List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still of the belief we only drafted collard so that way we have an extra chip if Reid wants out of WCE

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I truly believe we can get a good player in a trade but even if we offer Reid a bigger contract than any bigger other clubs , the bigger clubs will trump us by under the counter deals.
Same as how the Cats have more or less locked up the Bailey Smith deal.
We have more chance in getting Brayshaw than Reid imo , due to Frawleys daughter is married to his brother.

I like Enright, and clearly he has the potential to be an elite coach and develop talent. However, I wonder does he have that head coach ruthless streak ala Ross, Clarko etc.
Ross doesn't see himself as coach of St Kilda in 10 years' time and said as much to the Board when he was appointed. He wants to set up the foundation and is desperate to nab a flag but is also realistic about how long you get and when it will be time for someone else to have a crack. He feels a lot of pride in seeing the gun players for the Dockers run around knowing he set up their careers in the right way. He wants to do the same with the Saints and believes he can get us much closer to a flag by year 4 of his contract than we were in year 1. But this will not be a decade of Ross - he knows he will probably need to call time much sooner than that.

Of course, some silverware in September and we would all happily give him a 20-year contract, so things might change.

Ross doesn't see himself as coach of St Kilda in 10 years' time and said as much to the Board when he was appointed. He wants to set up the foundation and is desperate to nab a flag but is also realistic about how long you get and when it will be time for someone else to have a crack. He feels a lot of pride in seeing the gun players for the Dockers run around knowing he set up their careers in the right way. He wants to do the same with the Saints and believes he can get us much closer to a flag by year 4 of his contract than we were in year 1. But this will not be a decade of Ross - he knows he will probably need to call time much sooner than that.

Of course, some silverware in September and we would all happily give him a 20-year contract, so things might change.
If the AFL is struggling for a script for season 2026 I think I've got just the one... they couldn't could they? ten years on from the doggies famous drought breaker.

If Luko was available for a second rounder and cash we pretty much already had put aside for Battle would be an enormous get imo.

If he (Luko) requires time up forward as a requirement that makes it a bit thorny, but I have a thread on that.... would be Luko in, Hammer to the backline for mine.

If Luko was available for a second rounder and cash we pretty much already had put aside for Battle would be an enormous get imo.

If he (Luko) requires time up forward as a requirement that makes it a bit thorny, but I have a thread on that.... would be Luko in, Hammer to the backline for mine.
We're zero chance.

It sucks but there is never going to be full equality regardless. You just need to get the system with the least loop holes possible. If we take Peckett, Lennox and Cole and they become stars and meanwhile Windhager and Owens become premiership players we will have got our free hits. Riewoldt could have three star sons and we will have made it impossible for us to get access.

Pick 1 is rarely the best player in any draft. In 2007 Dangerfield went at 10. He's probably the best in the first round of his draft followed by Rioli at 12, Rance at 18, Cotchin at 2 and maybe Mastens at 3, then Harry Taylor at 17.

Taylor Walker at 75 was probably close to the top 5 players in that draft and Kruiser was pick 1.
Just reading that in that draft, we picked up Big Boy McEvoy (pick 9)and Stuv (pick 42), plus the legendary Eljay Connors. Not bad, I guess. We traded our second Rd pick for Schneids and Dempster which was the real winner, plus got Steven King and Charlie Gardiner for pick 90.

Otherwise known as the Plugger66 draft. Wonder what happened to that guy after he was booted off here, hope he's OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ari is more like Bonner or Daniel Rich. Doubt he's ever a KP or third tall, he's a kicking distributor. He would be better off as a replacement for Nas down back and get Nas up on a wing. Get the ball into his hands and he'll break lines by foot.

Luko is probably closest to a Mason Wood IMO. He's a big guy but not a KP. I think he could play Battle's role where he goes out to meet the ball and move it quickly rather than being a tight one on one though.

Correct. He is an attacking weapon off HB but is not a 3rd tall in defence. He could develop those types of skills but he is better used in another role.

That left leg will be used to clear zones and hit long distance targets.

Looks like plenty here want to beat the prodigious talent out of Collard and turn him into Clint Jones. He’s already shown the ability to run down players this year in the VFL. If he signs on for another three seasons, then I couldn’t happier. The talent is undeniable and is something the club has lacked for more than a decade.

Also, I wouldn’t touch Lukosius with a ten foot pole. He will never live up to his potential, which is a massive ceiling. He is like a crazy ex partner - no, you can’t fix them haha.

I've seen some of his good games and he can look outstanding at times.
So can Zac Jones. So did Ben Long. And of course, so can the modern messiah Max King.

If we're going anywhere, we need to minimise our numbers of inconsistent players and maximise the dependable guns. We've been a "unbeatable at our best" team for too long now.

Correct. He is an attacking weapon off HB but is not a 3rd tall in defence. He could develop those types of skills but he is better used in another role.

That left leg will be used to clear zones and hit long distance targets.
Would be a good get but we need a good midfielder and before spending good draft picks and money on a flanker we need to use that currency on the midfielder.

Hopefully we have one lined up , something becomes available towards the end of trade period.

Looks like plenty here want to beat the prodigious talent out of Collard and turn him into Clint Jones. He’s already shown the ability to run down players this year in the VFL. If he signs on for another three seasons, then I couldn’t happier. The talent is undeniable and is something the club has lacked for more than a decade.

Also, I wouldn’t touch Lukosius with a ten foot pole. He will never live up to his potential, which is a massive ceiling. He is like a crazy ex partner - no, you can’t fix them haha.
who said they wanted to beat out his talent?

Would be stoked to get JL to the club for a second round pick. Would let Membrey walk to North in that case and have Hammer train as a defender all pre season.

B: Wilkie, Howard, Webster
HB: Nas, Caminiti, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Higgins, Lukosius, Owens
F: Butler, King, Sharman

Foll: Marshall, Phillipou, Windhager
Int: Wilson, Clark, Stocker, Dow, Garcia (sub)

Would be an exciting round 1, 2025 lineup.

Lukosious is fool's gold. All the skills in the world, none of the aggression or presence. Don't do it.

Hey we got a bargain once when we got top 8 pick Billy Longer for a pick in the 20s. Surely worth doing again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back