Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I never said they would trade him, all I said is that the situations aren't comparable. And they aren't. I've stated many times that I don't expect them to trade him this year.

And I absolutely watch/read stuff about players other than from Freo for this exact reason.
i can tell you for a fact Warner met with Naughton when Sydney offered him 10 years?

As I have said hopefully Warner does come but no point putting anything in place until they 100% know it’s on. Which don’t think anyone knows atm. Even if it’s Perth he might pick WC?

Think just worry about this trade period and let the reason play out

until they are signed it’s pretty much same talk? It’s all talk until they sign
I'm guessing you haven't paid a lot of attention in the past with player movement? Some are impossibly to tell, but some are REALLY obvious from a long way out.

Andy is really obviously staying.
Chad is a 50/50 at best.

i can tell you for a fact Warner met with Naughton when Sydney offered him 10 years?

What is your end game here? Are you really trying to say that literally every players gets reported the same and there is exactly 0 information in the that reporting regarding player movement? Because I think that is completely ludicrous and I can't imagine why you'd ever bother arguing that.

Warner ‘Hey mate’
Naughton ‘What’s it like?’
Warner ‘Bro… It’s alright, but I’ll be heading home soon’
Naughton ‘Cool’

Awkward silence

Naughton ‘I might just resign with Dogs’
Warner ‘Yep’
Naughton ‘Cool cool’

I'm guessing you haven't paid a lot of attention in the past with player movement? Some are impossibly to tell, but some are REALLY obvious from a long way out.

Chad is a 50/50 at best.

What is your end game here? Are you really trying to say that literally every players gets reported the same and there is exactly 0 information in the that reporting regarding player movement? Because I think that is completely ludicrous and I can't imagine why you'd ever bother arguing that.
If you actually read from the start my hole point was on why would they trade him in contract. Then said ‘it like’ Brayshaw.

If you actually read my posts I agree Brayshaw will 90% stay & Warner is 50/50.

But you are jumping to conclusions I they are similar because.

They are both out of contact new year?
They both have big money offers from rival clubs?

And lastly they both live away from there home state?

That’s pretty similar to me

If you actually read from the start my hole point was on why would they trade him in contract. Then said ‘it like’ Brayshaw.

If you actually read my posts I agree Brayshaw will 90% stay & Warner is 50/50.

But you are jumping to conclusions I they are similar because.

They are both out of contact new year?
They both have big money offers from rival clubs?

And lastly they both live away from there home stat?

That’s pretty similar to me
Agree to disagree.

Chad is a 50/50 at best.

50/50 is very generous for Warner.

I’ve been wrong quite a bit in the past but this feels like Dangerfield at Adelaide, Jackson at Melbourne, Cerra at Fremantle etc. where it was a matter of which club 12 months out.

Brayshaw seems more loyal than Pavlich was - There I said it.

Last edited:
Agree to disagree.
Basically all I’m getting at is unfortunately sydney & Melbourne won’t trade Warner or Pickett and they both are to loyal to ask for trade.
So freo are better off worrying about the trade & draft this year and see what pops up next year.

If they worry to much about Warner could miss Bolton & a good kid in this years draft and Warner could re-sigh in that time

We need to consider that we have more currency than just picks. The following players will have some interest, some value, and just as importantly we could cover the loss of one on each line;

Mids: Johnson, Ras
Fwds: Switta,
Backs: Ryan, Cox
Ruck: Darcy

Most other remaining players we cant cover, or have little trade value.

Maybe its time we need to get a little ruthless.

We need to consider that we have more currency than just picks. The following players will have some interest, some value, and just as importantly we could cover the loss of one on each line;

Mids: Johnson, Ras
Fwds: Switta,
Backs: Ryan, Cox
Ruck: Darcy

Most other remaining players we cant cover, or have little trade value.

Maybe its time we need to get a little ruthless.

Some would argue it’s time to start a season where we’re not replacing an A or B Grader with either an inferior player or someone drafted in the last 24 months…

Some would argue it’s time to start a season where we’re not replacing an A or B Grader with either an inferior player or someone drafted in the last 24 months…
Agree but the purpose would be to bring in AA graders in Bolton, Warner, or an A grader in Kozzie.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep & also Has been reports in last 2 weeks Brayshaw is leaving too? Was a rumour last week he met with Ross Lyon?

Who actually knows?

I just think you’d be crazy to trade someone so important like Warner when he is a key player in your premiership tilt. No draft picks replace him next year
I know your quite good / keen on being the grounded force but even you would admit there is a gigantic difference im the reporting between Brayshaw and Warner. To pretend otherwise is silly.

12 months is a long time. Anything can happen. Warner could have a new girlfriend from NSW who tells him there's no way I'm moving to WA. Game over.
Warner is so in love with his cureent GF he's leaving the Swans for her

Would you trade brayshaw now if was talk he might leave? AFL is a business of winning flags swans don't get better losing warner short term. he's worth 2 firsts next year still, & who knows you might talk him into staying in Sydney.
There is no talk he might leave, he bleeds Freo and was one of our three captains this year so no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back