List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had a very long term mate that I first met on a job 25 years ago that every job in our industry we've got we've told each other what we're earning. We've done jobs where one of us has earnt a lot more than the other but we know the best day on the job is together. I'd hope Josh Battle looks at Callum Wilkie and says my best day will always be next to him.

How many employees would double your mates money if he said he was leaving? Wilkie could command big offers elsewhere.

re hayes,if we dont offer him a contract,but dont delist him,does that mean another club can just take him for nothing?

we need list spots so very happy for him to go,but would love some kind of pick for him,would it be in our interest to offer him the absolute minimum for 1 year,then if there is interest assume the other club are willing to go a little higher and maybe 2 years so he will go & then we can get something for him,or at worst get stuck with him for 1 year on the bare minimum

but a 4th,even a late 3rd could be handy for our own dumpster diving,or to use on one our f/s nga boys
Make him captain/coach of Sandy

If we get picks 5,6 would u trade them for Ried?
If Reid was gettable with two draft picks Richmond will be driving the bus that picks him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Hayes, we could always just rookie him if noone else wants him.... oh wait, sorry, that's going to a spud from the Zebras 🤦‍♂️
Heaven forbid we give a young guy an opportunity to make it at a high level and try and incentivize higher level recruits to sandy at the same time. Such a shitty ****ing attitude.

Not sure what we gain from delisting Hayes?? He's not drawing a huge salary, and if he gets a good run with this body, he's more than handy backup.

At 29 come round 1 next year, we're not building our next generation around him, but I struggle to see how he doesnt keep a list spot for 2025
We gain an open list spot of which there are few. We lose a player that's averaging 3 games per season over the length of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back