Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why Carlton or pies don’t go hard at Barrass and then eagles can just give the first pick to Richmond for baker

Houston was ranked 12th at Port for score involvements in 2024. In 2023, he was 11th at Port. About 135th in the whole competition. His best 2 years. Bolton (or more to the point, Richmond) had a down year in 2024 and he still comfortably beat Houston in that metric. And over Bolton's two best years in 2022-23, he was top 10 in the whole competition. Bolton is on a much higher level than Houston for scoreboard impact.
I believe you are wrong.
Screenshot_20241011_150642_AFL.jpg

Yeah we need to get a piece of that. Melbourne are bottom four next year.
I find them a hard read. Lever, Petracca, Gawn play more of the year and Oliver gets a full preseason they could be 6-10.
They have top-end quality but just lack even a makeshift key forward.

I´m not sure if pick 8-12 next year is as valuable as 10,11 this year given the supposed depth.

Wow logged in to check what's been happening and there's been 382 posts on this sub alone. Must have been an incredible day of trading. Can someone please summarise todays proceedings for me?
Nothing Conan Obrien GIF by First We Feast

Besides, that is only in relation to their current ladder position.
It's crazy that a club with 3 of the last 7 premierships expects us to pay tax on a Player because:
A) They're now hopelessly shit
B) They missed getting that tax from the AFL when said player turned his back on FA in full support of the club, only for the coach to go chase some coin and a mass exodus of players wanting to do the same ensued.

Seriously get stuffed Richmond. How funny would it be if Shai had to go back with his tail between his legs and we took 10 and 18 to the draft. Shit for Shai but honestly not that big a deal for the club in the long run. Worst case our window may be delayed but be a couple of years wider when it does arrive.

Wow logged in to check what's been happening and there's been 382 posts on this sub alone. Must have been an incredible day of trading. Can someone please summarise todays proceedings for me?
Hawthorn:

nuclear explosion GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's crazy that a club with 3 of the last 7 premierships expects us to pay tax on a Player because:
A) They're now hopelessly shit
B) They missed getting that tax from the AFL when said player turned his back on FA in full support of the club, only for the coach to go chase some coin and a mass exodus of players wanting to do the same ensued.

Seriously get stuffed Richmond. How funny would it be if Shai had to go back with his tail between his legs and we took 10 and 18 to the draft. Shit for Shai but honestly not that big a deal for the club in the long run. Worst case our window may be delayed but be a couple of years wider when it does arrive.
That's the thing. I genuinely think our side will be challenging for a premiership next season regardless. Bolton doesn't = premiership, he just helps. However so will whatever kids we pick up this and next year to replace the likes of Sonny, Fyfe and JOM.

There's no losing this trade period even if we walk away from a Richmond trade. The only way I see it as a loss is if we throw everything at a Bolton trade for that 'sugar high'. Walls and co aren't that stupid and have shown over years that they are reasonable people with their heads screwed on. If it falls through, it's clearly Richmond being flogs and we'll be fine.

I believe you are wrong.
View attachment 2138430

I'm not wrong. I'm using averages. But if you want to go by totals, Bolton had 161 and 172 in 2023 and 2022, which blows away the 108 from Houston. It's closer to Butters and Horne-Francis territory (less on total, but Bolton's average over 2022-2023 is better than them). The best on our side last year were Serong-Young-Brayshaw with 157-161-169. How much are all these players worth?

I'm not wrong. I'm using averages. But if you want to go by totals, Bolton had 161 and 172 in 2023 and 2022, which blows away the 108 from Houston. It's closer to Butters and Horne-Francis territory (less on total, but Bolton's average over 2022-2023 is better than them). The best on our side last year were Serong-Young-Brayshaw with 157-161-169. How much are all these players worth?
Fair enough I stand corrected. I'm still not trading 10 and 11 for him though, I think 10 and 18 is stilla very good deal.

That's the thing. I genuinely think our side will be challenging for a premiership next season regardless. Bolton doesn't = premiership, he just helps. However so will whatever kids we pick up this and next year to replace the likes of Sonny, Fyfe and JOM.
We need to make finals first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back