List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you mean as in that’s the state of play now?

I’m not sure anyone has located the exact rule, but only 2 years ago Sydney bid the pick before GWS pick, who matched with that pick. No way could it possibly be because they had no plan. It’s possible they just decide to take it in the chin or for some other list strategy reason, but my understanding was that it was changed and that the Dons are locked into using their next pick as soon as the bid comes.
I wouldn't read too much into that GWS player was bid on at 16, GWS had picks 17 and 20 at that time.

If they traded out pick 17, pick 20 would have been swallowed up anyway.

The only way they could get two picks in that range was by matching the bid. Completely different scenario to Essendons situation.

Essendon will look at ways to push up the board from their No.9 spot to get ahead of a bid on Next Generation Academy talent Isaac Kako, but will also consider pushing back down the order or shifting picks into next year.

Clubs, including Melbourne, are expected to come hard at the Bombers for the No.9 pick using future first and second-round selections, which would open the door for Essendon to slide out and match Kako with later picks. – Callum Twomey

Essendon will look at ways to push up the board from their No.9 spot to get ahead of a bid on Next Generation Academy talent Isaac Kako, but will also consider pushing back down the order or shifting picks into next year.

Clubs, including Melbourne, are expected to come hard at the Bombers for the No.9 pick using future first and second-round selections, which would open the door for Essendon to slide out and match Kako with later picks. – Callum Twomey
I think right now we would be ahead of Melbourne in the race for pick 9. However, if Clayton Oliver leaves and they get Geelong's Future 1st we could be in trouble. They'd have their own plus Geelong's to get back in with.

Whether we get our needs at 7 and 8 is up in the air. Depends what makes people happy out of the kids that are realistically in the frame.
Soldo is no great tap ruckman and is not AFL standard around the ground , the reason he has only played 60 games in 10 seasons.
Marshall saves us time and again with his marking around the ground , expecting Soldo to improve us as the dominate ruckman is dreaming - he is just a chop out for Marshall and supposedly a upgrade on Campbell.

I think right now we would be ahead of Melbourne in the race for pick 9. However, if Clayton Oliver leaves and they get Geelong's Future 1st we could be in trouble. They'd have their own plus Geelong's to get back in with.
Surely two future firsts won't be in the discussion.

If Melbourne were crazy enough to offer the two future firsts for 9 and Essendons future second, Essendon wouldn't have the points to match for Kako.

I don't think a future first changes much for Melbourne. If they get a future first and Geelongs second, they could offer two seconds and a future first for Pick 9, but that's not a great return for Oliver.

They wont let Oliver go, their midfield is a shambles as it is.

Melbourne want a first rounder and a considerable portion of Oliver’s salary paid.

That is utter insanity and far from a salary dump trade. They genuinely want value in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade period should be no longer than 1 week not enough cash on the airwaves for the AFL though. *ing Micky Mouse organization. They have turned it into a ****ing circus where 4/5ths of * all happens until the last day.
And to make matters worse, they hide what happens on the last day so that the last couple of hours can be more exciting lol.

Both putrid deals imo. Tigers are being greedy and deliberately tanking their list. I hope nobody deals with them and they are left with the players tbh.

Tigers are doing exactly what I would hope we would do if we had a contracted player want out;

Make a club that is renowned for being a push over at the trade table pay absolute top dollar.

Good on em. If the Suds want a contracted Rioli then pay up.

Same for Freo & Bell.

Make them bleed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigers are doing exactly what I would hope we would do if we had a contracted player want out;

Make a club that is renowned for being a push over at the trade table pay absolute top dollar.

Good on em. If the Suds want a contracted Rioli then pay up.

Same for Freo & Bell.

Make them bleed.

In my view they aren’t trading in good faith by taking advantage of the GC. I’d prefer GC, WC and Freo to all walk away and leave the Tigs with their flakey arse players who have obviously checked out and are only in it for the coin.

Soldo is no great tap ruckman and is not AFL standard around the ground , the reason he has only played 60 games in 10 seasons.
Marshall saves us time and again with his marking around the ground , expecting Soldo to improve us as the dominate ruckman is dreaming - he is just a chop out for Marshall and supposedly a upgrade on Campbell.

Selling him a bit short there IMO.

He was stuck behind a pretty reasonable ruckman in Nank when at Richmond & then got injured this year allowing Sweet to go past him.

He’s a massive upgrade on TC. We all loved Tom but he was bloody ordinary in RWB this year.

In my view they aren’t trading in good faith by taking advantage of the GC. I’d prefer GC, WC and Freo to all walk away and leave the Tigs with their flakey arse players who have obviously checked out and are only in it for the coin.
I agree to some degree. Ridiculous ambit claims jut make people look stupid.....

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back