List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

200.gif
team america vomit GIF

Just on the Steele hypotheticals… has a club ever traded its captain before?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Leigh Colbert left North to go to Geelong
Ryan Griffen to Giants from Dogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you possibly trade the higher pick
could come down to who is left ?

if it's our turn and there is mids that we didn't expect to slide then we may use both

GC have 7 12 20 27 34
freo have 8 13 25
swans 18 19

GC seems to be the one you'd deal with because of what they need for academy picks
IfRichmo
you possibly trade the higher pick
could come down to who is left ?

if it's our turn and there is mids that we didn't expect to slide then we may use both

GC have 7 12 20 27 34
freo have 8 13 25
swans 18 19

GC seems to be the one you'd deal with because of what they need for academy picks
If Richmond lose Rioli,Bolton,Graham and Baker then GC and Fremantle Draft hand likely to change dramatically.
Tigers could gain up to 6 very good picks

They may be the team to trade picks with.

Just on the Steele hypotheticals… has a club ever traded its captain before?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's rare.

While Griffen is the most recent example, it should be noted that one of the reasons he wanted out was he was unhappy that the club made him captain in the first place. Never wanted the role and was forced into it.

This is me daydreaming but if we could get Macrea for cheap and Parker as a salary dump, I would not consider Steele for a trade and take the two best mids at our picks.

Steele, Macrea, Parker as the spearhead mids, then Clark, Pou Windy, then we have the real developers Wilson, Garcia plus the two young draftees.

Gives us a couple of years of a decent midfield transitioning to the young ones in 206/27.
Steele Macrae Parker Clark Pou Windy would be the slowest midfield in the comp. Gl trying to control Butters Rozee JHF

What if, it’s say, just saying mind, (and I’m definitely not across the rules and salary cap spaces etc.) out of the blue, a team which is not unknown to pull surprise ambushes, and I’m referring to Sydney, who are a bit light in for defence, offered Josh Battle a huge package, trumping the Hawks offer, then negotiated with us to get Paton in with the package?

How would that work out?

(Battle telling us he bleeds dollars, not red, white and black, might give us a cause for brazenness)
If I've interpreted your post correct, they'd probably do it in two separate deals. Battle via free agency, Paton via trade

This is me daydreaming but if we could get Macrea for cheap and Parker as a salary dump, I would not consider Steele for a trade and take the two best mids at our picks.

Steele, Macrea, Parker as the spearhead mids, then Clark, Pou Windy, then we have the real developers Wilson, Garcia plus the two young draftees.

Gives us a couple of years of a decent midfield transitioning to the young ones in 206/27.
I like it. Two quality players. Add Parish if you think Ross could get the best out of his strengths and we could be a proper centre clearance team.

TT was NEVER EVER in consideration for the Saints

All reports were lies and beyond further from the truth. I wanted to let you guys know that.

St Kilda should sue whichever journo ran with this slanderous story IMO

Tarryn was having lunch with cousin when he approached a worker he knew in a St Kilda polo getting takeaway. They had a brief chat. Journos ran with this. I know the lunch spot too in Bentleigh. TT frequents it and sits at the back table.

Your club NEVER EVER wanted him. Thought you should know. That is what really went down

Maybe, but we butchered the McEvoy trader. We are gonna get overs for battle and be able to get something we need more. This draft could set us up for the future.
Good way of looking at it. No way Hawks would have wanted Battle of it was going to cost them pick 6. So we're definitely getting overs with the compo.

I love Battle, but it's also an added bonus that we won't be spending $900,000 a year on a third tall defender.

That money would be better used keeping Pou, Nas, Wilson, etc at Moorabbin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine trading out Lachie Neale for Hogan only to then throw Hogan away for nothing.

Let's keep things in context here and not forget that even with Battle playing pretty good footy we're still a bottom 4-5 side this year. That's the state of our midfield. Now imagine we got injuries to Marshall or Wilkie and then we'd really figure out the depth of our list.
We've got some good young players that can roll through there but a couple years off.
Were not going to challenge midfields like Port and Bri and were not bringing in megastar FA's. Paying overs for figjam mids doesn't work either. We must keep trying to draft the best talent we can. There's no other way.

Who ya thinkin 😈

Dylan Shiel of course. Honestly, if there's a good mid available I wouldn't be opposed to trading out pick 5 (Battle compo) and going with pick 4 to the draft. Our backline has some options, even if they're not as good as Battle, we've at least got Schoenmaker who looks promising, Paton who is ok and Cordy who is a bit limited but ok. Out midfield needs something to change ASAP.

That game vs Sydney a month or so back showed what a difference a few new faces through the midfield could make; Pou and Henry gave us a few line breaking, goal kicking midfield options to compliment Steele at stoppages. Obviously you'd hope those 2 get a good run at it next year and continue with that, but another quality mid would be huge for us I reckon. If we could poach another young mid to go along with our core group of guys under ~24 (Wilson, Pou, Nas, Owens, Windy, Schoenmaker, Henry, King) I'd be happy.

Finn Callaghan, Bailey Smith, Trent Rivers. I'd love us to bag a 20-23 year old with runs on the board as a midfielder with goal kicking and ability to break lines from contest. Basically what we hoped from Zak Jones but to a higher standard.

For all the hyperbole over the last few weeks, Long has had 1 kick to 3/4 time. (Billing’s 4, Gresham 4 last night). All 3 are hopelessly inconsistent and rightly moved on.

Takes too many minutes/games away from kids we need to fast track. We ain’t winning a flag without putting a lot of effort into the kids.

James Peatling would have to be seriously considering his options this offseason.

Hasn’t gone anywhere near the midfield this afternoon now that Coniglio and Kelly are back. He’s been one of the Giants best the last month.

Not saying it’s us, but if a club offered him three years and promised midfield time, he’d be silly to not consider it.

Steele Macrae Parker Clark Pou Windy would be the slowest midfield in the comp. Gl trying to control Butters Rozee JHF
We have Dow and Sinclair, Garcia, Wilson and the two new dp's but yeah look at just the negatives.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

pou and windy aint slow, windy is zippy with an average top speed, pou is slower off the mark with a decent top speed. Both much faster than steele who looks like he's running in wet concrete

Shiel has just about been Essendon’s best player the last month, if we land him for a third rounder or less it’s going to be a good get, in the sense that we don’t lose much and he’s easily making our 23 with our midfield. Clearly Parker would be good also but he might have a few suitors including Sydney, after his recent form. 1 year deals preferably. But I’d say to get them over you have to offer more than others.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back