List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Recon we are a genuine chance of getting LDU at the end of next year.

If we finish off the year well, take 2 mids in the draft, keep improving next year, surely we can snag a free agent ?

Surely he is getting sick of 100 point smackings ?

Recon we are a genuine chance of getting LDU at the end of next year.

If we finish off the year well, take 2 mids in the draft, keep improving next year, surely we can snag a free agent ?

Surely he is getting sick of 100 point smackings ?
Seems unlikely, but it seems almost certain we would have already or will offer him a crazy deal, say 9 million over 6 years?

The live performance of a team is so crucial, as I believe we're seeing with battle now... who wouldnt want to join the hawks.

Its a tough ask for us to look great next year counting a fair bit on first year mids

You have to go back a long way. Nothing that I can recall in the modern era.

Garry Sidebottom was captain of St Kilda in 1980 and was traded to Geelong in 1981.

Mark Williams was captain of Collingwood in 1986 and was traded to the Brisbane Bears in 1987.

Jeff Hogg was captain of Richmond in 1993 and was traded to Fitzroy in 1994.

Wayne Carey was captain of North in 2001 when he was exposed as being in an affair with Anthony Stevens’ wife. He was traded to Adelaide the next year.

Ryan Griffen was captain of the WB in 2014 and was traded to GWS in 2015 as part of the Tom Boyd trade. He would be the last one I think.
Throw in Chris Judd and Leigh Colbert too !

Macrae looks good in the Dogs game. Kicking is elite. Him vs Shiel will depend on which set of attributes we prefer I think whether its the elite foot skills or the burst speed from stoppage

If we were to get Macrae, would we keep Jones as well?
I'm thinking it would be hard on Jones, but we'd need to let him go.

We still need some midfield depth, especially if Crouch and Ross are both finished. I was complaining every time he was picked up until about a month ago, but I would be surprised if he was delisted the way he has finished the year.

Yeah they're different types of mids since Jones is the speedy one and Crae is the contested ball-user one. You can easily fit Steele Crae Jones in the same midfield and its a good balance (altho don't think we'll see it that often considering Pou Windy Clark etc.)

I think Crouch and Ross will go, so replace one of their list spots with Crae then the other with pick 5 to refresh with youth

Yeah they're different types of mids since Jones is the speedy one and Crae is the contested ball-user one. You can easily fit Steele Crae Jones in the same midfield and its a good balance (altho don't think we'll see it that often considering Pou Windy Clark etc.)

I think Crouch and Ross will go, so replace one of their list spots with Crae then the other with pick 5 to refresh with youth
Let's not get blinded by Jones' standard 3 decent games a year. He sucks

Lyon would most probably know who's being culled
Interesting nothing being said about Crouch - still has a yr to run on his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not get blinded by Jones' standard 3 decent games a year. He sucks
He can play but has never played more than 13 games a yr the past 4 years and really it is unacceptable especially when most of those games he played were not like the form he has shown the last couple of weeks.

However he is on the basic salary for a AFL player and they have inside knowledge he has turn the corner with injury's he could be given a one year deal.

We have:
Clark, Windhager, Byrnes, Phillipou, Wilson, Henry, Garcia.

Def Def Def
Def Def Def
Henry, Clark, Hill
Fwd Fwd Fwd
Fwd Fwd Fwd

Marshall. Windhager, Phillipou

Byrnes, Wilson , Garcia , XXXX

Depth.
Dow, Jones, Hotton

If we draft a couple more, i'm not sue we need 2 overpaid oldies.
I don't mind playing one, but i think Jones is normally a level below the Crouch types.

You're kidding right? Macrae is one of the best kicks inside 50 in the comp when playing full time mids
agreed,in fact if we got him i would hold off on the big long contract extension one more year for Max,then watch him play with macrae,if he isnt enthusiastic leading to that left foot then he never will be and we oughta do what some are suggesting and get near full value out of him,macrae would be the barometer for Max for me

Can't see it happening, I'd be shocked if it's a genuine chance
Not a chance in hell I’d have thought. He’s 30 and well past his best, what would we do with him he’d just get in the way of owens etc. I guess Essendon might think if we’re stupid enough to take Shiel maybe we’d take both.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back