2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Dopers board apparently we put a lot of work into the Viking at the combine. Same bloke reckons we will settle on the Viking and Lindsay.
17 clubs interviewed him over the weekend. Wouldn’t put too much into anything

I think he’s norths man from what I’ve heard.
Makes sense tbh. List need and their list manager today said they are considering sliding pick 2, but only a few picks down.

It’s kind of shaping up to be something along these lines.

1. Lalor - Rich
2. Ashcroft - Bris (bid Rich)
3. FOS - Rich (via NM)
4. Smith - WC
5. Draper - Adel
6. Langford/Trainor/Armstrong/Smillie - Melb
7. Tauru - NM (via GC and Rich for Rioli)

We then have 3 of the blokes Melb overlook plus Lindsay, Reid and Travaglia to choose from.

I stop following for 5 minutes and now there's a whole new top ten... who tf is tauru and kako, the hell is going on

edit - okay just watched tauru's highlights reel... be nice if they showed him taking a mark or two... (literally the whole package, can he break out of a canter?)

edit 2 - ok he looks good, if we rate him at our pick and grab him I'm all for it.. a shorter more mobile Roo (actually looks similar in the air to roo)

Last edited:

Q2

Metro

- Harry Armstrong 3 goals as a mobile key forward. Looks promising.

- Harry sims the other key forward has a huge leap on him.

-morreas is busy, won't be a midfielder at afl level though imo, more a high half forward.

Country

-lalor huge grab leading out of the square. Looks to have one of the highest upsides in the draft. Only query is if he is a midfielder, or more a Jake stringer 50/50 forward mid?

-travaglia is a jet off half back. Smooth moving, hard running and strong in the air. Whoever picks him up mid first round will get a solid 200 gamer.

- really like Tauru also across half back. Intercepting king, could be a perfect Wilkie replacement in a few years.
Don't wanna be "that guy", but I'm claiming the flying Viking as "my guy" in early July. Go saints

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back