List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think so. We bounced like them last year on the back of improved youth. Clubs will work them out and slow them down and they will have to try and deal with that.

There is a big difference between being genuinely good and being good because people took you lightly and you jumped them.

Hawks are more the latter IMO
Hawks have had an amazing injury run too.

Outside of Lewis & Blanck they've had the vast majority of their best 22 available most weeks.

But Howard "feels gettable" to two nerds who need to fill up minutes on the afl app.

Two Nerds, read bigfooty, find rumours someone made up.
Big Footy users, read/watch gettable , use it to substantiate rumours.

I don't think so. We bounced like them last year on the back of improved youth. Clubs will work them out and slow them down and they will have to try and deal with that.

There is a big difference between being genuinely good and being good because people took you lightly and you jumped them.

They remind me a bit of Adelaide last year.

Think you're undervaluing Mitchell's influence and potential as a Coach.
Was just thinking about the happy attacking celecbrating Hawks.
Remember all the plaudits for last years scoring machines that played football the right way?
Adelaide.

We'll see how the hawks go when the top ten teams see them as a finals rival and put time into them.
They'll have players getting sat on for the first time like Naz did at the start of this season and they'll need to work through it as well.

Nah- they are playing genuinely good team football and their systems are working well. They were on their way to this style last season with a few holes here and there, but now they have fixed some of those deficiencies. They have left us behind, and I reckon North will do the same in a couple of seasons. I don't want this scenario at all, but I think the club just messed up too many things with players, list management, changing coach etc.

find a ruck, play campbell, heath, what ever and they ruck the centre and fwd

put marshall in battles spot at chb he is more mobile than battle and takes all the ruck in the back line

can easily be switched around
hammer and sharman can swing back, marshall can go fwd and ruck the centre when starting ruck rests

throw the sink at a gun ruck

roma ****ing dominates when he swings back and fills the hole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If both Howard and Battle go we'll be bottom 2 next season.
I wouldn't think it would be that drastic , but losing both would leave us with hardly anything.
To me Battle is a must keep , he is at the age now to really become a leader in the defense.
Howard is far better than what they say on here - but would you swap him for a Taranto - yes I would.

Of course people say if we get pick 6 for him we should take it but really if you look at this year with the amount of narrow losses we have had there is no reason we should be playing finals next year if we don't weaken the squad.

We have vast improvement in our current team with all of the kids and Nas is already showing he is a star and standout games from Sharman , Phillipou is just showing us we have some top quality kids in this team.

Hit the draft for sure , but I would be looking at any team with disgruntled young players and one team I would be looking at the kids is at the Bombers - even the media a potting there recruitment / not surprising because Dildo was making the calls , but they have had high draft picks and a lot showed promise but have now been labeled soft - guys like Perkins , Jones , Reid , Cox , Bryan , Tsatas and I'm sure our coaches could turn them in the right direction.

It must be remembered we have not had a great year and a few players didn't produce or were hampered by injury - like Sinclair had a hampered preseason and never really got back to his best till 1/2 way through the season.
King never performed to expectations , Crouch looks to be finished which is a big loss , Clark was hardly seen until the season was finished , Dow has been a disappointment.
Wood and Webster missing a large chunk of the year along with Henry.
But a part from this we only really got destroyed twice - once by the Dogs and the other was the Lions.

So really we are not far off it - who's not to say Owens , Windhager , Philipou , Wilson take a huge step next year and dominate along with King , Sharman and Henry , we all have seen Nas has taken that next step.

Brayden Campbell would be worth asking the question of.
Looks like he could explode with midfield minutes but he’s never cracking a regular gig in Sydney

Great call, love him! Beautiful kick would be perfect but contracted until end of next year though so we’d need to plant the seed now and work him next year

I wouldn't think it would be that drastic , but losing both would leave us with hardly anything.
To me Battle is a must keep , he is at the age now to really become a leader in the defense.
Howard is far better than what they say on here - but would you swap him for a Taranto - yes I would.

Of course people say if we get pick 6 for him we should take it but really if you look at this year with the amount of narrow losses we have had there is no reason we should be playing finals next year if we don't weaken the squad.

We have vast improvement in our current team with all of the kids and Nas is already showing he is a star and standout games from Sharman , Phillipou is just showing us we have some top quality kids in this team.

Hit the draft for sure , but I would be looking at any team with disgruntled young players and one team I would be looking at the kids is at the Bombers - even the media a potting there recruitment / not surprising because Dildo was making the calls , but they have had high draft picks and a lot showed promise but have now been labeled soft - guys like Perkins , Jones , Reid , Cox , Bryan , Tsatas and I'm sure our coaches could turn them in the right direction.

It must be remembered we have not had a great year and a few players didn't produce or were hampered by injury - like Sinclair had a hampered preseason and never really got back to his best till 1/2 way through the season.
King never performed to expectations , Crouch looks to be finished which is a big loss , Clark was hardly seen until the season was finished , Dow has been a disappointment.
Wood and Webster missing a large chunk of the year along with Henry.
But a part from this we only really got destroyed twice - once by the Dogs and the other was the Lions.

So really we are not far off it - who's not to say Owens , Windhager , Philipou , Wilson take a huge step next year and dominate along with King , Sharman and Henry , we all have seen Nas has taken that next step.
I know I'm repetitive, but I just think Battle is brave, honest, skilled, hardworking, extroverted, versatile AND has a great surname!

I've got a feeling the media will make a massive deal of the Captain Battle premiership era of Hawthorn while we're constantly consoling ourselves that there was nothing we could have done and that it was the only way to get that extra top 10 draft pick on the next Jack Billings or Jade Gresham.

12 reasons you can’t just rely on, it’s ok we will bring in Top 10 picks.

Nate Caddy, Nik Cox, Dyson Heppell, Andrew McGrath, Darcy Parish, Archie Perkins, Zach Reid, Will Setterfield, Jake Stringer, Elijah Tsatas, Sam Weideman, Peter Wright

Essendon football club lol

Nate Caddy, Nik Cox, Dyson Heppell, Andrew McGrath, Darcy Parish, Archie Perkins, Zach Reid, Will Setterfield, Jake Stringer, Elijah Tsatas, Sam Weideman, Peter Wright

I actually forgot Stringer was taken at pick 5 by the dogs.
No guarantees folks no guarantees.
Battle is a guarantee.
I’m sad he’s leaving.

If we draft like that, keeping Battle won't change a darn thing. We'd be buried in the sand dog shit

Good thing is we've drafted Wilson, Pou, Nas over the past 3 years. That's an elite return considering they were all outside the top 10 so we just gotta back in the list mgmt team (even though Toce left). Now to see what they can do with a couple of top 10 picks in an even draft

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back