List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you give up our 2nd round pick this year and our 1st rounder next year for him?
For sure, if he was 25/26 and we were going to get 8-10 years out of him.

I hope we let someone else fight Melbourne for this and we just keep focusing on building a 15+ year window by focusing on the future and not tomorrow... for once.

Last edited:

I know its just a small video clip, but are people still gonna persist with the idea that Shiel has zero leadership?

2 firsts and a player smells like 1 first round and a second when it comes to the trade deadline.

Also needs to be genuine consideration that he might never be the same player again post injury.
Imagine we actually did trade for him after all these years, but he was never the same and a career of bang and crash leads to his retirement at 31 🤣🤣🤣🤣👌

I know its just a small video clip, but are people still gonna persist with the idea that Shiel has zero leadership?

I can't see any leadership there, just more words. Proof of leadership is on the field, he doesn't show it.
Jack Steele gets criticized for being no leader but he leads by example, same with Jarryn Geary, half the skill of Sheil and twice the on field and OFF field leader.

Sheil is no leader in my view, and if he comes to us he will cruise because it is his superannuation.

Now a Luke Parker in comparision oozes leadership.

Imagine we actually did trade for him after all these years, but he was never the same and a career of bang and crash leads to his retirement at 31 🤣🤣🤣🤣👌
Look the Dees have lost Brayshaw, looks like Viney is gone to North. They wont want to lose either Oliver or Petracca.

Both are a pipe dream in my view.

I can't see any leadership there, just more words. Proof of leadership is on the field, he doesn't show it.
Jack Steele gets criticized for being no leader but he leads by example, same with Jarryn Geary, half the skill of Sheil and twice the on field and OFF field leader.

Sheil is no leader in my view, and if he comes to us he will cruise because it is his superannuation.

Now a Luke Parker in comparision oozes leadership.
Everyone leads differently.

Ross lauds professionalism and Shiel oozes such. At 32 next year, there’s no reason he can’t play for another 2-3 seasons but the sugar hit for 12 months of quality in preparation, execution and contribution will undoubtedly exceed that which will get from Zac Jones, Seb Ross and Brad Crouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross lauds professionalism and Shiel oozes such. At 32 next year, there’s no reason he can’t play for another 2-3 seasons but the sugar hit for 12 months of quality in preparation, execution and contribution will undoubtedly exceed that which will get from Zac Jones, Seb Ross and Brad Crouch.
You have to wonder what Marshall and Wilkie and the rest of our best players would think if Shiel comes in and is getting paid over $1m, more than all of them to be a role player and babysit the crew in rehab. I’d be filthy

Thing is ... who is Shiel or Macrae replacing in our current team?

A young up-coming mid field player like Garcia or Pou?

Will their output be better than Clark or Dow who are 7 years younger and just coming into their prime years?

Does the inclusion of Shiel and/or Macrae take us to the Premiership?

I know they bring experience but playing them takes away experience and development of younger players

Sorry but a big no to both .... maybe Parker just cause he brings a hard, manic edge

I would be interested in how Sheil oozes professionalism, he is a peacock with his oiled up guns. The epitome of looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
I saw more match winner in an 18 y.o Wilson yesterday than I have in Sheil entire career. Was hidden by a stellar GWS midfield where he was a receiver, then exposed as the fraud he is at Essendon.
Front runner who goes missing when the going gets tough. Luke Parker had his number when he mocked Sheil for being scared of his own shadow.

Will their output be better than Clark or Dow who are 7 years younger and just coming into their prime years?

I know they bring experience but playing them takes away experience and development of younger players

Sorry but a big no to both .... maybe Parker just cause he brings a hard, manic edge
Injuries, form, management of players etc. You would want a Parker to play maybe 15 games a year. Rotate the kids through for development.

Neither takes us to a premiership, but like Paddy Ryder can be a great boost to a younger team.

It is nice to have maybe a problem in fitting in all the younger mids, something we haven't had for many a year, plus two more top ten players.

Not unreasonable they get plenty of senior games as well. Pou played every game last year, Wilson every game this year. The kids seem to be AFL ready a bit quicker.

You have to wonder what Marshall and Wilkie and the rest of our best players would think if Shiel comes in and is getting paid over $1m, more than all of them to be a role player and babysit the crew in rehab. I’d be filthy

I think most of them know it goes on and just accept it.
Its not like a bunch of workers in a unionised shop.

Probably.
Its a pretty low bar.

Which window are we going to look through today boys and girls , the round window , the arched window.... Oh look its the teeny tiny Essendon Premiership window. Sorry its so small we can't see anything.

images
Read this on the Essendon forum from Nov 2022

“Our 2025 midfield is coming together nicely.

Hobbs and Caldwell the grunt.
Tsatas the speed and power.
Perkins the class.

Next year we grab the defensive blocker.”

Haha

Gettable

STK vs HAW for Battle is close and we'll know by next week when season is over - Cal

Sharman, Wood, Butler, Byrnes, Heath have all signed/in the process of signing new deals - Riley

Ross, Howard, Membrey expected to explore interest - Riley
If Battle is gone, which I'm assuming he is, then we simply must keep Howard. If he is going to move on I hope it isn't because we've told him to explore his options again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back