartey imo

You can never trust it fully, because at the very least, people can change their minds.

But, I don't think the Chad and Andy situations are remotely comparable.
I don’t see them much different tbh? Both out of contract next year? Both clubs have said they’ll in talks to stay long term? Both believe to be offered massive money elsewhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, time to liven this place up and potentially get myself banned.

How about Warner for Amiss - straight swap.

Do your worst, I don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t see them much different tbh? Both out of contract next year? Both clubs have said they’ll in talks to stay long term? Both believe to be offered massive money elsewhere?

Andy's only media talk is that he's a FA next year. Andy himself literally said in multiple interviews that he sees Perth as home, super invested yada yada. All the officials say stuff about how comitted he is. He gets reported as being the guy that meets potential signings. Then we have Walls and Garlick come out today and say how they expect contract talks to progress soon. Also a VC.

The ITKs have said precisely nothing about Andy as far as I know.

Contrast with Chad, who in the media only has speculation about wanting to return home at some point. Twomey has said all year that he's a watch this space for 2025. The only time I've seen him get asked about it on TV he said something to the effect of "I'm just trying to win a flag with the Swans". Last I heard about his contracts were that they were parked until next year.

The ITKs both on here AND the Swans board think he's gone.

The reporting and ITKs are completely different and I am staggered that its not obvious.

Get Bricked

Van_Dyke

team america vomit GIF

Andy's only media talk is that he's a FA next year. Andy himself literally said in multiple interviews that he sees Perth as home, super invested yada yada. All the officials say stuff about how comitted he is. He gets reported as being the guy that meets potential signings. Then we have Walls and Garlick come out today and say how they expect contract talks to progress soon. Also a VC.

The ITKs have said precisely nothing about Andy as far as I know.

Contrast with Chad, who in the media only has speculation about wanting to return home at some point. Twomey has said all year that he's a watch this space for 2025. The only time I've seen him get asked about it on TV he said something to the effect of "I'm just trying to win a flag with the Swans". Last I heard about his contracts were that they were parked until next year.

The ITKs both on here AND the Swans board think he's gone.

The reporting and ITKs are completely different and I am staggered that its not obvious.
And you know Warner doesn’t do that for stuff for Sydney? Houston said only Adel radio 3 weeks ago he was staying at port…. Things can change

We only know that stuff about Andy because we are freo fans?

Warner might be gone. All im saying is no way I’m trading him if I’m Sydney.

If shoes was on the other foot freo fans would riot if they did it.

Sydney on Warner: we’ll talk to his manager and try to do everything we can to keep him

Freo on Brayshaw: We had conversations and both parties are really keen to get the deal done. Should be finalised in a couple weeks

And you know Warner doesn’t do that for stuff for Sydney? We only know that stuff about Andy because we are freo fans?

Warner might be gone. All im saying is no way I’m trading him if I’m Sydney.

If shoes was on the other foot freo fans would riot if they did it.
I never said they would trade him, all I said is that the situations aren't comparable. And they aren't. I've stated many times that I don't expect them to trade him this year.

And I absolutely watch/read stuff about players other than from Freo for this exact reason.

Sydney on Warner: we’ll talk to his manager and try to do everything we can to keep him

Freo on Brayshaw: We had conversations and both parties are really keen to get the deal done. Should be finalised in a couple weeks
until they are signed it’s pretty much same talk? It’s all talk until they sign

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back