Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

encino man smile GIF

West coast looking at pick 14 and Carlton leans in

Encino Man is such a banger of a movie.

Honestly, I'm 99% sure that's all a beat and all parties are on the same page. Richmond dont need that many picks this year anyway. F1 (Hawks) for Baker is probably fine. Plenty of currency to still get a deal done for Barrass
Spot on. Richmond have likely gone we don’t need another 2024 ND pick.

I differ to most and feel Hawks will be very good team in 2025. Carlton with a better injury run also finalists. The two F1 they have around 13-16 region. Pushed out further by compo.

West Coast felt that 14 was too high for Baker and wanted something significant back. Richmond said no deal to that just give us the pick.

All parties agree Hawks/Carlton F1 about right. The sticky point is the Hawks pick 33 added to the F1 - is that sufficient price for WC. Barass has done all the medicals ages ago and all good.

West Coast I know from an inside contact feel Barass’ best years are behind him and his speed is an issue. Suffering some injuries like back and hamstring doesn’t help.

Baker will end up at West Coast.
Bolton will end up at Freo.

The complicated factor to all this is we may have been willing to downgrade 11 to 14 but that option is no go.

I’d say we stick fat with 10+18 and swap some future picks. Richmond for example get their hands on an F3 and pass that onto us for our F2.

Think Baker is back in play.
No way will Richmond accept future first for Baker if West Coast accept that from Hawthorn

Pick 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton and Baker probably will work

Baker would be handy but not for 11 and the 600k makes it harder to get Chad so Baker can go to the Eagles.

10 and 18 to Richmond for Bolton. Pick 3 from WC for Baker and 10. DGAF what they get for Barrass.

Hawks now have 2 x F1's. Lets offer them pick 10 & a F2 for both.

Pick 10 for Barrass with an F2 coming back.

Richmond get 11 & 18 for Bolton for taking too long. We get to death ride Carlton & the Hawks next season while having enough currency for The Chad & Pickett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kind of love the attitude of Hawthorn to tell West Coast to GAGF.

I could live with the package deal being talked about, as long as we still technically get a first round pick to tick that box before next year.

10 + 11 + 18

Bolton + Baker + 20 (Hannaford)
Honestly not sure if West Coast would give a **** tbh.

If the new main piece of the trade is now less valuable than pick 14, the second piece in the trade could actually be more valuable.

Don't think anyone is losing from this situation but Richmond. It's kind of funny it's because of a team they're not even trading with IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back