List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t matter tbh Houston is like a 5% chance of happening

B6DOVz7.gif

He is not a mid. An AA HBF'er costing two firsts and then play him out of position?

Not really smart in my opinion.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
1. Wouldn’t pay two firsts, I suggested pick 8 which many on here still wouldn’t give up.
2. Has played a lot of midfield and was only pushed out because port are ridiculously stacked in there. Then became an AA halfback

1. Wouldn’t pay two firsts, I suggested pick 8 which many on here still wouldn’t give up.
2. Has played a lot of midfield and was only pushed out because port are ridiculously stacked in there. Then became an AA halfback
Would costs two firsts for a dual AA HBF'er and I believe he is worth that much.
Excellent player.
However he is not the right fit for our team.

Obviously a much better hbf than a mid. We tried Sinclair as a mid and he also became an AA off half back.
Spending scarce and valuable draft capital on the leagues best Half back and then try to shoehorn him into a position he was forced out of as a mid, to me does not sound like a good or sensible strategy.
Remember when we tried Brad Hill off a wing? Everyone wanted him gone.

Houston AA x 2 contracted for 5 more years, will command minimum a top ten plus another frdp.

So Hawks clearly think he won't be a good player, otherwise they wouldn't be targetting players to squeeze him out.
Do i have confidence that we can develop a player the Hawks gave up on... Hell no.
They're loading up on players in the same position that are older than him. They might not want to lose him but have no choice if he wants opportunity. Looks like a really good player to target, has killed it in the VFL lately and still young.

Would costs two firsts for a dual AA HBF'er and I believe he is worth that much.
Excellent player.
However he is not the right fit for our team.

Obviously a much better hbf than a mid. We tried Sinclair as a mid and he also became an AA off half back.
Spending scarce and valuable draft capital on the leagues best Half back and then try to shoehorn him into a position he was forced out of as a mid, to me does not sound like a good or sensible strategy.
Remember when we tried Brad Hill off a wing? Everyone wanted him gone.

Houston AA x 2 contracted for 5 more years, will command minimum a top ten plus another frdp.

So we can use the picks we’re getting for King to get Houston.

If we get essentially get Houston for Battle then it is a significant net gain. Draft picks are a lottery. Houston gives us guaranteed top tier football for several years. It’s a no brainer.

While I’m at it I’d throw pick 7 and next years first for Petracca. Add those two to our best 22 and have a better run with injuries and we are a premiership threat in an even competition.

If we get essentially get Houston for Battle then it is a significant net gain. Draft picks are a lottery. Houston gives us guaranteed top tier football for several years. It’s a no brainer.

While I’m at it I’d throw pick 7 and next years first for Petracca. Add those two to our best 22 and have a better run with injuries and we are a premiership threat in an even competition.
Petracca has suffered significant physical injuries as well as the mental trauma/ PTSD from being close to death which he has alluded to himself.
Who knows if he even comes back as the player he was.

Our luck he’d have to retire early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrimshaw, Amon, Frost, Chol, Meek, Gunstan, Massimo, Ginnavan, Impey, Stephens, Wingard. Next year at least Battle and Barrass. They tampered with the draft to get Newcombe.

Hawks bought and lost Mitchell & JOM among others.

They have good players, they've got a few who have developed well, but they've traded pretty heavily. They look to have stuffed up a few early picks, but seem pretty good to be able to find role players for gaps on their list - it helps having a 'winning culture'.

I enjoyed watching them last night at the G, frustrating to watch a team sling shot from the bottom of the ladder who won 3 flags merely a decade ago - but they are great to watch in full flight.

So we can use the picks we’re getting for King to get Houston.
Well after watching the performance of the "extra" tall forwards in the finals so far, trading King wouldn't be the worst idea.

Caminiti, Sharman and Mitch forward.

Pick 7 best mid available, King pick for LDU, Battle Pick for Houston. Round 2 and 3 for best available.

Salary dump for Jack Lukoisius, late pick for Ladhams as back up.

Well after watching the performance of the "extra" tall forwards in the finals so far, trading King wouldn't be the worst idea.

Pick 7 best mid available, King pick for LDU, Battle Pick for Houston. Round 2 and 3 for best available.

Trading king would be a stupid idea

All this game is doing is showing the importance of someone like King who has shown that he can be an effective forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back