List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

He's only young and obviously only played 2 games, but I'm still unsure if McLennan makes it. Looked treacle slow out there yesterday, with blokes easily running past him. He's not tall enough to play on a second tall forward. Seems like he would need the right matchup for the opposition to select him. Worth having around for next year though.
Probably reserve judgement for a while yet IMHO.

So according to Garry Lyon (Melbourne legend so you'd think he has connections and would be ITK), Oliver's playing with a completely cooked and messed up hand and the only reason he's playing is because "keeping occupied is what works best for him"

With the way he plays; winning contested ball, winning ground balls, tackling etc., a cooked hand would make it really hard to do any of that and we're seeing that on the field. To what extent and how much of his drop-off can be attributed to the hand is the question. He looks overweight and unfit which I'll call the 2nd reason. Whether a lack of drugs or whatever is actually hurting his performance is another question

Having no previous experience with drug use, my view is that a disciplined environment at a new club can turn things around for him. Get his hand right over the off-season, get him on a strict fitness regime over the summer, and get him back primed for pre-season. He might not get back to being the best midfielder in the competition, but if he could even be a top 10 mid in the comp, it might be worth a shot for us ONLY IF it costs no more than a second round pick
I think that’s a crock.
So the Dees, battling at the moment would choose to play an unfit player over a fit one because it “keeps him occupied.”

If I were a Dees supporter I’d be ropeable about that, and honestly if “keeping him occupied” is the only thing keeping him on the straight and narrow, that’s ringing huge alarm bells for me.

Is it worth trading Collard to a WA team for a late first/early second this year? I'm not really convinced he's going to come on here and if this draft has as many good mids as is being reported I think we're better off giving ourselves as many shots as it as possible.
Only those at the club will know, but l definitely want a cocky little shit with attitude problems and more talent than the rest of them put together. If he's comfortable in Victoria then we need to keep him, though he may need some time to grow up.

Trade our 2nd and 3rd rounder for Brissy's late first?

Trust me, we've done 20k when Josh Kelly was thought to be coming to St.Kilda ;)
Depends where Peckett is going to fall in the draft rankings. He's been invited to the combine and has now played a VFL game so his stocks are rising somewhat.

So according to Garry Lyon (Melbourne legend so you'd think he has connections and would be ITK), Oliver's playing with a completely cooked and messed up hand and the only reason he's playing is because "keeping occupied is what works best for him"

With the way he plays; winning contested ball, winning ground balls, tackling etc., a cooked hand would make it really hard to do any of that and we're seeing that on the field. To what extent and how much of his drop-off can be attributed to the hand is the question. He looks overweight and unfit which I'll call the 2nd reason. Whether a lack of drugs or whatever is actually hurting his performance is another question

Having no previous experience with drug use, my view is that a disciplined environment at a new club can turn things around for him. Get his hand right over the off-season, get him on a strict fitness regime over the summer, and get him back primed for pre-season. He might not get back to being the best midfielder in the competition, but if he could even be a top 10 mid in the comp, it might be worth a shot for us ONLY IF it costs no more than a second round pick

It doesn't matter where he is or who is around him if he's not 100% committed to staying clean.

Maybe an unpopular opinion as he will be 29, but if Petracca (or someone similar) was genuinely to become available I would be more than happy to part with our first and whatever else it takes. Hitting this draft might be one too many with Steele/Marshall/Wilkie/Sinclair all the wrong side of 28. Our youth is already in good stead and the "evenness" should make us unafraid to trade our first, even if Battle stays. Time to pay up and have a proper crack at this thing if the opportunity arises.

I think that’s a crock.
So the Dees, battling at the moment would choose to play an unfit player over a fit one because it “keeps him occupied.”

If I were a Dees supporter I’d be ropeable about that, and honestly if “keeping him occupied” is the only thing keeping him on the straight and narrow, that’s ringing huge alarm bells for me.

Might forget, that he does suffer from ADHD, so it might not all a crock and simply an "addictive" instance as we simply dunno how severe or where comfort might be. If this is a "safe space" in that regard, would do more harm to tell Oliver "alright, GTFO thanks" as we just dunno.

And given I chose alcohol taking my prescriptions previously to entirely poor decisions on my behalf to wake me TF up, I also can't disparage someone with access choosing that outlet for an option. AKA taking drugs as an outlet as alcohol is just legal, it's still a mind altering drug at the core since dehydrator and that plays on the waking mind.

Might forget, that he does suffer from ADHD, so it might not all a crock and simply an "addictive" instance as we simply dunno how severe or where comfort might be. If this is a "safe space" in that regard, would do more harm to tell Oliver "alright, GTFO thanks" as we just dunno.

And given I chose alcohol taking my prescriptions previously to entirely poor decisions on my behalf to wake me TF up, I also can't disparage someone with access choosing that outlet for an option. AKA taking drugs as an outlet as alcohol is just legal, it's still a mind altering drug at the core since dehydrator and that plays on the waking mind.
I work with kids with ADHD.
Sorry, but this is a professional environment - babysit him off field if you must, but to play an unfit player, who can’t actually do his job properly because of a hand injury, which Lyon mentioned, I’d think that might p off some of his team mates as well.

Has Oliver actually been busted taking drugs? Obviously he is a loose unit, but to what extent is hard to know.

I was happy to explore it, but some of the allegations flying around on the Demons board are pretty full on.

Probably exaggerated, but there is a lot of smoke surrounding him. I just though he was incredibly dumb, but if he has a drug issue it's not worth it.

Last edited:
Has Oliver actually been busted taking drugs? Obviously he is a loose unit, but to what extent is hard to know.

I was happy to explore it, but some of the allegations flying around on the Demons board are pretty full on.

Probably exaggerated, but there is a lot of smoke surrounding him. I just though he was incredibly dumb, but if he has a drug issue it's not worth it.
No shit there's alot of smoke around him.... smoke from a glass pipe!!!!!

Reckon quite a bit has been swept under the carpet by the AFL given he was a top 5 player in the league before the ...... required intervention.

Yeah, I'm all for 2nd chances, but as Diehard saint noted, this is a professional sport, we're trying to make and win finals and an all elusive premiership. We're not a charity or Big Brother, 12 steps to sobriety buddy program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade our 2nd and 3rd rounder for Brissy's late first?

Trust me, we've done 20k when Josh Kelly was thought to be coming to St.Kilda ;)

Trade and draft threads usually have a huge amount of traffic. I'd say the whole forum has had a significant drop off. Old Chief really stuffed up.

Certainly looks like he does. He's also got a gambling issue if you believe the rumours. If a quarter of the stories are true he's not someone you want around the club.

Let's just say Melbourne aren't paying other clubs to take their elite midfielder because they want him to have more opportunity.

I think that’s a crock.

But keeping a $5m+ investment occupied to help him stay on the straight & narrow is probably smart thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe an unpopular opinion as he will be 29, but if Petracca (or someone similar) was genuinely to become available I would be more than happy to part with our first and whatever else it takes. Hitting this draft might be one too many with Steele/Marshall/Wilkie/Sinclair all the wrong side of 28. Our youth is already in good stead and the "evenness" should make us unafraid to trade our first, even if Battle stays. Time to pay up and have a proper crack at this thing if the opportunity arises.

If Petracca was available (can't see Dees letting him go), he is going to be chased pretty hard by a few clubs in the premiership window. Can't see that at 29 he would choose to go to a list that is a couple of years off at least. Also not too sure what he would do for us? Does he have 5 years left in him?

Pretty much same comment on Oliver to be honest.

If we are selling off guys like Battle to drop down for draft picks, picking up 29 year olds is absolute insanity. Apparently we aren't challenging until the under 22s are mid to late 20s. Petracca will be long gone and we won't have kids coming up under them if we pay picks for him.

We already have Marshall, Steele, Crouch, Membrey, Ross, Wilkie, Howard, Butler, Sinclair types in that age bracket and all needing replacing because they likely won't be around by the time we get into challenge mode.

To me you don't give up FRDPs for trades unless the player will push you to challenge or they are under 25 and have years of high end footy left.

We are not in the window to win a flag so there is no way we can afford to use our first pick plus more on a bloke 29 and who from the sounds of things has some doubts on whether he will play again

No shit there's alot of smoke around him.... smoke from a glass pipe!!!!!

The guy was one of the fattest kid you've seen and once he got into the AFL he seemed magically lose all this weight. I wonder what his secret is?

The guy was one of the fattest kid you've seen and once he got into the AFL he seemed magically lose all this weight. I wonder what his secret is?
Yeah so true , I couldn't believe it was the same guy, maybe just hard work but he did drop a lot of KG's

Clarry is really a highly functioning degenerate.
He’s not on the level of Ben Cousins addiction, he just carry’s on like a ****wit ala most 20-25 country kids.
Loves a punt, the gear and a few too many zinger boxes

Probably prefer to avoid him, but he’s not Ben Cousins 2.0. He got caught up with the bikies due to his gambling, and lives like a slob.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back